Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT'S TEA DANCE!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 13 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 13.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Nov 27th 2008

Wallace & Gromit’s Tea Dance will take place at Hoxton Hall in central London on Friday 5th December between 1pm and 3pm. Everyone is invited to join us for tea, cake and biscuits and of course some dancing with our friends from Swing Dancers of London. All levels are welcome and there will be an opportunity to learn a few steps with a lesson from the award winning Lindy Hop dancer Taina Kortelainen.

The Tea Dance will be one of thousands of Wallace & Gromit Tea Parties taking place all over the country, to support children and their families in hospitals and hospices around the country. We will also be exhibiting the worlds largest hand knitted tea cosy, which knitters throughout the world have helped us to create to raise awareness of Wallace & Gromit’s Great British Tea Party.

This is a completely free event, but donations are very welcome.

For more details please contact Rebecca Burgess on Rebecca@wallaceandgromitfoundation.org or visit http://www.wallaceandgromitteaparty.org.uk

Harry Posted: Nov 27th 2008

That will be fun!

Have a Smashing time everyone who goes!

It will be Wonderfull.

I will not be able to go.

Michael2008 Posted: Nov 27th 2008

i might go

Chocachoc Posted: Nov 27th 2008

I wont be able to go. Although I am an hour away (by train) I don't think we will

honeyplug Posted: Nov 28th 2008

too bad so sad,My family is in america> I think its a wonderful idea to support the hospitals and hospices this way. BTW whats a tea cozy?

byaboy Posted: Nov 29th 2008

I wish I could go

byaboy Posted: Nov 29th 2008

Sammy the lamb Posted: Dec 4th 2008

Good work! Wallace and Gromit are always doing stuff for charity!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Dec 5th 2008

honeyplug - a tea cosy is what you put over a tea pot to keep the tea nice and warm... imagine a wooly hat (or balaclava) with a space for the tea pot handle and a small one for the spout.

They are mostly knitted and, boys oh boys, do they do what 'the packet says'.

I hope this helps.

Sock Eye Salmon

Chocachoc Posted: Dec 6th 2008

I'm having my tea party today because we had no time yestoday :D

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Dec 7th 2008

How did your late, late tea party go, Chocachoc? Were those tea posts nicely turned out in their cosies????

Eeehh, I'm such a Tea-se

Sock Eye Salmon

Chocachoc Posted: Dec 9th 2008

I had a cracking tea party, thanks! I made a cake and give my family slices. I love the balloons and coasters!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Dec 9th 2008

That's just GRAND, Chocachoc! I hope your family liked your baking.

Be sure to keep those coasters as souvenirs, eh?

Sock Eye Salmon

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.