Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » WALLACE & GROMIT STAGE PLAY IN THE UK

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 8 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 8.
Josephine Posted: Dec 5th 2007

Whilst reading through my books and memorabilia, I came across a programme for a stage play called A Grand Night Out, inspired by and . It was written and directed by Andrew Dawson and there were actors playing the characters of and as well as , and . It was BRILLIANT! It was on at the Manchester Opera House in May 1997. I wonder if anyone else remembers going to see it? If so, what did you think of it?

wendolene26uk Posted: Dec 5th 2007

I didn't go to see it, but I wonder if someone is going to do a repeat of the stage show, would love them to do a tour and come up to Scotland.

Josephine Posted: Dec 6th 2007

I remember the play being really faithful to the characters - even down to the "homemade" feel of the costumes, sets, etc. If any theatre company is good enough to bring it back, don't make the production too slick...maybe it could be updated to include a Were-Rabbit!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 8th 2008

I don't remember this. Well, I was only one. ;)

cavor Posted: Feb 8th 2008

I saw the play at the Derngate theatre in Northampton, it was very well put together:D the thing that amused me the most was the actor who played shaun and how tall he was, he must of stood 6ft 6 inchs tall!!

It was a Grand Night Out indeed!!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 9th 2008

Really?! 6FT TALL!!!:O

cavor Posted: Feb 10th 2008

Here is a link to a site about the show even Gromit was tall
http://www.andrewdawson.info/wallace_gromit.html
:D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 10th 2008

Stange!:D

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.