Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » POST STORYS HERE.

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 7 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 7.
arthur Posted: May 5th 2008

hi post youre movies or storys. heres some of myne

Fourthtry Posted: May 5th 2008

Listen,I need a few pointers on stop-motion animation.
What is the best formula to use for tears when a puppet is supposed to be crying? When a puppet is throwing something,like,say,a ball,how do you suspend the ball in the air for one frame and then let it land? How do you make weather effects such as rain?

Fourthtry Posted: May 6th 2008

Oh,and say if the cartoon is about fire-fighters,how do you create the effects of the flame for the burning building,or pouring on the water?

Fourthtry Posted: May 9th 2008

Huh!? My last post must have been deleted by the Aardman staff. Sorry about my temper there.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 11th 2008

To make a character cry put bits of either blue plasticine or see through salophane onto his cheek. In order for a ball to fly through the air suspend it with very thin string or wire and animate it that way. You can then edit out the string or wire on a programme like 'paint' or adobe'. For rain you could either add it on with CGI or put pieces of salophane onto the lens of the camera.

Fourthtry Posted: May 13th 2008

Thanks for the tip,I know I was going a bit off subject,but you know,when you have a question.....oh well....NVM.

Matt08 Posted: Jun 16th 2008

for rain and fire, I use a programme called vision lab studio, it lets you add all sorts of effects, from explosions to rain drops that you can customise to your liking. as for doing teardrops, I've heard that you can use small pieces of glycerine or some jelly like substance that will work.
Something I have heard also works on a low budget is using small pieces of PVA glue and allowing them to dry. They will dry clear and can be fixed onto the face of a plasticine character easily when pressed on.

Before I forget, another way to make a ball float in mid air (this depends highly on the set) you will need a green background for chromakey, and you will need to paint the support for the ball in the same shade of green. This way, when you swap the green for an alternative background, the ball will appear to be in flight.

Hope this helps

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.