Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » FLEECED BOARD GAME - WHISTLE PROBLEM?

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 52 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Dec 6th 2007

Nick Park's board game Fleeced! was launched last week and we have since discovered that in a few cases from the 1st shipment some of the whistles don't work as well as they should. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused and are working with Corgi, our board game manufacturer, to ensure that all faulty whistles are replaced.

If you are experiencing difficulties with your whistles pleased contact the Corgi spares department on 0116 282 6622 or email hsmith@corgi.co.uk. Corgi have promised to get a replacement to you by January.

Please state your name, address and how many whistles you need replacing.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 6th 2007

Don't worry! You'll get it fixed. You're Aardman!

thomas192 Posted: Dec 25th 2007

I have recieved the game for Christmas and I have found out that there is no instruction booklet in it. Please could you email me a print out version if possible.

Rgds
Thomas Capaldi
(thomas192)

StuartRead Posted: Dec 25th 2007

I got the Fleeced board game today, and was going to play it with the family, yet, as with Thomas, there was no instruction book in it. Could you please email me a print out version also if possible.

Thanks

aaronius Posted: Dec 25th 2007

After hours of effort I finally managed to secure a Fleeced game. I've brought it to Canada to give to my brother as his Christmas. It is Christmas day when I write this post.

When we opened the game it did not contain any instructions. What a huge disappointment! Christmas day and we have a nice box to look at but no idea what to do.

How is this even possible? I'm the third post on this issue and there must be others who aren't using the forum who also have this problem. Can't believe the instructions aren't available online.

Please contact me to arrange for a booklet to be sent out? Much appreciated.

Aaron

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 26th 2007

Why is there no instruction booklet?:O

Josephine Posted: Dec 27th 2007

If I were you, until such time as the places reopen after Christmas, when the customer services people are back at work so's you can ask them for the official instructions - make it up as you go along! P'raps you could raid another boardgame and use their instructions to play it instead. Can you imagine - Mouse Trap with sheep! It could turn into SHEEP trap! Monopoly West Wallaby Street-style - trade sheep and get out of jail...er...p'raps not! Leave him there...or he could turn you into dog meat!

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 29th 2007

Mouse trap with a sheep? Hehehe! You could be a comedian!;)

Josephine Posted: Dec 29th 2007

It helps to see the humourous side when things get one down, young fruit :D! Just imagine all the fun you could have with Sheep Trap etc. whilst waiting for the instructions to arrive either via cyberspace or through the letter box... For those who have silent whistles, when the new ones arrive, the boxes might contain a warning: CONTAINS NUTS - unless I have been shoved out of the TARDIS by an irate slitheen, nuts were put into whistles to help make that noise...they might use a plastic ball these days...progress, eh?!

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 31st 2007

Yep, very true.:D

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jan 2nd 2008

Hello everyone, I am sorry to hear about your missing instructions - we have made our games manufacturer aware of the problem and will make sure that everyone receives a copy for their game.

You can download a PDF version of the instructions from the following page, or use the Corgi contact details at the top of this page to request a hard copy of the instructions:

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/3727/1

jodyblue1 Posted: Jan 2nd 2008

I have instrutions

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

How come no one else does?:D

courtneysue Posted: Jan 15th 2008

I live in the USA and have tried to get the Fleeced game. It costs $80 for the game and shipping over here! I love Shaun, but not that much...atleast not until all the quirks are worked out of the game. We Americans enjoy many of the same shows as the people "across the pond", so why can't games and other things just be sold over here too? Amazon.UK. is great though...got the movies dirt cheap and they were shipped in just 3 days! The game isn't available on their site yet though. I'll keep looking. Otherwise....I guess we'll be doing some toy shopping on our trip to the UK this summer!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 15th 2008

$80!!!! THAT IS EXPENSIVE!!

Josephine Posted: Jan 15th 2008

$80!!!!!?????!!!! :O that's daylight robbery!

Josephine Posted: Jan 15th 2008

courtneysue, do you have relatived living in the UK? P'raps they could buy it for you and post it off for less than that price...then again, there are those in the UK who are having probs getting a hold of it, too!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 16th 2008

Absoutley daylight robbery!

Josephine Posted: Jan 16th 2008

$80??!!!! They're having a laugh!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 17th 2008

Excatly!

Josephine Posted: Jan 17th 2008

I think courtneysue will have to shop around to find a more reasonable price for "Fleeced" - or else the poor kid will find herself "Fleeced" in more ways than one - money wise! Get a friend to help...

Mark the Shark! Have you been changing your avatars again?! EEEEEEH! Nothing like variety, eh? ;)

Garfield has been on the mintballs again!!!!!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 19th 2008

Yes, I have. I just changed it five minutes ago to Jon from Garfield. Yes, Garfield has been on mintballs and he's getting fatter from it!;)

Fish Posted: Jan 19th 2008

Mintballs are fattening?:O I suppose almost anything can be if you eat enough of it. The possible exception being celery. A teacher once told me it takes more energy to eat celery than you get from it.

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 19th 2008

I have no idea. I just thought of that randomly. I have changed my avatar again to A Project Zoo screenshot.;)

clay_maker3000 Posted: Feb 1st 2008

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Feb 4th 2008

After a delay because of a problem with the receiving card of the postoffice, my game went back to Bristol from Germany at Xmas. Last week I got the game.

Some of the outfit of the game is a bit cheep (not sheep).
Like the instruction. It was in the box, but if you print the download of it yourself it's nearly the same.

Three of six plastic whistles are not working. Where was the quality manager? Perhaps I will contact Corgi.
At amazon a propper whistle costs £5.99 (Acme SCOUT Whistle). Price in Germany 9,95 €.

But anyway I'm looking forward to play it...
;)

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 4th 2008

Jumping Jack Flash - I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your whistles, unfortunately it seems that a few of the cases in the first shipment did not work as well as they should. If you contact Corgi on the details above they will replace the faulty ones asap. Despite that, I hope you enjoy playing the game and we would love to hear any of the feedback that you have.

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Feb 5th 2008

Hi Katie

I contacted Corgi yesterday and got already a reply.
They send me the wistles foreward.

When I see the prices of chrome wistles I know why the whistles of fleeced are in plastic. But I will try to get better ones with a fair price. They call the wistles scout or bobby whistles. I found ACME SCOUT also with a price between 3 and 4 Euros.

Ciao
:D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 5th 2008

Hello, Jumping Jack Flash!;)

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Feb 6th 2008

Hi Mark the shark

How is the game, you played already?
My first step will be to translate the instruction in German,
so it's easier to explain the game to friends.
8)

Fish Posted: Feb 6th 2008

Jumping Jack Flash, do you think in German or in English? If you grew up around both languages you might think a bit in both...?

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 6th 2008

I have not, Jumping Jack Flash. Sorry. But I really want to! I couldn't find it in forbidden planet!:'(

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Feb 7th 2008

Hi Fish

When I'm in the forum I'm thinking in English.
My mother is French and when we are in France she is changing the language without knowing it. Suddenly she is talking to an assistent in a french shop in German, because just before that she was talking with me.

Hi Mark, I think you will have the chance to get one game.
Do you tried it online:
http://www.forbiddenplanet.com/search/SFleeced
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B000X45A4O/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1202384431&sr=1-3

So long...
;)

Fish Posted: Feb 8th 2008

Thanks for answering my question, Jumping Jack Flash!:)
That is really interesting! I have always wondered about that. I guess I don't know a language well enough to being thinking in it completely - other than English, of course.

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 8th 2008

Thanks Jumping Jack Flash!;)

Jumping Jack Flash Posted: Feb 13th 2008

Got replacement whistles from CORGI...

Thanks
:D

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 14th 2008

Brilliant! Hope you enjoy playing the game with your new whistles! :D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 14th 2008

Hello everyone! I'm here!!!:D

Josephine Posted: Feb 14th 2008

HELLOOOOOOO SHARKIEEEEEEE!!!!

Sock Eye Salmon

PS: I cod you not!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 19th 2008

Hello Sock Eye!;)

RowansLovesWAndG Posted: Mar 1st 2008

Hi,

I got the game for christmas but the whistle for it are quiet do this mean that they are not working properly ??
i have to blow quite hard on them to get them to make a noise

Gags Posted: Mar 1st 2008

I haven't bought it yet:O but I'll wait until I have enough money to buy the game!:D

rover Posted: Mar 15th 2008

i wonder how much is the board game on certain websites like amazon.co.uk?

mvissers Posted: Jul 25th 2008

Hi,

I have this game for about a month, it's very much fun and indeed the whistles don't work very good. I emailed to corgi and got a response back the whistle's were in backorder. Last week I received an letter from hornby that they took over corgi but that the board game is been retained by Pop co. Unfortunately there website is not functioning (www.popcoltd.com). Any help to get the whistles?

bboneham Posted: Aug 9th 2008

im, trying to find info on wallace & gromit chess set board game,

wallacey Posted: Aug 20th 2008

I am debating getting FLEECED my somebody who already has it please comment. Is it worth it? Is it a fun game? Is it hard?

Enigma101 Posted: Sep 27th 2008

Hi everyone, I was wandering what the aim of the game is and whether it is worth buying. How does it compare to other board games like Risk and Monopoly?

Technopete Posted: Dec 1st 2008

I was given "Fleeced" as a present last Christmas (2007) by my wife. It is a fabulous game for children aged up to 70. I want to give it as a present this Christmas to two children in separate families. One will want to know why I have not bought her the game for Christmas and I am going to be in trouble if I don't get it for her. Either that or I have to give her my copy which would be a disaster for me.

It is not available online. Amazon has it on back-order and I am worried they will not supply it before Christmas. Please help me out.

Will you be supplying Amazon in time for Christmas delivery?

Why don't you put it on the online shop on this web site?

Where can I get hold of the game for certain before Christmas?

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Dec 9th 2008

Hi Technopete, unfortunately Fleeced is not in production at the moment. Aardman released an initial trial batch this year and are currently improving the gameplay based on the public's feedback.

We're looking to re-launch it in the new year, so it's unlikely that you will be able to buy one for Christmas unless it is old stock.

We'll keep you posted when we hear any news on release dates.

Chocachoc Posted: Dec 9th 2008

There should be some on ebay aren't there?

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.