Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » KATIE PLEASE HELP WITH THE NEWS!!!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 28 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 28.
conty Posted: Dec 20th 2007

katie i heard today that there was a news article today in the western daily press, that aardman is setting up a university 3 year coarse for animation, is that correct? please can you find out for me please, i think the article was involving peter lord but i could be wrong on that, thankyou conor:D

Fish Posted: Dec 20th 2007

Conty,

I googled Aardman university, and found out there is truth to this rumor! Here is the link: http://www.4rfv.co.uk/industrynews.asp?id=69940

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Dec 21st 2007

Hi Conty, the headlines have been a bit misleading - Aardman itself isn't launching a degree programme, but it has helped in supporting the launch of a Digital Animation course and studio at Falmouth University College - although it's still very exciting news for budding animators!

jodyblue1 Posted: Dec 21st 2007

hello

conty Posted: Dec 21st 2007

ok thankyou katie, not that im old enough yet anyway :'( but just keeping up with what might be available to me in the future :D ive been looking for maybe an evening class or something that i can do in the school holidays, but theres nothing out there, but my school have just started a new coarse for next year in imedia which is going to cover animation and cgi so im hoping to get on that coarse, i suppose its a start;)

cavor Posted: Dec 21st 2007

The UWE (bristol university) usually run a animation summer course if you are in that region of the country.

Just Googled it here you are http://amd.uwe.ac.uk/index.asp?pageid=532

They also do a saturday workshops from the end January check this out http://amd.uwe.ac.uk/index.asp?pageid=748
:D

yep i live just 20 mins from aardan studios, if theres no traffic!! thankyou for the info cavor, im going to check it out :)

just requested a place on the coarse at the uni, only 10 places left so fingers crossed:)

Good luck Its a great place to be!

I studied there for 3 months back in 2003 on a model animation course It was a fantastic experience.

I met Peter Lord (nice guy) he came down for a whole morning talking about Aardmans and the industry.

we also got a tour of the studios later on in the course.

Hope you get in.

ha ha you must live close to me then!!! i guess im not going to get a reply now though for days being christmas but im going to keep my fingers crossed:)

Unfortunately I don’t live close to the Animation city of Bristol its about 2 & 1/2 to 3 hr run for me.

But maybe one day if I get the right job that I am aiming for.

should of guessed really working on boats you would be near the coast i guess, what would be your dream job? aardmans per chance?

have you ever seen the work of this artist? http://blip.tv/file/94203 i am blown away!!! hes got to be my favourite 'ron mueck' its amazing, let me know what you think, wouldnt mind working with this guy:D

Yes that would be the right job in mind, but it is tough
one to get into.

I think I have come across this guys work before, he is truly amazing.

Our boats are over an hour possible more like 2 hrs from any usable port http://www.fairline.com/#/home/
the past 4-5 years I have been working on the Squadron range 58'& 68'

Our biggest boat we do is 74' long and when transporting it there have to temporarily take down electric cables and telephone wires.

just showed dad, oh no he wants one!!!!the inside is amazing!! its a lovely boat, have you got one?

weve got a quicksilver airdeck boat with a 15hp engine, its great for the holidays with the caravan as it fits in the boot of the car ;) its great fun watersking and being dragged round on a ringo, and of coarse fishing!! :D

If I had that sort of money for a boat (a million or two) I would rather have my own Animation Company!!!

conty Posted: Dec 22nd 2007

he he me too!!!!!!!;)

jills Posted: Dec 25th 2007

Hope you get on the course, conty, it sounds great.

conty Posted: Dec 25th 2007

thanks jill, i wont find out untill the new year, fingers crossed!!!:)

cavor Posted: Dec 25th 2007

Merry Christmas conty & jills and anyone else who's about. Did you get your stop motion pro (software) you were after conty, I fully expect that it will be the software that the Bristol uni will be using.
When I did my course at the Bristol uni (The Tobacco Factory) they were on SMP version 4 But they usually update there programmes all the while.
Don’t panic! If you didn't get your SMP for Xmas as you can always download a free trial version (Standard) to get you up to speed.

conty Posted: Dec 25th 2007

yes i got it and a great suprise!!! a 32" samsung lcd tv to hang on my bedroom wall!!!! cant wait to get animating, got it all out (had a photo cube etc) set it all up, then i had to put it away again as we got a house full tonight for tea, but ive got a free day tomorrow so im going to have a go then,
i also had some animating books, had a quick flick through them and they look great, hope your having a great day, all the best:)

jills Posted: Dec 26th 2007

Thanks, cavor, Merry Christmas to you, too

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 26th 2007

Oh my god, Conty! I wish I lived 20 minutes down the road from Aardman! D'OH!!!!

conty Posted: Dec 26th 2007

i know, im very lucky to live so close, its more than 20 mins when theres heavy traffic, as we dont live in the town, i live in a little village outside of bristol, can be 40-50mins when its really busy ;)

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 28th 2007

Me banging my head against a table. BANG! BANG! BANG! "I WISH I LIVED NEAR AARDMAN!" BANG! BANG!!! BAAAAAANG!!!! "Soup!" BANG!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAANNNGGG!!!!!!:D

conty Posted: Jan 3rd 2008
:'(

ive just heard from the uni, there are no places left!!! ive been put on a list for cancellations but its not likely as its been booked since july!!! so i will book early for next year;)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

Yep, you do that. I hope you get a place! Good luck!:D

conty Posted: Jan 4th 2008

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 4th 2008

You're very welcome!:D

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.