LATEST NEWS » US PREMIER OF "A MATTER OF LOAF AND DEATH" IS ANNOUNCED!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 48 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 48.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: May 28th 2009

AT&T* and Aardman Animations today announced that AT&T U-verse TV will exclusively feature the U.S. premiere of the new Wallace and Gromit short film, "A Matter of Loaf and Death."

att_annuncement.jpg

The film will make its U.S. debut to all U-verse TV customers on June 5, available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library. Beginning June 1, clips of the famous cheese lover and his canine friend will also appear on AT&T wireless devices through CV-Video (Video On Demand) and on http://uconnect.att.com , a site for U-verse TV customers that features the latest U-verse TV programming and television events.

The Wallace and Gromit content available on three screens from AT&T will include:

• "A Matter of Loaf and Death" short film. Available June 5-7 for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library. Available for $4 rental beginning June 8. Rated PG.

• "A Grand Day Out", "The Wrong Trousers" and "A Close Shave" short films. Available in the Wallace and Gromit Fun Pack (includes all three short films plus "A Matter of Loaf and Death") for $7 in the U-verse TV On Demand library beginning June 8.

• "A Matter of Loaf and Death" making-of documentary. A 22-minute documentary on the making of the latest Wallace and Gromit short film. Available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library and on uconnect.att.com.

• Cracking Contraptions. A series of 10 two-minute short films featuring some of Wallace and Gromit's most outrageous inventions. Available for free in the U-verse TV On Demand library, online at uconnect.att.com and on mobile handsets via CV.

• "A Matter of Loaf and Death" trailer and clips from all the short films in the series will be available in the U-verse TV On Demand library, online at uconnect.att.com and on mobile handsets via CV.

For additional information on AT&T U-verse - or to find out if it's available in your area - visit http://uverse.att.com. For more information about U-verse TV programming and television events by visiting http://uconnect.att.com.

*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.

iantimothy Posted: May 28th 2009

whats U-verse? is it a channel? is this on normal TV?

Lucky Ducky 13 Posted: May 28th 2009

Wow, that's thrilling. I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity to see the new W&G film. :)
Also, Katie, I know that this is unrelated, but I need HELP!
I just tried posting a review I wrote a while back for the American DVD release of "Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures", but I keep receiving a message that says...
"This is a family friendly web site, please do not swear"
I don't understand why I continue to receive this message because I know that there's no profanity or offensive content in the review. I've already posted it on two other sites and they found nothing objectionable in it, so what could be causing this?

Cinder The Kitten Posted: May 29th 2009

When will it be on DVD?

Lucky Ducky 13 Posted: May 30th 2009

That's what I want to know too. I'm not such abig fan of watching things on-line or through pay-per-view, so buying it on DVD is my best opportunity to see it. Besides, it's W&G, so it'll be worth the money.

werock29 Posted: May 31st 2009

Me to

Capt_Kirk57 Posted: Jun 1st 2009

iantimothy,
U-verse is AT&T's subscription TV service, it's basically like Cable or Satellite, but it comes into your home via the phone line. Not yet available in a great many places. So, NO, this is not normal TV, nor a channel you can receive, unless you are a U-verse subscriber. Sorry.

Inika_Unite77 Posted: Jun 3rd 2009

Great!..one step closer to the DVD release.

ilkka Posted: Jun 3rd 2009

Me to;):D8)

Fish Posted: Jun 4th 2009

Well U-verse is a pricey subscription TV service - a bit out of my league at least. I guess I'll continue to wait for the US version of the DVD.

gromitgirlthirtysomething Posted: Jun 5th 2009

I think A LOT of people are going to be disappointed about this U-verse thing. :'( I never even heard of it!! ... Not really fair, but oh well. We waited this long ...

How long do you think before it is out on DVD?

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 5th 2009
:'(

I wan't it on DVD too

holidaylover09 Posted: Jun 6th 2009

Why can't we get it! That is SOOOO not fair! I wish that we could all see it whatever it is! What is it anyways? A movie, a short clip, what? Will it come out on DVD? WHAT IS IT???!!!!!! :-|

robtswitzer Posted: Jun 6th 2009

That the availability of "Loaf and Death" will be limited to subscribers to AT&T's television service is most disappointing. Only a very small percentage of devoted W&G fans in the States will be able to see it. If it was thought that releasing it in this manner would make us happy, whoever came up with this scheme is sadly mistaken. I'm a DirecTV subscriber and will not change providers to watch just one program (and that's assuming AT&T is available in my area). I hope that it will be released on DVD soon!

:-(

Cinder The Kitten Posted: Jun 7th 2009

holidaylover09,
it's a short like A Grand Day Out, The Wrong Trousers, and A Close Shave.

Bostonian Posted: Jun 8th 2009

As a loyal, DVD-purchasing, movie-attending U.S. W&G fan for many years, I find this inaccessible U.S. "premiere" disappointing and insulting. I'm sorry, my friends, but this is no way to treat your family across the pond.

Because of my love for Aardman I have steadfastly refused to get this film in pirated form or even watch illicit versions on YouTube, but I have to admit that this ill-conceived marketing plan is making my scruples increasingly difficult to maintain. Can you at least tell us when the DVD will be available?

crackingtoast Posted: Jun 9th 2009

i'm british,but i find this insulting that you guys in the States don't get to see it. it should've been broadcast and relleased on DVD other there at the same time as it was over here. it's really unfair for you guys.

cavor Posted: Jun 9th 2009

I expect the first US screening went to the highest bidder (possibly I don't know!),
Sadly in this world it can be down to money to a certain degree!
If the people at Aardman could do it for just the love of it I'm sure they would:)

I hope all US fans of W&G get to see the latest instalment very soon

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 9th 2009

Aardman are always considering exciting new ways to broadcast their productions and the unique opportunity with AT&T was something they really wanted to get involved with. Fans without AT&T won't have too long to wait though, the DVD is due for release this Autumn/Fall.

Fish Posted: Jun 9th 2009

I am not insulted. I love W&G and Aardman and I know this was not purposeful on their part. There is no offense intended, so let's not make things worse by taking offense. Eventually, we who live in America will get to see AMLAD.

cavor Posted: Jun 9th 2009

Kate thanks for the update.
I hope my other post didn't come over as a dig at Aardmans
Fish it will be worth the wait;)
You can't keep all of the people happy all of the time!.........But it would be nice if you could

Cinder The Kitten Posted: Jun 9th 2009

Thanks for the info katie!

Inika_Unite77 Posted: Jun 10th 2009

thank you! I can't wait for the dvd release even if it is almost a year late.

Livetemple Posted: Jun 13th 2009

What if you don't have U-Verse TV?:'(
Then where, or when, can you watch it?

gromit99 Posted: Jun 16th 2009

We might not have U-Verse until the summer's over...none of us will get to see it...:'(but on DVD we will!|-)

jcturner Posted: Jun 17th 2009

I watched it on TV at Christmas when I was back in the UK, and it was great! It's a pain that US viewers have had to wait so long, but it is worth the wait.

Fish Posted: Jun 19th 2009

Amazon.com just sent me a link to preorder AMOLAD!!!!|-) *JOY* It won't be too long now!

Doodle Head Posted: Jun 23rd 2009

Andreally cute :D

Gromit lad Posted: Jun 27th 2009

I went to MSN.com and went to videos. I watches the full episode of wallace & gromit a matter of loaf and death. Amazon.com is selling it for pre- order SINCE MAY 23!!! So you can buy it NOW! Also Target.com is selling it. AND yes, you guys have been waiting for a long time, but all you needed to know was that it was released from preorder may 23. So go on, HAVE A CRACKING TIME!!!!!!

toddwilder Posted: Jun 30th 2009

If you can't wait for the USA release, you can always get a "region-free" dvd player. They cost about the same as the "regular" ones. Do an online search if you're interested. The region-free player is a must-have for UK music fans also!

Inika_Unite77 Posted: Jul 1st 2009

yes amazon.com is saying you can buy it now!!!!! it may take 1 to 3 weeks to ship, but this is so awesome! Heres the link: http://www.amazon.com/Wallace-Gromit-Matter-Loaf-Death/dp/B001OC6RZA/ref=pd_sim_d_2

Fish Posted: Jul 1st 2009

Yeah - that is where I ordered it! They sent me a note to tell me it would be arriving in a few weeks! |-)

Benny 123 Posted: Jul 3rd 2009

I have it on dvd

mireya Posted: Jul 5th 2009

hola quien quere ser mi amigo

mireya Posted: Jul 5th 2009

hola quien quere ser mi amigo

mqueen9557 Posted: Jul 7th 2009

i cant wait for september 22, 2009!!!:):D:):D

ryster102 Posted: Jul 8th 2009

Too bad U-Verse isn't on my TV!

Ellie33 Posted: Jul 10th 2009

wow!

heh it is fun

::preston3>:-)::gromit3:surpris:monkey:e:::shaun:)wallace3:::bi:-(gsmi::crying:D:-Xle::wi8)nk::-|angel::

BlooChicken Posted: Jul 13th 2009

is A Matter of Loaf and Death going to premere on PBs or aany other channels other then on-demand?

gromit99 Posted: Jul 14th 2009

I know Fish, when I checked on Amazon, it sent me a link to pre-order AMOLAD on DVD!!! :D

Oh, I forgot, I posted a forum discussion about when AMOLAD is releasing in the US on DVD. jordan replied to me and said, "It's releasing September 22, 2009." Isn't that exciting?? |-)

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/32781/2 <- here is where you will find the forum discussion. ;)

Click the link to go to it! And please comment! :)

gromit99 Posted: Jul 15th 2009

Ellie33, why did you put a bunch o' random icons? :-( I need AT LEAST ONE reply. ;)

ryster102 Posted: Oct 15th 2009
:'(

I don't have U-Verse TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mqueen9557 Posted: Dec 31st 2009

bought it on my 3 day shoppin' spree it awsome :D

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.