Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » WALKING IN ANIMATION

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 15 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 15.
plasjas Posted: Nov 17th 2007

is there an easier way in animations to make people walk because i can do it it just takes so long

cavor Posted: Nov 18th 2007

You can make replacement legs in different poses but that would take a lot more time to make your models, the true answer is animation isn't easy, but very satisfying when you get it right.

plasjas Posted: Nov 19th 2007

I know how you feel cavor i am working on my ski adventure animation that is going to be about 10 minutes it's not easy but it is satisfying to make and hopefully the finished product will be fairly good

cavor Posted: Nov 19th 2007

60 seconds is long in animation terms!!

plasjas Posted: Nov 20th 2007

your telling me 10 minutes is ages but if i keep working at it in a few months maybe years lol it might be finished

cavor Posted: Nov 22nd 2007

Hi plasjas just had a thought, it would be fun if you could have you own posted thread of a production file of you film you are making, you know the sort of thing an odd sketch, pictures of your models, maybe a behind the scenes picture of the camera in front of your set etc.
Not compulsory

plasjas Posted: Nov 23rd 2007
:)

yeah good idea cavor i will shortly post a picture of the ski slope set for it i think it is quite good but you guys can be the judge

plasjas Posted: Nov 23rd 2007

oh yeah and how do you get the picture of something beside your name

cavor Posted: Nov 24th 2007

How to get your picture by your name (Avatar).

(1)To start with click on your profile(top of page).
(2)Then in your details(middle of page)you have a section called Avatar.
(3)If you have your own picture click on browse find your picture on your PC there you have it(make sure you follow the picture size/type guide lines).

Alternatively if you want a W&G picture first you need to go to the characters section(left of page)to download your picture.

connor-james-gorman Posted: Nov 24th 2007

Plasjas-To Move Quicker In Animation Try Taking Larger Steps With Your Puppet It Will Look Like He Is Running Or Move 2 spaces a time then take a shot You Could Choose Out Of Those 2

plasjas Posted: Nov 24th 2007

Thanks connor and thanks cavor i have my avatar now

Harry Posted: Nov 24th 2007

On Running You Can Just Put The Size Of Frame Down So It Moves Quicker.

Harry

luke Posted: Nov 24th 2007

If you want to make it really stable, you can support your character using fishing wire hung from a rig. It doen't show up on the film

connor-james-gorman Posted: Nov 24th 2007

Thats A Good Idea Harry

Harry Posted: Nov 24th 2007

Thanks

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.