LATEST NEWS » MORPHMATION ANIMATION CONTEST WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 11 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 11.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 3rd 2009

Back in April 2009, Aardman Animations and Firebox.com launched a competition inspired by the hugely popular Make your Own Morph product, inviting Morph lovers to send in their own Morph animation.

The ‘Morphmation’ competition gave entrants the chance to submit a two minute stop-motion film starring the lovable clay figure, which would then be judged by the creators of Morph themselves, Peter Lord and David Sproxton.

In just a matter of weeks a staggering 132 entries were submitted, with five films being shortlisted and showcased on Aardman’s YouTube channel for the online video community to rate and comment on. After two weeks of public voting and over 100,000 video views, Peter and David picked the winner based on YouTube popularity and their own expert opinion.

1st Prize – a one-off signed original Morph sketch by Peter Lord
Fishcake by Jennifer Kell

2nd Prize - a copy of Stop Motion Pro6.5 HD Software and an Animation Station
Morph Stains on the Carpet by Peter & Caroline

3rd Prize – an Animation Station
Tea and Biscuits by David Hart

Runners Up – Firebox Gift Vouchers
Morph – Fair Play by Ian Timothy
Morph Gets Fit by Rachel McGrath

All five of the finalists’ videos, plus a selection of classic Morph clips, can be found on Aardman’s YouTube channel and on the Firebox website.

If you’ve been inspired to have a go at animation yourself, the Make Your Own Morph Kit is available from Firebox.com and contains everything you need to get started including Plasticine, props and an instructional DVD.

Inika_Unite77 Posted: Jun 3rd 2009

yes. I saw thwm. they're awesome:)

ilkka Posted: Jun 3rd 2009
:-|

Cameronl Posted: Jun 3rd 2009

IanTimothy should have won in my opinion.:-|

ilkka Posted: Jun 4th 2009
:D

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 5th 2009

Yes it's a shame that IanTimothy didn't win, but he still did extremely well and received some wonderful comments on Youtube. After all, having 21000 people watching your animation can't be that bad, can it? :)

ilkka Posted: Jun 5th 2009

Yes! ;):D

iantimothy Posted: Jun 10th 2009

thats exactly the way i feel katie!

ilkka Posted: Jun 12th 2009

hutch:

K8e Posted: Aug 10th 2009

Iantimothy's animation was really good but the winner won because they were judged first place. I think Jennifer's animation showed what a true Morph sketch should be like.

All people who won something should be proud. They were all excellent! :D

skalouis Posted: Mar 29th 2010

at home i have that morph but i only made i did not konw it was on

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.