Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD GIVE ME POINTERS?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 37 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 37.
Mark the shark Posted: Dec 8th 2007

Hi, everyone. I am just about to start my video for stop-motion to enter the Creation of the Month competition. I was wondering if anyone could give me some hints about stop motion animation before I start to animate my characters. Thank you!

dan123 Posted: Dec 9th 2007

Good luck and the main thing is.
Don't even start an animation if you don't have paitence

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 10th 2007

Well, I think I am quite a patient person.:)

Go W&G Posted: Dec 13th 2007

I have a tip, always prepare a story!

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 14th 2007

Thanks. I'll focus really hard on story. Thanks for the tip!

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 15th 2007

Is there anyone else out there? ANYONE?:'(

Harry Posted: Dec 15th 2007

Umm. Try Get The Spot On Amount Of Light, Dont Move The Steps Too Far Away And Try To Make It As Smooth As Possible, Storyboards Are A Great Help, And Dont Rush On The Sets And Models, When Modelmaking Try Not To Blend Two Colours Together, Only If You Want To Do It, And For Modelmaking Try TO Use Lots Of Tools And Clean Your Hands Before Modelling, Dirt Get In The Plasticine Easily, Thats All I Can Think Of Anyway I Will Post More When I Think Of Some, Harry

Thanks very much, Harry! Great help!

Its Ok,

Is there anyone else...?...Anyone.I'm waiting.

Try To Make Alot Of Room While, Well While doing All The Way Through, I Think A Main Point Is Do Not Rush Though, Gd Lck H

Once again, thanks very much. I appreciate it.

I'm kinda losing patience (not you guys that have already helped. Your help's been fab!:wallace2:) because I really want to start my movie.

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 19th 2007

DO I HAVE TO BEG TO GET PEOPLE TO ANSWER MY FORUMS????!!!!!!:'(

Harry Posted: Dec 19th 2007

Well, To Start You Can Take A Few Pictures Of Your Set Where Your Camera Will Be In Its Place For Animating, And I Suggest When Moving Camera Views From Side To Side Be Careful Because It Can Look Bad If You Move It Too Far, And No Dont Think I Am A Expert, This Is All From My Brain, I Have Done A Few Animations Tho, And They Are Ok, I Might Make Wallace Out Of Newplast Sometime After Christmas To Show You My Level Of Modelmaking, Its Not Fantastic But I Know The Tips And There Hard To Get Right So Take Your Time And Really The Main Thing I Need To Say Is Good Luck, Harry

Harry Posted: Dec 19th 2007

Ohh And Just Say What Part You Need Help On, Then I Can Aim To Say Bout That

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 20th 2007

Thanks once again, Harry. As you were saying about what part I need help on, it's really the sets/characters/props. I have a digital camera and I think I'm going to use Stop Motion Pro. Once again, thanks for all the effort you made to help me!:D

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 21st 2007

Alright, sorry about this, Harry, dan123 and GO W&G but I'm going to scream. Nobody except you guys will answer my forums?!! WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:'(:'(

Harry Posted: Dec 21st 2007

Umm, sets can be done cheeply with cardboard boxes and you cut some sides of them and make props with that

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 21st 2007

Wow, Harry, you are REALLY REALLY ATRA-MEGA FAST AT REPLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cavor Posted: Dec 22nd 2007

Good tips:

1) Put your camera on a tripod tape down legs of tripod to floor with gaffer tape.

2) Don’t run before you can walk we all have grand ideas for animations so keep your early animations short you will learn more that way.

3) Think of timing, act out and time things first.

4) A movement of an eye brow followed by say lifting of a head before a puppet moves, just shows inner thought going on in your characters head

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 22nd 2007

Thanks, Cavor. That's a lot of help. Thank you everyone for being very kind and helping me to make my animated movies so that one day I might be able to work at Aardman.

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 23rd 2007

Thank you all those people who have helped me but right now, I would like it if you could give me instructions of how to model Wallace and Gromit. Then I need set info! See ya! Hope to hear from ya soon! Enjoy Christmas! Ta-ta for now!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 5th 2008

Where the hell is everyone?

purple and brown Posted: Feb 15th 2008

really try hard when making models!!!!:D

Nofby Posted: Apr 9th 2008

Its impossible to shortly say 'how to do stop motion animation' It relies on SO many things no one has hardly mentioned here. Do your research!

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 11th 2008

The main thing is get the lighting right. ;)

Gromits Brother Posted: May 21st 2008

you have to do about twp pictures every second of film.

you have to do about two pictures every second of film.

Hey MTS NO CUSSING :WARNING I WILL REPORT!:

jordan Posted: May 21st 2008

NO, 24 "frames" pictures is 1 second

meatloafmania12 Posted: May 28th 2008

small movements. SMALL MOVEMENTS!

=

Mark the shark Posted: Jun 4th 2008

Thank you everyone! ;)

gromitnhutch4ever Posted: Jun 22nd 2008

:shaun1:

lmlm6819 Posted: Jul 16th 2008

dnt put ur spotlights too close to the set, cos ur plasticine models will melt like theres no 2morow!! lol

crackingtoast Posted: Sep 25th 2008

ok,here's some tips and tricks

*if a model falls down and you cannot get it back in the same position,put it in the most similer position to waht you had and shoot it at the different angle to hide the fact it's in a different position.
*if you want good animation do 12 frames a second,if you really have the time do 24 a second
*make the characters seem like real people. like if they are think make them stroke their chin or somthing

plasjas Posted: Sep 26th 2008

Timing is hugely important mark. Getting someone to react to situations is key to good character animation. I'm sure you are aware of that. Just doing movements small isn't enough. it is a key factor but make your model seem alive

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.