Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

YOUR REVIEWS » DIFFERENT AUDIO IN THE WRONG TROUSERS

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 12 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 12.
Tim Wiffen Posted: Nov 17th 2008

Hi, have any other W&G fans noticed that in the latest releases of The Wrong Trousers when Gromit opens his card it plays 'for he's a jolly goof fellow, when (i swear to god) it used to play the happy birthday song. please reply.

SavedbyBishop Posted: Nov 17th 2008

I mostly noticed it in the wrong trousers DVD

iantimothy Posted: Nov 17th 2008

i thougt it always played for hes a jolly good fellow

SavedbyBishop Posted: Nov 18th 2008

It sings a differnt song in the VHS

Michael2008 Posted: Nov 18th 2008

yes this was changed for copyright reasons. did u like the change? to be honest i like the orgianal version better but wallace and gromit is still wallace and gromit so i like both

SavedbyBishop Posted: Nov 18th 2008

Yeah I mostly like the original as well

iantimothy Posted: Nov 18th 2008

i have never seen the one with the happy birthday song

holtonr Posted: Nov 21st 2008

The original of anything is worth more. If it has changed then it is like a remix. Sometimes it works and other times...
Make your own mind up, but to me it alters the memories of when I first saw it. Memories changed to much could lose W & G fans. Bad. Does that mean, because of copy write laws, we can't even sing the Happy Birthday song?

Tim Wiffen Posted: Nov 27th 2008

thanks for the replies guys, i like the original better, hearing the new audio just doesn't sit right in my mind. I also have noticed that the music the penguins plays in his room is different too. :'( oh well i think i have the originals somewhere on vhs.

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Nov 28th 2008

Crumbs Almighty! For all the times I've watched The Wrong Trousers, opened his birthday card to "Happy Birthday To You" and when my friend bought me the DVD for my birthday, it changed to Jolly Good Fellow :O

Hmmm... I suppose there'd have been more copyright breaches if the Almighty Nick P chose Cliff Richard's song "Congratulations", without permission. If he did, I guess that the composers would ask for a slice of the royalties. Congratulations is a more recent song - if you count 40-odd years a recent song, that is! :-|

Yours
Sock Eye Salmon

GromitPaws Posted: Feb 1st 2009

Yes, the music Feathers put on on radio (?) are different. I think one tune I know in original was "how much is the puppy in the window" song.

I have VHS tapes of the original, and I just rented DVD (wanted to see if it is widescreen... not) and noticed the difference.

I prefer the original too!

the mag Posted: Oct 30th 2010

i like the original to!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.