WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » ARE THERE ANY STOP MOTION ANIMATORS I CAN INTERVIEW?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 19 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 19.
Luuuke Posted: Nov 1st 2007

I'm a student at the Art Institute in Minneapolis, MN and I wanted to know if anyone knew how I could possibly contact an animator who has worked with stop motion. I've looked at a number of Aardman sites for key animators but had no luck thus far. So if I could get some feedback with this I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Mcbennybob Posted: Nov 3rd 2007

Where abouts is Minneapolis?

animation boy Posted: Nov 3rd 2007

look out on the official aardman website. They may offer a work experience of something.

AyUp_Marc Posted: Nov 4th 2007

you could interview me;)

Luuuke Posted: Nov 5th 2007

its in minnesota, i can conduct it over an email, i just need someone whos worked in the business. ive checked all of the aardman related sites but so far i have not come across anyone i could get ahold of to interview.. =[

connor gorman Posted: Nov 8th 2007

Im A Stop Motion Animator

Luuuke Posted: Nov 8th 2007

what have you worked on?

cavor Posted: Nov 8th 2007

Hi lukke
If you are looking for a key animator to interview, have a look at http://www.stopmotionanimation.com/ you will find quite a few in the forum. Infact Anthony Scott who started the site (back in 1999) has worked on numerous stop motion projects within the industry.
If you only wanted to interview someone from Aardmans, there is one person that was an assistant Animator on W & G the curse of the were-rabbit that contributes quite a lot,
I believe there has been others.
Good luck hope this helps

Luuuke Posted: Nov 8th 2007

yea it helps a lot
thanks so much, cavor

Ize Posted: Nov 9th 2007
:D>:-)8)

you can interview me

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 11th 2008

Me! Me!:D

Prof Chip Posted: Jan 12th 2008

Me if it's OK.

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 12th 2008

Yeah, interview us all!;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 12th 2008

You could also Goggle the following studios:

Those very clever stop-motion animators, Cosgrove Hall - for their years of experience in developing the art of stop-motion.

There is also Cartoon Saloon in County Kilkenny, Ireland, who also do stop-motion.

It would also be great if you took the forum members up on their kind offer, if I were you. Animators began their love of film making like the forum members. Nick Park was no different - and, hey! Who knows? You could be interviewing future Oscar winners!

But keep trying Aardman! GOOD LUCK!!!

jordan Posted: Jan 13th 2008

cosgrove hall im sorry but i find them so non interesting...

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 13th 2008

Interview me! Me me!:)

Josephine Posted: Jan 15th 2008

No probs, jordan! We all can't agree on everything (except W&G). Life would be a yawn otherwise...

I suppose my mentioning Cosgrove Hall is because I support local independent film makers who can do just as good stuff with the big guys...

Aardman has the edge - no doubt about it - but at least Luuuke can put some variety into his college project...to show initiative etc. We are all here to help, aren't we?

PS: Cartoon Saloon make Skunk Fu!

Josephine Posted: Jan 15th 2008

Mark the Shark - you'd be great for an interview! ;)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 16th 2008

Thanks, Josephine!;)You too!:D

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.