Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » GET KNITTING FOR WALLACE & GROMIT'S GREAT BRITISH TEA PARTY!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 7 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 7.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Sep 26th 2008

Wallace & Gromit’s Children’s Foundation are attempting to set a world record for the biggest ever hand knitted Tea Cosy and they need your help....

To coincide with Wallace & Gromit’s Great British Tea Party taking place on 5th December, they are appealing to knitting fanatics to send off their own personalised strips of knitting to the “I knit London” company who will combine them all to make the world’s biggest tea cosy.

knitting.jpg

How to get involved
All you need to do is create a 6" wide strip of knitting (approx 28 stitches), double knit yarn, and 4mm needles. The length and design is up to you - the longer the better - so let your imagination run wild!

Once you have finished, send your knitting to:
I knit London,
Worlds Biggest Tea Cosy,
106 Lower Marsh,
Waterloo,
London,
SE1 7AB

For more information visit:
http://www.wallaceandgromitfoundation.org/pages/tea_takepart.htm
http://www.iknitlondon.com/

kieran Posted: Sep 26th 2008

cool can you give us some nitting instructions for gromit.

jills Posted: Sep 26th 2008

Aww I wish I could knit. Funny that a couple days ago I was thinking it would be cool if W&G did a massive quilt for charity where everyone designed a square. Tea cosy didn't come to mind but that's brilliant! I wonder if it will be the right size for the world's biggest brown betty :D

Ursrut Posted: Sep 27th 2008

i'll have to ask my mum to teach me again. I was hopeless at it the time before and only managed to like a row and that had so many holes in it. :O

deathsangel1991 Posted: Sep 27th 2008

when's the deadline? and is it an official thing?

jills Posted: Sep 27th 2008

Deathsangel1991 it looks rather official.

crackingcheese Posted: Sep 28th 2008

hehe cant wait to see the result

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.