Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

FILM PRODUCTION BLOG » MORE NEWS FROM THE 'LOAF AND DEATH' CREW

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 53 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
Production Staff Aardman Staff Posted: Aug 29th 2008

Hello W&G fans!

Can you believe August has been and gone already? With just over a month left of filming here at Aardman Studios, the team are working extra-hard to make sure we hit our deadlines.

So what's been happening since my last post? Well, we've shot over 20 minutes of the film now so we're well on our way to completion. We're still working on the exciting final scene which is looking great - we've got 5 shooting units dedicated to it at the moment and hope to be finished just in time for our deadline.

I don't know whether you're already aware of this, but to keep the process as efficient as possible we are normally shooting several different scenes at the same time within the studio. So although we're dedicating a lot of our resources to the grand finale, in other shooting units we are still working on earlier scenes. In fact, the opening sequence (which lasts 1 minute 20 and includes some very complex shots) was one of the first scenes we started working on.....and is still being shot!

To make sure the animation is kept consistent across the board we make sure that the same animator works on the scene from start to finish and that the same person oversees their shooting unit for the entire job.

Hope that gives you a good idea of what's been happening this month! We've got 6 weeks left and we have to be done by the 10th of October, so as you can imagine it will be full steam ahead until the finish now. Wish us luck and hope to have some more insights for you again next month!

All the best,

Beeky

mr joe kidd Posted: Aug 29th 2008

thanks becky sounds intresting
when will it be aired on tv and will it be avalibel on dvd
thanks
joe:D

Chocachoc Posted: Aug 29th 2008

yey

Harry Posted: Aug 29th 2008

Great news. I wonder whats going to happen in the open shot then as that sounds like it will be Great animation. I cant wait!

MARLOW NATHAN Posted: Aug 29th 2008

Beeky thanks so much for the update and can u have beeky as ur name plz instead of aardman staff:D

Chocachoc Posted: Aug 29th 2008

its probably already taken.

jordan Posted: Aug 29th 2008

thanks beeky for the update , need more pics and videos!! hehe lol

Gromit-Ownz Posted: Aug 30th 2008

Thats brilliant news im glad to hear that the thing ive waiting for all year will soon b over and thanks for the update.

Michael2008 Posted: Aug 31st 2008

wow 20 mins elapsed!well done! wish aardman luck uve all done very well

jills Posted: Aug 31st 2008

Thanks for all your very hard work & best wishes! Yay!!!!!

velyogendra Posted: Aug 31st 2008
:-(|)

Great news! I'm 53 and some people at work give me a hard time about my love for animation. They can't understand why I go to see these movies and don't take young children with me. But I really love them, that's why!

Josephine Posted: Aug 31st 2008

Thanks for the update, Beeky! All the very best for the final push, guys and gals! We are all praying for you - no rush! I'll be away the same time as the deadline and/or when the final frame is shot. Keep it going!!!!

Way to go!!!

velyogendra - you are amongst greater company than those who give you a hard time at work because of your love for animation. Say it loud, say it proud - you are different!

When I went to see "Chicken Run" in 2000, I was amongst more grown-ups than kids for the matinee and, to boot, there was a businessman behind me finishing a call on his mobile phone before the film started - the sharp-suited look enhanced by a large bucket of popcorn. >:-) I was on my own to watch the film, having taken half a day off work to see it on it first day of release.

You are amongst friends here and we'll support you - won't we, dear friends?!?!?!?!!?

Besides, animation is better than some of the wheely-bin fodder that stuffs our telly screens as an excuse for entertainment nowadays!

Yours
Sock Eye Salmon

Josephine Posted: Aug 31st 2008

Chuffed to mintballs to see you back, Jills! :D

Fish Posted: Aug 31st 2008

There is no age limit on loving the humour and fun of W&G and other "children's films". I much prefer it to most of what passes as entertainment for grownups!

squigly Posted: Sep 1st 2008

& appeals to all ages...even the young ones enjoy it! |-)

waggle Posted: Sep 1st 2008

My first viewing of a W & G movie was "The Wrong Trousers."
I became an instant fan.

The humor was so creative, and the quality of the claymation was excellent as it closely followed the laws of physics and motion. The audio and voices were especially good too.

I love of DOGS of any kind; and because I am into electronics, the sight of Gromit reading a book titled "ELECTRONICS FOR DOGS" was a special treat.

Since then I have seen all the rest of the series and EAGERLY AWAIT this new offering.

Thanks to you all, and especially to Nick for bringing me some of the Waggle-est laughs I have ever had.

ilovehutchaaw Posted: Sep 1st 2008

it sounds cool i can not wait it sounds sooooooooooooo cool. i love wallce and gromit so does my dad we both can not wait good luck! well done for making 20 mins of great films. thankyou to nick and every who has been involved with all the films

llurks Posted: Sep 1st 2008

I'm crackers about W&G! I can't wait for the new movie to come out! Keep on the good work!

jills Posted: Sep 4th 2008

Awww, I say, simply splendid of you to say so, sock-eye!

Funny to think how the films that completely take me away from the hard work of life are worked on so hard by those that make them!

I'm looking forward to all the wandg.com chatter right before the film starts |-)

Waggle, I've got a friend who is the same with dogs and electronics- a combination wired to win!

Josephine Posted: Sep 4th 2008

Welcome, Waggle! I'm also crazy about dogs - you are in great company here!

I hope you like this picture of in your favourite pose.

Sock Eye Salmon

Modelmaker93 Posted: Sep 11th 2008

cool thanks for the news beeky wow the films deadline is the 10th of october my birthday is on the 14th close or what

Hutch747 Posted: Sep 13th 2008

Very Clever How They Make These.
Do You Know When It Will Be Out

Im Also Glad That They've Making A New W+G

I May Have A Sugesstion: You Could Do Sequel To Grand Day Out Etc

Just An Idea

:D

>:-)

Just somet to do =]

isladelsol Posted: Sep 14th 2008

JIPIEEEEEEEE,I CANT WHAIT FOR THE NEW MOVIE OF W&G!!!!
I WANT TO THANK ALL THE WORKERS OF THE ANIMATION OF W&G!!!!
I BECOME A SUPER FAN ON MY 4 YEARS,MY FIRST ONE THAT I SEE WAS THE WRONG TROUSERS AND I LIKE IT VERRY MUCH!!!
I WISH THE MAKERS OF W&G MUCH GOOD LUCK WITH MAKING THE NEW MOVIE AND A LOT OF GREETINGS OF ALL THE W&G FANS OF BELGIUM,CHILE,SPAIN AND GERMANY!!!!

ISLADELSOL

CebuLips9 Posted: Sep 14th 2008

even though im american i still think it should have been kept as trouble at mill

Nathan M Posted: Sep 14th 2008

me too because trouble at mill sounds more traditional

Mark the shark Posted: Sep 14th 2008

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! :D

w&g Posted: Oct 3rd 2008

i cant wait untill the movie comes out ill be the first to but it

2485 Posted: Oct 12th 2008
:-(|):)|-)

Kildy Posted: Oct 12th 2008

this sounds to cool. is it finnished now???????

still dizzy Posted: Oct 12th 2008

Really looking forward to the new film.

annnbanana Posted: Oct 16th 2008

Can' wait for it to come out

appaljacks Posted: Oct 16th 2008

I read on Amazon.com that they are only releasing A Matter of Loaf and Death in the UK...is this true? I've been looking forward to its release all year and it makes me so sad to think I won't be able to watch it.

orpansky Posted: Oct 17th 2008

I can't wait!!!!:D

woofit134 Posted: Dec 13th 2008

it must take a long time to film wallcae and gromit. i cant wait for chirsimas day for loaf and daif

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Dec 20th 2008

Not long now, woofit134!

thetopbun Posted: Dec 21st 2008

Hehe tell Aardman staff Merry Christmas!

rovert Posted: Dec 21st 2008

The best thing by far will be A matter of loaf on christmas day how many will be watching

timmythesheep848 Posted: Dec 23rd 2008

I cant wait for a matter of loaf and death!

thetopbun Posted: Dec 26th 2008

All worth it wasn't it!

supersonic Posted: Dec 29th 2008

Fantastic! Loved it...too death!! Bit upset tho, coz I Sky+ and it failed! Thank God I was in to watch it!

JoxXxJoJoxXxJo Posted: Dec 29th 2008

hi! i watched amatter of loaf and death on Xmas day and it was so cool! i especially love fluffles she is so cute!

TakumiKT Posted: Jan 8th 2009

The best film in the series, ive not watched wallace and grommit properly in about five years but i really enjoyed this. Its gotten me to craft some art as well =)

davi salezze gama Posted: Sep 2nd 2009

wallace & gromit wrong trousers

Vidpal Posted: Sep 8th 2009

was Fluffles long woodchuck like teeth a sign that her owner didn't get her bones to help wear them down to size and keep them pointy?

Seb Moderator Posted: Sep 9th 2009

It could be... But then the appearance of Fluffles was of much importance to Piella, the whole reason she had her, so you would think she would do everything possible to keep her looking sweet - probably forcing her to have too many bones for perfect teeth!

iantimothy Posted: Sep 9th 2009

and that only happens to rodents not dogs

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.