Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » ATTENTION ALL AARDMAN STAFF PERSONELL. I'VE A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION TO ASK OF YOU.

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 12 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 12.
springwizard Posted: Dec 1st 2007
:O

I'm planning to enter something in the "Creation of The Month" competition,however,mum doesn't seem to approve because she seems to think it's,well,inappropriate for an artist of my standing. But,of course,she's never actualy "READ" the rules for the contest,so who is she to realy judge,right? Personaly,I think maybee you should send her an E-mail telling her the rules to this contest so that maybe(hopefully) she'll change her mind,but I doubt it,because,you see, mum seems to think that the contest is for preschoolers,but I say "That can't be RIGHT!!!" Also,she fears that since this contest is British sponsored,and I'm American,I might be disquailified. Please say it isn't so,Katie,say it isn't SO!!!!!!

animation boy Posted: Dec 2nd 2007

any age can enter. I think last months winner was 20 odd. And ANY country can enter.

springwizard Posted: Dec 2nd 2007

Yeah,but try telling that to mum. BOY is she a MONSTER!

RichD Aardman Staff Posted: Dec 3rd 2007

I'm not sure that ANY of the winners so far have been of pre-school age! It is open to anyone, from any country, and of any age to enter.

Look at the quality of the August winners for example:

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/competition_winners/august

Most certainly not pre-school!

We've posted prizes to America, Switzerland and plenty of other countries.

Josephine Posted: Dec 4th 2007

When I read your heartfelt plea, Wiz, I really felt for you! I am reminded of something that has been in my mind since reading one of the many biographies of the Almighty Nick that has stayed with me - and encouraged me - ever since.

It was something that was said to Nick P by one of his teachers when he was at school.

The teacher told him that he would never make a living out of drawing cartoons etc. because IT WASN'T ART!!!!?!?!?!?!!!

Look at Nick P now! Hundreds of awards and accolades that fight for space on those hallowed Aardman shelves! A place in the history books. National treasures. Icons. Successful exhibitions ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! And, above all, well-earned and richly deserved LOVE AND RESPECT!

I knew a mother and daughter who lived close by some years ago. They proudly displayed framed cartoons that a young close relative of theirs illustrated for a popular British comic - Imagine these funny comic strips nestled between family photos, holy pictures and the sort of ornaments you'd see on the set of & It was a sight to behold.

The mother sadly died recently aged 101!

What I'm trying to say is - Go for it, girl! You never know where you'll go with this competition. Tom Jones started singing in those tiny, smoky Welsh working men's clubs ... the rest you know! You gotta start somewhere, kid!

I wish you ALL the luck of the Irish!

springwizard Posted: Dec 4th 2007

Hi again,Josie. Boy,you little sneek.It seems like I search the whole forum for you,but I can't seem to find you anywhere,except when I don't want you.I don't mean to sound mean Josie,but you are starting to annoy me. And I was going to add you to my buddy list too. But,if you're gonna act like that,I might as well not even buddy up with you untill you start showing more respect,COMPRENDE!!!????

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Dec 5th 2007

Come on Springwizard - there's no need to be mean, Josephine was wishing you luck with the competition!

springwizard Posted: Dec 5th 2007

Awww,Katie! I just wish Josie wouldn't call me "Wizz" anymore,It's annoying,it bothers me and I just wish she would stop.Since you are a staff member,maybee you could report to her just how I feal about her calling me "Wizz" and maybee she'll stop. If she wants to call me a nick-name,she could call me "Lizzie" since I'm into Lizzie Mc.guire.

Josephine Posted: Dec 5th 2007

Thanks, Katie, for your kind intervention. At least Nick Park himself appreciates the correspondence I have sent him down the years on and off...his work and his humanity matters to me AND the great work Nick and all of you do at Aardman and the utter love and enthusiasm shown by the vast majority of the fans who have contributed - and continue to contribute - to this fabulous website.

springwizard Posted: Dec 6th 2007

Still thinking of joining my Tom Jones Fanclub Josey? PLZ say yes.:'(

Douglas Hart Posted: Dec 7th 2007

springwizard we have all got an even chance at winning im shore your very good at art but so are alot of people so you cant just expect them to choose you so good luck and dont moan if you dont win

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 8th 2008

Don't sugercoat it, Springwizard.:-|

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.