Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » STOP-MOTION MODEL CLOTHES.

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 10 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 10.
person 1 Posted: Sep 30th 2008

I was just wondering how people make clothes for their characters in stop-motions?

plasjas Posted: Oct 1st 2008

just cloth sewed to make the clothes or plasticine

person 1 Posted: Oct 3rd 2008

how do you sew tiny clothes?:)

Hootmat Posted: Oct 3rd 2008

Very Carefully;)
I tend to make any body parts that I don't need to move out of hardening clay, either coloured or neatly painted. That way you get the nice plastacine effect but it doesn't get all mangled. If I want a jumper, or something with sleeves I try and make the sleeves a different colour, that way there is still the illusion.
Hope this helps!

plasjas Posted: Oct 3rd 2008

yeah you could do that and also when you make long sleeves which are easier and look better remember a cuff...it looks good and more realistic.

person 1 Posted: Oct 3rd 2008

what type of hardening clay would be good for making clothes?

plasjas Posted: Oct 4th 2008

eerm i just use das which isn't that good so i wouldn't advise it...sorry i don't know

person 1 Posted: Oct 6th 2008

sure, but how do you make shoes?;)

plasjas Posted: Oct 7th 2008

well it is best to use plasticine as it will move better with the armature especilly if you are using a ball socket armature, as they have jointed feet

Hootmat Posted: Oct 7th 2008

I personally use Newclay, by the same people who do Newplast. I do not recconmend using it if you want any kind of movement though.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.