Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum
Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 8 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 8.
dan123 Posted: Dec 2nd 2007

How did you make your Wallace & Gromit fan site because I really want to make one ?

Seb Moderator Posted: Dec 9th 2007

It takes a huge amount of time an effort, but can work well. Try making a few websites first on other things to get better and better at them, and see if there's anything the internet 'needs.'

I felt it needed a really in-depth Wallace and Gromit site, forum, and podcast, and my hits and visitors prove this was right. Think of something original and you're bound to get people interested!

cheese rules Posted: Dec 10th 2007

so how do u actully make websites seb??

cheese rules Posted: Dec 10th 2007

is there a website where you can make a website or something?

jordan Posted: Dec 10th 2007

to make a free website try http://www.freewebs.com

Seb Moderator Posted: Dec 15th 2007

It's not really something I can just 'explain' really, it's more tricky than that. To create a great website you need to know a lot about HTML etc. (special website codes). I use 'Mambo' as a piece of software to build my website because it's quick to add content to, but I have to use my knowledge of codes to really make something out of it.

It takes time and effort, but play around with different things and see what you can create. My biggest piece of advice is to find something new to talk about.

Pick something with a big fanbase that you're interested in a lot and hasn't already been done on the internet. At the time I started my website there weren't any up to date Wallace and Gromit sites at all, and therefore I got lots of Wallace and Gromit fans who were hungry for one!

dan123 Posted: Dec 16th 2007

Ok thanks Seb

animation boy Posted: Dec 16th 2007

there are lots of programs to create websites.

Notepad can. Dreamweaver is preferred. You can even use a wisywig thing on MS word.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.