Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

FILM PRODUCTION BLOG » WOW! JUST GOT BACK FROM SEEING A MATTER OF LOAF AND DEATH!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 25 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 25.
MakTheYak Posted: Nov 15th 2008

So I went to the premiere of A Matter Of Loaf And Death this morning in Bristol... it was fantastic! I was lucky enough to win my tickets in the competition that was in the newsletter, about a year ago.

It was another top quality Aardman production which I guarantee will not disappoint. The laughs were piled high and there are so many hidden jokes and puns in the meticulously detailed sets and props. I know I'm going to be watching this again and again and seeing things each time that I had missed before.

And as a bonus treat I hung around afterward and was fortunate enough to meet the one and only Nick Park who is a lovely chap and kindly signed my Wallace and Gromit DVD (I took it along... just in case!).

I hope everyone will tune in on Christmas Day to see this wonderful film!

iantimothy Posted: Nov 15th 2008

was the premier i today? i thought it was on the 27

MakTheYak Posted: Nov 15th 2008

Well I was (I think reliably) informed that this was the first time it has been shown. I think the one on the 27th is the first _public_ screening.

iantimothy Posted: Nov 15th 2008

oh, well thats really cool, don't give any details though

MakTheYak Posted: Nov 16th 2008

Don't worry, wasn't gonna - I don't want to ruin it for anyone!

jordan Posted: Nov 16th 2008

does the running time feel really short after seeing were-rabbit ?? , like it was over too quickly or does the story fit in nicely in the 30+ mins lengh? , was there any models on display?

iantimothy Posted: Nov 16th 2008

that autograph is really cool, did nick draw that gromit?

MakTheYak Posted: Nov 16th 2008

The story fitted just nicely into 30 minutes. It didn't feel rushed or like it was over too quickly. Just perfect! Obviously not being a feature length film like Were-Rabbit it had a kind of different feel to it, although having had 3 short films prior to this it's not exactly unfamiliar ;)

As for the autograph and sketch - yep! It was all Nick's work.

cool chris Posted: Nov 17th 2008

was it U?

prickly_hedgehog Posted: Nov 17th 2008

thanks for not sharing any detailed details on the plot;i would think that most people, as for myself, would like the movie to be a surprise and appreciate your descretion! thanks again! :)

gromitt101 Posted: Nov 18th 2008

1.does it have any blood in it because it is a murder mystery.
2.also would it be rated u or pg

cool chris Posted: Nov 21st 2008

it a u on amazon it said

MakTheYak Posted: Nov 21st 2008

Good questions!

1. No blood (that I remember). C'mon this is Wallace and Gromit we're talking about ;)
2. I'd say probably U. Anything that might normally get a PG rating is not seen, just implied. Good clean family fun!

Mark the shark Posted: Nov 25th 2008

Awesome! I tried to get into that competition. you are so lucky man! I can't wait to see it! Thanks for telling us, mate. ;)

SavedbyBishop Posted: Nov 25th 2008

Do Wallace and Gromit ever hug in the movie or save each others lives? no spoilers to it because i just want to know.

cool chris Posted: Nov 27th 2008

im going tonight!

cool chris Posted: Nov 28th 2008

good wasnt it

Squish Posted: Dec 7th 2008

When will people in the U.S get to see it?

Oh yea, does make a cameo in it?

cool chris Posted: Dec 8th 2008

yes in a zoo.but someone ellse spoted it

Audrey2 Posted: Dec 10th 2008

I just saw it (in Australia) on ABC2.
I didn't know it was on then, but one of my younger siblings
saw an add and told me. The date was the 4th of december.
And OMG it is good!
It was really great!
I hope to see it again soon, personally I thought it was a bit short, trying to have too much in too little time.
But that didn't really detract from the fiml in the end.
I loved every second!

walace&grommitfan Posted: Dec 10th 2008

OHHHHH!!! what about americans? lol were dying to see it!

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 22nd 2008

It's brill! I saw it cause my Australian cousins posted me a vid of it (they taped it off the TV) ;)

timmythesheep848 Posted: Dec 23rd 2008

cool your lucky:D

wgrock1015 Posted: Dec 23rd 2008

um hasnt come out yet how did you watch it???
well hasnt came out in the united states !!

thetopbun Posted: Dec 28th 2008

Wow you saw him and got it signed! Lucky!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.