Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

YOUR REVIEWS » A MATTER OF LOAF AND DEATH..GENIUS.

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 12 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 12.
Rjkav Posted: Dec 25th 2008

I was looking forward to this for a while now and taking animation in later education "Especialy stop motion" Aardman in general takes a huge part in the teaching.

I had been a fan of Wallace n' Gromit for a fair while before taking the course but the course teaches you to look deeper into animation and in doing so i must say it's alot more adult than the previous few.

I found myself stumbling upon a few innuendos especialy the last line "Keep your paws on the wheel" (Or something to that extent), and as a young adult now i found myself being able to connect more to the characters.

The animation on a whole was incredibly well done (For the time they had). And as ever (And i don't think they'd mind me saying this) they really didn't attempt to polish the models. Still seeing the fingerprints in certain scenes, mainly when gromit is walking up the stairs (close up on the leg) you actualy see the fingerprints switch in place which makes it alot more "homemade" (No offence meant) and makes me love it even more.

From the unneccesary slow motion (I laughed pretty freaking hard) to the romantic and teary side of things, this was an amazing christmas treat and i'm glad to have been a part of the audience, Thankyou Aardman and never stop making these exquisite nuggets of stop motion gold.

1st time poster, long time fan.

buster123 Posted: Dec 25th 2008

hi,i just watched it too. brilliant, another oscar surely

Mooneyman Posted: Dec 25th 2008

If it doesn't get it an Oscar I will be incredibly annoyed. It was fantastic, and I loved it. Every second. It was subtle, hilarious, and...kinda cute, oddly. And the ending was really satisfying. Fantastic work, Aardman, I salute you. :D

cherry66 Posted: Dec 25th 2008

an absolutly amazing short film

SavedbyBishop Posted: Dec 26th 2008

It was really good

Rjkav Posted: Dec 26th 2008

Funny thing is, both my mom and dad said they didn't rate it, along with my grandad. I questioned them and they just said "it wasn't as good as the others". I would of agreed with them on the usual terms "Original is always better", but on this i can't agree. Creating something with heart in such a short amount of time can't be frowned upon.

Although i disagree with the oscar comments (Claymation is alot less rare now adays), and although i love aardman and there "Wacky" inventions and designs, BUT there are alot more "vivid" and "expressive" peices of claymation out there that i think that the modern day oscars are looking for.

FlufflesRocks-xx Posted: Dec 26th 2008

I loved AMOL&D
It was so funny, the animation was super cool and the mucis and plot was double cool- though don't Wallace and Gromit start their own business with every movie? I'm not complaining I'm just saying, they must have a LOT of ideas!

1bilbo Posted: Dec 26th 2008

I am so glad you have kept your independance as a studio which is why this latest creation is so good. I also loved the reference to the 1960s Batman when he couldn`t get rid of a bomb, also the "Aliens" final battle. I noticed quite a few other little `asides` which just add to the great sense of fun. Terrrific job!

thetopbun Posted: Dec 26th 2008

Yes it is Genius!

Rjkav Posted: Dec 26th 2008

Update !

Bad news again i'm afraid i just got back from a family "boxing day" party and it was unanimous that the AMOLAD was a flop? Maybe you have to appreciate animation and look a little deeper to really get a sense of what its about?

I think 80% of people are just wanting wacky ideas and colourful wondorous spectacular explosions. Not actualy caring about what went into making it and the effort, because i know how much effort is needed in stop motion i actualy find myself thinking "oh my that'd be incredibly hard" and wanting to see scenes again for there amazing-ness (Not a word :D)I think it's a pity that animation in general needs to be dumbed down to be appreciated by a wide audience.

fluffles19 Posted: Dec 30th 2008

thought this was brillant i loved every minute of it :)0:)

Mooneyman Posted: Jan 1st 2009

I liked the fact is the a wee bit darker from all the others. I don't see why some old folks don't rate it as highly, at all. In fact it annoys me a bit.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.