Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » 'WRONG ROCK STARS' LINE UP FOR WRONG TROUSERS DAY

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 8 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 8.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 25th 2008

Andy Abraham, Galileo & Scaramouche, MP band, beatboxing champ and top MC don rocking wrong trousers!

wrongrockers.jpg

A colourful collaboration of rocking wrong-trousered musicians, including...

X Factor and Eurovision entrant Andy Abraham
European Beatbox Champion Beardyman
We Will Rock You's Galileo and Scaramouche
Top freestyle MC Klumzy Tung and
The world's only Parliamentary rock group, MP4

...will pose with Wallace & Gromit to promote Wrong Trousers Rocks, the first music-themed Wrong Trousers Day, this Friday.

Wallace & Gromit's Children's Foundation hope the treble Academy Award winning pair will encourage a record million people to register online for Friday's Wrong Trousers Day - when we are asked to pay £1 for the right to wear 'wrong' trousers into work or school - and raise money for sick and terminally ill children in hospitals and hospices across the UK.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu recently posed with a tutu-wearing Wallace & Gromit for their charitable campaign, and now its the musicians' turn to add their weight behind the million wrong trouser target. On Monday, in the suitable surroundings of We Will Rock You, the stars, each donning rocking wrong trousers, will pose in Freddie Mercury style and speak - or rap - about their support for Wrong Trousers Day, the money from which will fund art, music and play therapy, family accommodation, sensory facilities, and equipment and respite care for children with life-limiting illnesses.

The campaign kicked off last month with a national trouser tour, in which Wallace & Gromit handed over a total of £100,000 to eleven children's hospitals and hospices, stretching from London to Glasgow. Nicola Masters, Director of Wallace & Gromit's Children's Foundation, says 'Wrong Trousers Rocks on Friday is a day for us all to have some wrong fun. Register and rock the world of sick and terminally children across the UK.'

Members of the public can register for Wrong trousers Day on on http://www.wrongtrousersday.org. Last year, a record 400,000 people registered, with Tony Blair, Baddiel & Skinner, and Sophie Anderton among the celebrity supporters.

For more information, to donate or take part visit the Wrong Trousers Day website!

wtd_button.jpg

jordan Posted: Jun 25th 2008

cool do you know if there doing tshirts and bages this year katie?

bronny8425 Posted: Jun 26th 2008

dats sooo cool i want 2 do dat

Josephine Posted: Jun 26th 2008

How about this? ARCHBISHOP DESMOND TUTU!!!!!

That's why is wearing a ballet tutu!

Sock Eye Salmon

PS: I must owe the charity a lot of money...because I wear the wrong trousers every day!!! |-)

jordan Posted: Jun 27th 2008

hehe wallace in a Tutu ,

wandgfan21 Posted: Jun 27th 2008

how did you gat that banner at the bottom of your post katie?

abbey97 Posted: Jun 29th 2008

i love wallace and gromit
how would the world live with out them

dont forget all the other loverbull characters

I LOVE WALLACE AND GROMIT

conty Posted: Jun 30th 2008

any news yet katie on how much was raised? im hoping loads its a great charity:)

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.