Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » HI IM NEW AND ID LIKE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF PLASTICINE PEOPLE USE AND WERE TO BUY TH WALLACE AND GROMIT MODELLING KIT

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 35 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 35.
Hazzer2008 Posted: May 27th 2008

d like to know what kind of plasticine people use and were to buy the and modelling kit:D

jordan Posted: May 27th 2008

the wallace and gromit modelling kit is no longer made, maybe try ebay?

bronny8425 Posted: May 28th 2008

i dont think you can really buy a modelling kit

Hazzer2008 Posted: May 28th 2008

oh thx anyway guys:D

katie Aardman Staff Posted: May 29th 2008

I have heard that there will be a new W&G modelling kit coming out later this year, similar to this Shaun the Sheep one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plasticine-Shaun-Sheep-Model-Farmyard/dp/B0012NGR42/026-4575859-8170004?SubscriptionId=1VWZJCFNA70BRP2AV3R2

The new kit should be available in the shops at the end of August/start of September - we'll keep you posted!

Harry Posted: May 29th 2008

Katie, please if there is a new one can it have Newplast, I have some newplast now but I have never had the Wallace and Gromit modelling kit. I will buy this one.

Hazzer2008 Posted: Jun 2nd 2008

hi katie thx for the reply and i cant wait for the modelling kit to come out. good luck at aardman.:D

Matt08 Posted: Jun 10th 2008

I'd safely say that newplast has got to be the best stuff to use, it's pretty thick stuff, so you'll have to warm it up a bit before you sculpt. As it is so thick however, it won't end up collapsing under the heat of studio lighting, perfect if you're going to be at it for a couple of hours.

As for the wallace and gromit model kit, (I presume you mean the plasticine one as there are some airfix kits too) I believe that some Hobbycraft stores may still have some on the shelves. Because not many places have these anymore, it might be that the price on the kit will have been reduced.

Fanboi Posted: Jun 27th 2008

Im not really sure about this but is newplast plasticene?

Someone please reply

conty Posted: Jul 2nd 2008

yes newplast plastercine, it comes in large blocks aprox £1.99 if you get it from the shops;)

rockin gromit Posted: Jul 28th 2008

were are armatures n newplast plasterscene sold

jills Posted: Sep 12th 2008

Is that kit still due to come out, Katie?

Anim8tor Posted: Sep 19th 2008

you can order newplast off the internet
and I just make my own wire armatures
0:)

Hootmat Posted: Oct 3rd 2008

I buy Newplast from a great shop in London, Try to get a good selection, then use proffesional armature wire with masking/cloth tape wrapped round it as an armature.

Oakes Posted: Oct 6th 2008

how did u get ur post to be a sun post? do they turn to sun posts after a certasin amount of posts of somin?

lmlm6819 Posted: Oct 22nd 2008

there is a great site called 'alec tiranti tools' that suplies my uni modeling stuff, i have also bought stuff frm them too. they sell the newplast plasticine, so if u dnt have a shop near u try the site. they have loads of other modeling things too, so take a look.

http://www.tiranti.co.uk/

laura
x

entish Posted: Nov 9th 2008

Not very proffessional, but good enough, I use play-clay. Don't mistake it for play do, it's proper plasticine with an annoying name

BJWanlund Posted: Nov 25th 2008

Is there a link for us dirty Yanks to buy a W&G modeling kit? :D

BJ

joshcal Posted: Dec 28th 2008

PLAY.COM!!!!! you can still get the w and g modeling kit there :) just type wallace and gromit into the search thing and scroll down n itl b there
hope it helps :D
josh

crackingtoast Posted: Jan 2nd 2009

i use newplast. it's a bit hard at first but it's very firm and smells nice:Dwhich is always a good thing!

vamstarz Posted: Jan 3rd 2009

I use Newplast too. I find that some colours are softer than others, not sure if it is to do with teh pigment. Anyway, I find it great stuff =D

I use it all the time in my claymations it is not too soft and has a good level of malleability! ;)

TakumiKT Posted: Jan 8th 2009

newplast is only cheap? i thought it was all expensive

jordie Posted: Jan 13th 2009

What site can we buy this ne modelling kit off plz?

thetopbun Posted: Jan 13th 2009

You can buy Newplast off Tiranti.com it is a deliver to door service everywher U.S. (Will take a while) or U.K. Normal

Gromits little bro Posted: Feb 12th 2009

amazon

Clay Fighter Posted: May 30th 2009

IF the kit comes 2 australia I WILL SEARCH LIMB 4 LIMB 2 get 1!!

sheeplover321 Posted: Jun 11th 2009

gameshow bip bip is my next claymation! hoorah for me

00Failure Posted: Jun 24th 2009

i buy newplast in bulk from my local first school, it great stuff and cheaper than thoes thin strip thingies can buy from pound shops.
i started out with that wallace and gromit modelling kit and with practice began to make my own...

Cameronl Posted: Jun 24th 2009

00Failure great model!;)

readers3 Posted: Jul 5th 2009

00failure where did you get the kit

Benny 123 Posted: Jul 11th 2009

00falture are you putting that on creations

liammustapha200 Posted: Jul 26th 2009

how good

shaun the lamb Posted: Sep 15th 2009

I use flair Plasticine, it's a UK brand but sold world wide.

shaun the lamb Posted: Sep 15th 2009

I reasearched and found the best brands to buy are:
Newplast
Flair

Hmmm, Only two. :-|

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.