Warning: PDOStatement::execute(): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1449 The user specified as a definer ('aardman'@'%') does not exist in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Forum/Message/Message.php on line 300 Wallace & Gromit - Forum - Latest News - Animated Adventures Exhibit Moves to Leicester

Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » ANIMATED ADVENTURES EXHIBIT MOVES TO LEICESTER

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 35 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 35.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 4th 2008

Animated Adventures - Leicester New Walk Museum 7th June -12th October

Animated Adventures, a travelling exhibition featuring original sets and models from the hugely-successful Wallace and Gromit films, is opening at the New Walk Museum and Art Gallery in Leicester this Saturday.

Visitors will get a behind-the-scenes look at how animators including Aardman - the film makers behind Wallace and Gromit - create their characters and bring them to life.
They will also reveal the industry secrets behind CGI technology, stop-frame animation and set design. The exhibition will also include examples of Manga and fantasy animations, and will even give visitors the chance to try creating their own crazy animations.

The Animation Film Festival runs from June to September as part of the programme, and will include a range of workshops, talks, activities and screenings of animated films from across the world.

For more information on directions and opening times, visit: http://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council--services/lc/leicester-city-museums/museums/nwm--art-gallery

666joshy666 Posted: Jun 4th 2008

How much is the entrance fee?

joe456 Posted: Jun 4th 2008

will it come to the south west?

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jun 4th 2008

Yippy its true thanks katie i am going in the summer holidays. do you have to pay to go in and can you buy anything there

Joel the pole Posted: Jun 5th 2008

will it come to london?

amberlee123 Posted: Jun 5th 2008

So what exactly is this place?

Anders C Posted: Jun 5th 2008

kieran Posted: Jun 10th 2008

im going cant wait.

in away this is a Wallace and gromit year

1. Wallace and gromit exhibition
2. the new short film comes out
3. and posably more merchandise

purnachandra Posted: Jun 11th 2008

hey Can this happen in India..?
all these days I was in UK and now back home and really really gona miss this Exhibition in Leicester!!

And ppl out thr in London, now do u think Leicester is far than India..?
plz go and do not miss it

Veena Narasasetty

jenni_pitt Posted: Jun 11th 2008

HI, we took my kids to see this when it was in Sheffield two years ago. They really enjoyed it. There were films on how animators drew the characters which kept my daughter quiet for ages. I also liked the videos showing how they made all the hundreds of rabbits, making each one different. This will be excellent if it is free (we had to pay to go into Magna but there was lots more to see as well). Will certainly be going again as my son is now two years older and will get more out of it.:-(|)

Gromit27 Posted: Jun 11th 2008
:D

hi i wwent last year as well it was great! im going this year to i love it its greeeeeeeeeaaaaaattt!!!!:D

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jun 12th 2008

yippy free i am still taking money i cant wait till i go

Harry Posted: Jun 17th 2008

Modelmaker, do take some money, I went and it cost me £2.50 to get in and there was also a shop. It had books, fleeced, and some others, I didnt get any as I didnt know there was a shop.

kieran Posted: Jun 19th 2008

i wonder if they will have any special Wallace and gromit merchandise.

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jun 20th 2008

errrm tht would be so cool if you could by models and that kind of stuff.

wandgfan21 Posted: Jun 23rd 2008

where will the next one be?any where near essex?

wandgfan21 Posted: Jul 12th 2008

where does it go next?

wandgfan21 Posted: Jul 20th 2008

hello?

Josephine Posted: Jul 20th 2008

Please, please, please consider Manchester/Stockport/Wigan/Bolton/Preston... for the W&G expo.

And Essex!

Sithee!

Sock Eye Salmon

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jul 21st 2008

Hi wandgfan they dont know until they finish this one. It is far from where i live but i am going :D Cant wait

wandgfan21 Posted: Jul 21st 2008

i supose i could travel there so i may be able to go.

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 31st 2008

wandgfan21 - it's going to Kilmarnock next:

The Palace, Kilmarnock - 24 October 2008 - 25 January 2009

I haven't heard where is on the list after that, I'll try and find out for you all.

clone3 Posted: Aug 16th 2008

When is it coming to north yorkshrie again?
clone3:)

still dizzy Posted: Sep 28th 2008

any chance the exhibiton will be heading to staffordshire or even better stoke-on-trent,as the tour keeps going pass us.dizzy.

Aardman Rules Posted: Sep 29th 2008

Will it ever be scotland at all

Nathan M Posted: Sep 30th 2008

LEICESTER ROCKS:D

Oakes Posted: Oct 6th 2008

THIS IS SO UNFAIR!!! i wanted to go there for my birthday treat one day after my birthday.... but my birthday is on the 12th :( im sad :(

Oakes Posted: Oct 6th 2008

also why does it never go to norfolk? if it was in norfolk i would go but leicester is too far unless its a special occasion

Cameronl Posted: Oct 28th 2008

SO HAS IT STARTED IN KILMARNOCK NOW

Oakes Posted: Nov 4th 2008

wheres kilmarnock? is it somewhere in scotland?

Cameronl Posted: Nov 4th 2008
0:)

YEAH SO:-(|)UTH WEST SCOTLAND NEAR DUMFRIES WERE I LIVE NOW.I USED TO LIVE IN BRISTOL NEXT TO ONE OF THE AARDMAN STUDIOS.8)

Cameronl23 Posted: Nov 29th 2008

i went to see the wallace and gromit exibition in kilmarnock today it was pretty good i enjoyed it not very much there though:D

Cameronl23 Posted: Nov 29th 2008

sorry tht sounds like i dont like it it was incredible but there was not much there:O

Cameronl Posted: Jan 9th 2009

Cameronl Posted: Jan 10th 2009

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.