Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » AARDMAN ANNOUNCE TWO NEW FEATURE FILMS!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 33 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 33.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Aardman add two more feature films to their collection:

feature_films.jpg

It was announced today that Aardman has begun production on their next two animated feature length motion-pictures, Arthur Christmas and Pirates! Both films are to be released worldwide by Sony Pictures.

Commenting on the announcement, co-founder of Aardman Animations, Peter Lord said “It’s incredibly exciting to be moving forward on these two movies, and I’m thrilled to be back in the director’s chair for Pirates! We love to work in different animation styles ands techniques, so we’re producing Arthur Christmas in state-of-the-art CGI while for Pirates! we’re returning to our house style of hand-crafted modelling clay. The most important elements of any animated film are story and character, and we believe that in these films, we have characters to charm and stories to delight and engage.”

Pirates! - a swashbuckling adventure with a rich vein of surreal and broad comedy - is based upon The Pirates! (in an Adventure with Scientists), from the bestselling series of books by Gideon Defoe. The movie will be created with the same beautiful hand-crafted technique that Aardman brought to the feature films Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit and Chicken Run. The story follows the fortunes of a cheerful but hapless pirate band as they cross the seven seas in search of the thing pirates love best: adventure. And what greater adventure can there be than battling Black Bellamy and Cutlass Liz in an attempt to win the coveted Pirate of the Year trophy? From the Caribbean, their journey takes them to Victorian London, where they encounter Charles Darwin, an articulate ‘man-panzee’ named Mister Bobo, and an all-powerful enemy determined to wipe out pirates forever. The pirates find that their quest is a victory for good-natured optimism over the boring forces of common sense.

Production has also started on Aardman’s highly ambitious computer-animated feature film, Arthur Christmas. Set on Christmas night, the story at last reveals the incredible, never-before seen answer to every child’s question: ‘So how does Santa deliver all those presents in one night?’ Santa's exhilarating, ultra-high-tech operation revealed by the movie is on a massive scale that requires the creation of a huge CGI world. But the heart of the film is a story with the ingredients of a Christmas classic – a family at seasonal loggerheads and an unlikely hero with an urgent mission that must be completed before Christmas morning dawns. Aardman is working closely with Sony Pictures Imageworks on the animation for this CGI motion picture.

Exciting Stuff! :D

Harry Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Coooool!

CGI and Stop Motion!

Cant wait!

peter kay is pc mac Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Brilliant! I Can't wait! Any chance & will make a cameo???

jordan Posted: Apr 28th 2009

The thing i noticed on all articles is that there is no dates?

ilkka Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Coooool!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Christmas Day for Arthur Christmas Jordan.

and Katie, can we have a Production Blog for them both?

Lozi101 Posted: Apr 28th 2009

oh yes please, a production blog would be great!
and wow, i cant wait! im sure they will be two more amazing productions from aardman!!

mr joe kidd Posted: Apr 28th 2009

yeeeeeyyyyyy cant wait

mrjoekidd

Oakes Posted: Apr 28th 2009

woop woop!:D

Little Lizzie Posted: Apr 28th 2009
:-(

:shau:On::wallac::-|hutch:e:D4:cooo:fe;)athers:):oooooo|-):wallace1:llllllll l:wallace2:ove y:-(|)a :wa:gr>:-)omit1:ll0:)ace3: :8):-Xgromit:'(2:

Chocachoc Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Cool, sounds great!

crackingtoast Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Sounds brilliant. i hope they are done in the aardman style like the rest of the films.

Sammy the lamb Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Cool! Is this deal going to last longer than the one with dreamworks? Any chance of me hopping in to do a film when I'm older?

Who am I kidding?

Cameronl Posted: Apr 28th 2009

Great!I'll look forward to watching them
:)

chees3gromit Posted: Apr 28th 2009

awesome! both sound very entertaining to watch :D

cheesefanatic Posted: Apr 29th 2009
:O

wow!!!!!!! i can't wait!:D

Michael2008 Posted: Apr 30th 2009

oh. no Wallace & Gromit!:-(

pooo Posted: Apr 30th 2009

:beam:'(ing::smi:-Xfeathers::le::b::glasses:plain:igs0:)mi:w:su:wicked:rprise:i:monkey:nk:le:

iantimothy Posted: Apr 30th 2009

pirates sounds great! what's aurthurs christmas about

MitchyK Posted: May 1st 2009

I can't wait. Pirates sounds good.:-(|)

tc300 Posted: May 2nd 2009

hey hey! nice one bet i'll like pirates more because its stop motion/frame...but they both sound awsome! www.zorgo300.synthasite.com

georgeapples57 Posted: May 2nd 2009

Why, my fellow Aardman followers, "Arthur Christmas" is clearly about Aardman's new mascot, Arthur the Aardvark! This brilliant new CGI endeavor shall be based on the prospect that jolly old St. Nick has simply been kidnapped (Or Santa-napped; ho ho, I'm clever). Thusly, Arthur and his sister, DW must travel to the North Pole and save Santa from the grasps of most certain doom! Will they survive? Well, simply pay admission to gain the answer! BLAHHHH!

(This is all fake, of course. It would have been funny to joke around about that, though.)

siancatlover Posted: May 2nd 2009
:'(

:wink::b:kiss:igsm:b8)eaming:il:angel:e:coooo::wendoline>:-):plain:o:monkey:oooo:s:surprise:mile:ooool:sad:

Natlinxz Posted: May 5th 2009

Yay! Aardman Movies rock!

Sammy the lamb Posted: May 7th 2009

However, flims about humans is not really aardman's style, or basing them on books, therefore I believe the movies won't really get that a good a rating, and will cut short aardman's deal with sony.

I probably won't watch it.

Lozi101 Posted: May 7th 2009

dont under-estimate aardman sammy the lamb, and you shouldnt not watch it because you dont think it will be very good

Sammy the lamb Posted: May 10th 2009

Sorry.

I'll wait until I see the adverts before I decide not to watch it.

wallace295 Posted: May 10th 2009

I would by that any day! When will it be relaesd katie?

Gromits little bro Posted: May 14th 2009

i googled arthur's christmas nd the only thing i found was arthur the aardvark

popcron Posted: May 25th 2009

wicked: This is Cooooool

crackingtoast Posted: May 25th 2009

Arthur' Christmas doesn't sound very ardmanny,unless it's King Arthur,now that would bea n awesome aardman film. Pirates sounds awesome though, and with Peter Lord making it,it's sure to be cracking.

as long as Arthure's Christmas is CGI animated in the tradional aardman style,like flushed away,i'm happy

i just thought,i bet they'll do a joke in pirates like 'AARRRRRRRRRD-man' :D

wooww,i just checked and Pirates is coming out THIS YEAR! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.