Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » JUST-A' LITTLE BLINK,

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 7 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 7.
Harry Posted: Dec 22nd 2007

How Do You Do Those Simple Things Like A Little Blink Or A Rolling Eye, Its Simple But Looks Awesome. I Think The Rolling Eye Is Just A Coctail Stick Moving The Eyes Posision Through The Hole In It And Shaun The Sheep Kind Of Gives Me The Idea For The Blink That Neplast Is Just Placed Over The Eye, I Think I Am Right, But Also Changing The Subject I Read In Cracking Animation That The Sheeps Heads Are Solid And They Just Drill Holes And Stuff Whats It Made From?, Anyway If You Dont Know How To Do A Little Simple Thing Just Ask Us, You Knever Know We Might Have The Answer. Anyway Hope You Help, And Have A Great Cristmas Everyone, Hope Santa Gets You All You Need, Hehe, Hope You Reply To This, Anyway Goodbye Everyone, Merry Christmas!

From Harry

cavor Posted: Dec 22nd 2007

Hi Harry if you are going for a clay head and eyelids like Shaun the sheep, a good substance for holding the eyelids on is tacky wax (you'll have to hunt it down in craft shops or look on line)

Try a test blink say take 1 or 2 shots to close the eyes hold down lids for 3 to 5 then open again or try a double blink, experiment with the timing.

If you want to roll the eyes take say 6 shots rolling them back and to one side, then hold eyes there for 6-12 shots then try a blink but when you come back from the blink have your eyes facing straight in the middle, again you can experiment with these timings.

Good luck and I hope we see the finished results in the creations.

Harry Posted: Dec 23rd 2007

I might do a practice animation for blinks and rolling the eye aswell as showing my model of a sheep. Thanks cavor, do you know what the sheeps heads are made from and how to put it all together so I will be able to make it. In the creation I dont think it will be the full sheep. I might just have its head on a coctail stick. Thanks for your help you normally are a big help. I will try and get the creation done for as soon as possible, keep posting.

Thanks
Merry Christmas
Harry

cavor Posted: Dec 23rd 2007

I think Shauns head is made from resin or oven bake type clay with an aluminium armature neck you could use that flexible sculpey clay you mentioned (this is a new one on me), to wrap around the neck alternatively you could use a build up of tissue paper and latex.

What Would The Tissue Paper And Latex Do, I Can Buy Some!

cavor Posted: Dec 23rd 2007

latex and tissue paper is to build up the shape of the legs finish off with a mix of acylic paint & latex or you can get latex paint.
The object of the process is to remain flexibility.

Its all about experimenting.

Craft shops sell pouring latex(liquid)

Merry Christmas to you all

I Dont Get It, Why Do You Need Tissue Paper For Sheeps Legs And What Is The Purpose Of Latex Again?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.