Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » HARVEY NICHOLS PUTS WALLACE AND GROMIT IN THE “RIGHT TROUSERS”

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 59 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Aug 24th 2008

They’ve traveled to the moon, foiled a dastardly penguin in a diamond heist, solved a sheep rustling caper, relieved an English village from a plague of rabbits and attended the Oscars four times. But up until now, unlike most other international film stars, they had never shopped at Harvey Nichols. All is about to change for our much loved heroes.

HN_wide.jpg
Harvey Nichols has revamped the wardrobe of Britain’s favorite inventor and sidekick, Wallace has forgone his beloved green tank top for a Dolce & Gabbana fitted shirt and an Alexander McQueen cashmere jacket, the transformation is spectacular, so much so that Harvey Nichols will adopt Wallace, Gromit and Lady Tottington to spearhead their prestigious campaign for the opening of the new Bristol store. Gromit certainly needs those Raybans!

HN_double.jpg
Nick Park Creator and Director of Wallace and Gromit “I'm really impressed, it's great to see Wallace looking so chic and stylish. Wallace isn’t exactly known for his street-wise fashion sense he usually shops at Tank-Top Man. He’s really chuffed with his new look, I think he wants to keep the clothes – he can’t stop looking in the mirror.”

For more information and the 'making of' video visit The Mail Online

jordan Posted: Aug 24th 2008

oh how fantastic are they there so cool! I LOVE IT!! wallace wearing top fashion street clothes actullay suits him for some odd reason as does gromit and totty!

cant get the video to work though :'(

who thinks wallace looks a tiny bit "manly-pampered" if you know what i mean lol ;)

kieran Posted: Aug 24th 2008

im always bored when i go shopping but if i go there i might be there some time lol.

brilliant work and very stylish.

i hope we can have online copys of the other advertisments that the article mentions pleaseeeeeeee!!

and i bet they cost/ are worth a heck of alot more than standard W&G puppets!!!

kieran Posted: Aug 24th 2008

i think they should bring out a Wallace and gromit website of Harvey Nichols clothes shop.

the video is also fantastic , the picture quailty of the video however isnt

Harry Posted: Aug 24th 2008

Hehehe Fantastic. Looks funny. Totty looks like she is enjoying the dark choice of chlothes. And it says Tottingham instead of Tottington.

Fish Posted: Aug 24th 2008

Whoa! That is way WAY COOL!! :D

Josephine Posted: Aug 24th 2008

Whoohooo! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!! They look well suited, skirted and booted, don't they?!?!?!?! :D Please may we have some posters of them in their makeover gear?

Eat your heart out, Trinny and Susanna!!!

I've been to Harvey Nicks in Manchester... like Harrods or Fortnum and Mason, it's the sort of place where I go for for a plastic bag and a browse - tee hee! ;) No, seriously, it's very swish, dahlings! I actually prefer Marks & Spencer but that's me, folks!

squigly Posted: Aug 24th 2008

wow...& are high-steppin' it, aren't they? I must say that looks very handsome in the shot where he's leaning against the wall. And Totty looks very stylish in that black dress - good enough to accompany to the Oscars!

lol...in the video, NP did a Wallace-like thing with his hands when he was saying that he didn't mean cheese in the clothes. (jordan is right...the video quality wasn't good; thought it was my computer...lol)

hey, did anyone notice that NP is quoted above as saying that is chuffed with his new look? I guess our dear friend sock-eye is not the only one who uses that term around here.|-)

mahalia Posted: Aug 25th 2008

The guys look wicked in their new gear !

gromitlove Posted: Aug 25th 2008

Ooh! I like how Wallace looks in his new threads! Can a fashion calendar be far behind? I'd subscribe...;)

gromitlove Posted: Aug 25th 2008

But I do think Lady T has natural style that the fascionistas have obscured. No more black Lady T!

gdog Posted: Aug 26th 2008

I wish I could get these images at a higher resolution. All the other news press sites have them poorly cropped. They'd make for some great wallpaper.

wandgfan21 Posted: Aug 26th 2008

as josephine said a poster realy would be a nice idea to give away at the opening.

wandgfan21 Posted: Aug 26th 2008

hang on acctualy i take that back as i dont live any where near bristol!

funkycheese7000 Posted: Aug 26th 2008

This is so cool! It's really surprising that Wallace actually looks pretty good in designer clothes! I think Lady Totty/Tottington looks OK, but I think she looks better in her veggie-themed clothes - much more individual! Maybe at the photo shoot she asked whether they could put them in Dolce and Gabbana's next collection? :) who knows? Maybe they could feature in the next series of Gok's Fashion Fix! :D Glad to hear Wallace and the others like it too!
Funkychee$e xx

Modelmaker93 Posted: Aug 26th 2008

cooooooooooooool lol never seen themlooking so good:D

Josephine Posted: Aug 26th 2008

What next, eh, dear friends? John Rocha or Christian Dior making stuff out of cheese cloth for our pals? >:-)

Believe it or not, there IS such a thing called cheese cloth - very 1970's!

Groovy, man! :D

Love, peace and beads

Sock Eye Salmon

PS: Were the Almighty Nick P's mintballs suitably chuffed, d'you think?! Faarr Out, man!!!

gromitlove Posted: Aug 27th 2008

Maybe it will flow the other way, and Harvey Nichols will feature a collection of Wallace's clothing-- Anti-Pesto coveralls, his pyjamas, and that very buff and sporty outfit he wore for the Socca-matic (with lorgnette)!

Ursrut Posted: Aug 27th 2008

I was reading the evening post yesterday at the library ( the one reason i can't scan it in now)and i saw wallace and gromit there with a great picture of them.
It was saying that aardman and other things in Bristol is making the place well know. ( something like that, i had to go before i read the whole thing)

conty Posted: Aug 27th 2008

thats excellent!!!! really enjoyed the video, didnt they look smart!!!! hehehe;)

jordan Posted: Aug 27th 2008

hehe i seen a HI-RES video , and ive been asked kindly not aloud to post the link >:-)

Chocachoc Posted: Aug 28th 2008

I really enjoyed the video. Thanks.

Rebel Posted: Aug 28th 2008

Brilliant lad!

whgudwns Posted: Aug 28th 2008

It's a mystery.. It's got to be the model is Wallace and Gromit nolraumman remain.

whgudwns Posted: Aug 29th 2008

Nofby Posted: Aug 30th 2008

"hehe i seen a HI-RES video , and ive been asked kindly not aloud to post the link "

Hey Jordan, why not? Did you go and watch the video on a website and somehow the site maker knew you were on, and asked you to not show it around? I don't see how it was possible for you to be cautioned when there a thousands of internet traffic visiting sites every hour! I'm sure it would do no harm to let us have a look :)

Gromit-Ownz Posted: Aug 30th 2008

this is gr8 for once wallace has some new clothes and gromit looks really cute and sweet with his scarf i just love it

jordan Posted: Aug 30th 2008

i got a email and it said "please dont go posting the link" so i havent cause he said not too

kld loves wallace Posted: Aug 31st 2008

i know it is so good with wallace and gromit in new clothes

odalisque Posted: Sep 2nd 2008

Nice look, but I don't think it will stick. Wallace is liable to muss up his clothes with paint and other detritus from his gadget-making, and just think of all those crumbs and cheese bits! He'll probably get back into his usual garb before long.

Gelert Posted: Sep 6th 2008

cracking

flame saint Posted: Sep 7th 2008

why do the public necer get kited out by harvey niclols ?? lol have a good one wallce

Quigles Posted: Sep 9th 2008

It Great that there using Wallace & Gromit than People

jills Posted: Sep 10th 2008

I don't want to spoil the fun, so I'm only going to whisper this...(I think they'd only wear that if they were going to a funeral...) Sorry!

xIzzyx Posted: Sep 11th 2008

got that right! i never wear black..for some reason i wear a lot of purples, pinks..(and lime greens) is that weird??

jills Posted: Sep 11th 2008

Xlzzyx, just like Wallace wears a lot of green and brown and Gromit likes a bit of colour in his accessories, I think most people have favourite colours for their garb, either they just like it or they think it compliments them.

debbie f Posted: Sep 11th 2008

I love it!:D

Ursrut Posted: Sep 13th 2008

I either wear Black or blue for some reason. And red if i'm wearing a tie.

BlooChicken Posted: Sep 21st 2008

very good. I might check out the store now.:O

plasjas Posted: Sep 24th 2008

snazzy

Ursrut Posted: Sep 26th 2008

I have just finished finding the Metro ( a free newspaper) with both wallace and gromit as well as totty. I will be keeping them safe.

Tempermental Posted: Sep 27th 2008

Pardon my asking but what does "Chuffed" mean? Some kinda Britsh slang or something?

jills Posted: Sep 28th 2008

Very pleased, happy, gratified.

kateW Posted: Oct 2nd 2008

lol

Tempermental Posted: Oct 2nd 2008

Oh,I get it now,Thanks Jills,I'm "Chuffed" to know that. LOL!

walace&grommitfan Posted: Oct 29th 2008

Wormy Posted: Nov 6th 2008

cool

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.