Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » ARE YOU A MUSICIAN?

Oldest
Previous
1 23
There are 116 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
Chocachoc Posted: Jul 24th 2008

Some people say that musical people are more likely to be creative people.

Does anyone here play a musical instrument?

Nofby Posted: Jul 24th 2008

Yes, I play a brass instrument, B flat trumpet in my local jazz orchastra. Last sunday we had a gig at the mayor's house for the 4th time. Once every year.

Though I don't agree on the assumption that musical people are more likely to be creative.

chesee Posted: Jul 24th 2008

i play the piano have been for 4 years

Ursrut Posted: Jul 24th 2008

i play the piano but don't have a level.
I don't know if it is true though.

conty Posted: Jul 24th 2008

ive been told that it does normally follow the arts and music. when i was at aardmans we had that conversation and like me the ones that i spoke to also played the drums and the guitar the same as me, in one of my lunch breaks i picked up one of the guys guitars and had a play. it was really cool that we shared other interests apart from just modelmaking:)

Chocachoc Posted: Jul 24th 2008

Wow! Are you in a band?

I play the piano grade 4 and bassoon grade 4. I go to a course every term holiday (easter winter summer) that lasts four days. Ive just finished my summer course on Tuesday. How was your course Conty?

conty Posted: Jul 25th 2008

fantastic!!! the band im in is called oxymoron. i play rythem guitar, ive done a journal on my deviantart account

how did your music course go?

animation boy Posted: Jul 25th 2008

i play diatonic harmonica =) in a band. I can also play alto saxophone, and guitar grade 6.

Chocachoc Posted: Jul 25th 2008

My music course went fine thanks. The course I go to is a wind band and I played my bassoon. Its called 'Third Band'.

http://www.fbym.org.uk/ensembles/third-band/

What did you do on your course?

Wow animation boy! I have a diatonic harmonica in my house but i cant play it :D.

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 25th 2008

I think it's definitely more likely that artistic people also play instruments - I suppose if you're an arty person you like to have as many creative outlets as possible. It's amazing to hear the range of instruments you guys play! I'm learning guitar, but its going very slowly for an oldie like me! :D

So does that mean that creative people want to do better and better in all sorts of things?

cavor Posted: Jul 25th 2008

I play an Alto & Tenor Saxophone and have joined a Saxophone ensemble this year at a localish music college (http://www.humsa.org.uk/)as I heard they needed a Tenor player, I've also been taking singing lessons!! all good fun stuff.

Oldie Katie!! I can't imagine you as an oldie, I class my self as a bit of an oldie so to speak, but we have an old boy playing Baritone Sax in our group and he's 87yrs!!

On this website we are all one age (young at heart):D

hi cavor how are you? havent seen you around for a while. singing eh? you kept that one quiet;), i had singing lessons and i really enjoyed it, your right it was good fun!!!

katie your not an oldie:O but i hope you keep at it, i find it relaxing:)

Ursrut Posted: Jul 25th 2008

what stopped you having singing lessons?

my voice was breaking!!!>:-) not a great sound!!!

oh is that why the window was broken in music...
Only joking.
well at least it doesn't stop you from playing the guitar.

my voice is ok now, or at least untill i get those braces as squigly has just reminded me

My friend has braces it does restrain her a little but she still sing pretty well.

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jul 25th 2008

hi i play Lead guitar (Electric) and the drums i have been playing the guitar for about 5 years now and i have been playing drums for about 1 year

Modelmaker93 Posted: Jul 25th 2008

oh yeah i have a band called Resurrection

My friend plays the trombone and she just got braces and she needs to put wax on them before she can play because it would hurt her mouth so much. It stopped her from doing her grade 5 :(.

animation boy Posted: Jul 25th 2008

an 87 year old playing baritone. He must have some strong lungs!!

lol

jghadley Posted: Jul 26th 2008

I am a pianist and I currently attend Chetham's School of Music in Manchester

mud Posted: Jul 26th 2008

i play the radio dose that work

Fish Posted: Jul 27th 2008

I played bassoon too, Chocachoc! I also played flute and piano. I've also sung in choirs and in a madrigal group. I'm not terribly good at it, but I enjoy music very much!

Mark the shark Posted: Jul 27th 2008

I play Guitar. My bro plays guitar and saxophone and my sister plays piano and flute. We're quite an artistic and musical family. ;)

Ursrut Posted: Jul 27th 2008

I think i'm about the only one to play an instrument in my family really. My sister has a guitar and a violin that she used to play and hasn't touched it for years.

Chocachoc Posted: Jul 27th 2008

Wow, there are loads of musicians!

Wow fish! Another bassoonist! What grade are/were you?

purple and brown Posted: Jul 29th 2008

i play guitar and drums:D

cavor Posted: Jul 30th 2008

Hi all
Sorry to hear you broke your voice conty, but glad to hear you got it mended, Yes animation boy our 87year old Baritone player has got good lungs for his age but he does sit down to play his instrument, I don't blame him as I find my Tenor Sax heavy enough and thats much lighter than his Sax :D

Fish Posted: Jul 30th 2008

Chocachoc, I played bassoon in high school and college. I have the distinction of being one of the few people on the planet to participate in a marching band whilst tooting away on a bassoon!:D We were short on trombones and tubas that year...it was the bandmaster's idea. Happily he moved me to piccolo when we marched the following year!

Animator Posted: Jul 31st 2008

I play the keyboard and i am on grade 3:D

animation boy Posted: Jul 31st 2008

you play tenor? great sounding instrument. Out of sax's i prefer the tenor or soprano. The tenor for nice jazzy deep riffs, and soprano for high pitched solos.

animation boy Posted: Jul 31st 2008

if anyones interested in blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjPezeHN9Hc

Chocachoc Posted: Aug 4th 2008

Wow, there are loads of musicians on this website!

Ursrut Posted: Aug 4th 2008

here is a good site to get some free rifs for you instruments if you like

8notes.com

thespazicat Posted: Aug 4th 2008

my instument is the trusty thing everyone uses, my computer for remixing, cutting ormake up my own songs. and the drums. i am bad at both. i suck.

luke Posted: Aug 7th 2008

I've played electric guitar for four years, classical for two (grade 4), acoustic for three, mandolin for a week. I'm in a classical guitar quartet and a band.

Chocachoc Posted: Aug 7th 2008

wow, you like the string family then :D. im not alloud to play more than two, but if i was alloud to play another i would play the trombone.

plasjas Posted: Sep 5th 2008

i play b flat trumpet grade 6. I write songs got to the semi-finals in the uk songwriting contest

crackingcheese Posted: Sep 5th 2008

i play the piano

cool

jills Posted: Sep 5th 2008

I started on the piano then moved up to the mantel :D

666joshy666 Posted: Sep 5th 2008

Piano for 4 years!:D

DancingShauny99 Posted: Sep 5th 2008

Unfortunately,Im not,I would love to be a singer,but Im too young at the moment,It is my dream to have a good life.

do you do grades or anything 666joshy666

Chocachoc Posted: Sep 8th 2008

hehe lots of pianos :P

xIzzyx Posted: Sep 9th 2008

i play guitar and i used to play recorder..i play a bit of keybourd to...

plasjas Posted: Sep 18th 2008

anyone else

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.