Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » A GRAND NIGHT OUT AT BRISTOL ZOO!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 31 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 31.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Aug 29th 2007

Saturday, September 15th 6:00 - 9:30pm

For one night only Bristol Zoo is hosting and evening of animated exclusives and previews, plus a full-length Wallace and Gromit adventure. So, grab yourself a burger at the BBQ or pick up some popcorn and relax in front the Zoo’s giant outdoor cinema screen.

And that’s not all – you can participate in an Aardman modelling masterclass, have your photo taken in Shaun the Sheep's Land Rover, knit a picnic and stuff yourself full of cheese, all in the surroundings of Bristol Zoo's award-winning grounds.

Line-Up
6.00pm - Gates Open
7.30pm - Shaun the sheep 'Save the Tree and Creature Comforts USA highlights (unseen in UK)
7.40pm - Intermission and model competition prize.
8.00pm - Wallace and Gromit 'Curse of the Were-Rabbit' and The Pearce Sisters (Premiere of this award-winning new short film)

The evening starts off with Shaun the Sheep turning into an eco-warrior as he tries to save the trees in a new adventure, followed by highlights of the highly-acclaimed US version of Creature Comforts.

For the grand finale join our heroes Wallace and Gromit as they attempt to track down a giant carrot-eating menace in the world's first vegetarian horror movie, Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

For the grown-up kids amongst you, there is also the UK premiere of Aardman's new award-winning short film, The Pearce Sisters. This darkly amusing short film sets the scene of two spinster sisters in a tale of love, loneliness, nudity and cups of tea, and has already collected a host of international awards.

Meet Wallace and Gromit and try out your modelling skills!
Wallace and Gromit will be attending the event - come along to meet them and then have a go at modelling them in clay at the Aardman Animation's modelling master class. Plasticine will be provided, just bring your imagination! Aardman's modellers will pass on hints and tips and there will be superb prizes on the night for the funniest and most original models.

Join the Great British PicKnit
Feeling Peckish? Bring a picnic, or knit your own! Bristol Zoo are supporting Shaun the Sheep's Great British PicKnit. Bring your needles and yarn and join the effort to knit a life-sized picnic to raise money for Wallace and Gromit's Children's Foundation. Just don't get your scotch eggs mixed up!

Tickets
Tickets will be on sale from Friday, 31st of August and can be bought from Bristol Zoo’s booking line on 0117 974 7307

You can find more information about Bristol Zoo at: http://www.bristolzoo.org.uk/visiting/events/evening/agrandnightoutwithwallaceandgromit

Seb Moderator Posted: Aug 29th 2007

Yes! I live so close! I'll certainly be there, I'm buying my ticket Friday morning!

jordan Posted: Aug 29th 2007

something i cant go too but , i ve all the craeture comforts usa clips :) and the pearce sisters film on teh net which is excellent!

kieran Posted: Aug 30th 2007

i would like to go but it is to far to travel

Seb Moderator Posted: Sep 1st 2007

I've got my ticket so I'll be there.

anti-pesto Posted: Sep 1st 2007

too far id lv 2 go though

Modelmaker93 Posted: Sep 1st 2007

It sounds Pretty cool hope I can go. If so see you there

Modelmaker93 Posted: Sep 1st 2007

yes i might be going so so cool.:D

jordan Posted: Sep 2nd 2007

have fun people

shaunisgr8 Posted: Sep 2nd 2007

I wish I wouldn't have to cross the sea to get there. Otherwise I'd really like to go.
So have fun you lucky ones!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Sep 3rd 2007

I wish I could go too but I'm on holiday

Modelmaker93 Posted: Sep 3rd 2007

hah i cant go now its we are doing somet on that night my mum and dad say they will take me to a wallace and gromit exhibition if one comes near sheffield or rotherham:'(

conty Posted: Sep 3rd 2007

im gonna b there ,cant wait!!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Sep 4th 2007

It's great to hear that some forum members are going, I hope you have a fantastic time!

Unfortunately I can't make it, but I'd love to hear your views when you get back!

Petedude72 Posted: Sep 4th 2007

I went to Bristol Zoo a few years ago, and my auntie and uncle live near there, but we're down in Plymouth so it'd be quite hard to get there in time! Have fun!

Seb Moderator Posted: Sep 5th 2007

I'm going to make a special podcast episode about it on my Wallace and Gromit's Cracking Podcast, so you can catch up on it there.

Petedude72 Posted: Sep 5th 2007

Dya think you could chat to me on it as I'm going? :)

Seb Moderator Posted: Sep 5th 2007

Yep! Anyone can chat, I'm sorting out recording stuff and people just need to come up to me!

freddiefoster Posted: Sep 6th 2007

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Preston-to-get-Wallace-and.3176869.jp

Anyone seen this? Looks great - in my home town too!:)

Cheers!

Freddie

Jenny Posted: Sep 6th 2007

I thought it might be covered in gold or something??:-(

James Posted: Sep 16th 2007

Was it Good

Chedarette Posted: Sep 17th 2007

Hello have a good time for those people that are going, you lucky devils! I really wish I could go it sounds great.................BUT I live too far away!

Chedarette Posted: Sep 17th 2007

Hello freddiefoster I visited your website and i think that your so luck to be able to have a statue of wallace and gromit in your home town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xizzmatt Posted: Sep 22nd 2007

i'll try but dont know for sure('')

Joe Posted: Sep 23rd 2007

i went with my mum and dad it was relly good i had my photo taken with wallace and gromit

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 19th 2008

This is a bit old now!;)

purple and brown Posted: Jan 22nd 2008

i won the model comotition

conty Posted: Jan 26th 2008

what model did you make?

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 30th 2008

Cool, you mean THIS competion?;)

purple and brown Posted: Jan 31st 2008

the bristol zoo comp

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 6th 2008

This is quite old now!;)

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.