Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

ARTS, CRAFTS & COOKERY » HOW IS A SOLID METAL ARMATURE BETTER THAN A WIRE ARMAURE?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 9 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 9.
PlasticineMaster Posted: May 15th 2009

How is a solid metal armature better than a wire armaure?

cavor Posted: May 17th 2009

If you are talking about the difference between Aluminium wire or ball & socket the Ali has a bit of springiness to it (re-coil), Ball & Socket Armatures are more positive in each move

PlasticineMaster Posted: May 19th 2009

I need to buy one one day, see what it is like. Thanks again cavor.

kieran Posted: Jun 5th 2009

probably because wire breaks if bent to much.

cheesehead302 Posted: Dec 11th 2011

A ball and socket armature. I really want to buy one of these but there OVER 130$(pretty sure thats like 40- 50 lbs) There are some realy good tutorial on how to make them, but i don't have all of the materials to make one. A ball socket moves around freely so you can animate it in almost any direction.

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 2nd 2012

I think a ball and socket armature because it allows the character to stand steady. So you can animate.

yianni Posted: Feb 6th 2012

hey cheesehead302 could you tell me the tutorial

Wallace and Gromit Mastermind Posted: Jun 6th 2012

What is wrong with wire?

iantimothy Posted: Jun 8th 2012

nothing is wrong with wire, especially on a budget.

I used to never believe this but trust me it's true, a good wire armature is waaaay better than a bad ball and socket. if you experiment with it and get good, you can make really good work with wire armatures.

Look up Nick Hilligoss, he is an australian animator and he does a lot of good work with just wire armatures. 

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.