Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » "A MATTER OF LOAF AND DEATH" HITS JAPAN

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 6 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 6.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jul 21st 2009

Wallace and Gromit’s latest short film, "A Matter of Loaf and Death", will reach Japanese fans this week through it’s theatrical release, managed by Studio Ghibli.

The film will be showing at selected cinemas across the country from Saturday 18th July and has already been well received by the Japanese press. The Japan Times gave the film a 4* rating, commenting that "A Matter of Loaf and Death" ‘gives us everything we’ve come to love from a Wallace & Gromit film’.

Studio Ghibli, co-founded by acclaimed director Hayao Miyazaki, also plans to release "A Matter of Loaf and Death" on DVD in Japan later this year.

Gromit lad Posted: Jul 21st 2009

In Japan they release it as a movie? cool.
I'm pretty sure a lot of folks will be happy to hear about this!

Michael2008 Posted: Jul 22nd 2009

oh i luv da poster lol! cinemas? lucky them!

jordan Posted: Jul 22nd 2009

and they get all that cool japan only AMOLAD merchandise!

piepie Posted: Jul 23rd 2009

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds good they are very, very, very lucky to get them in the cinemas my cousins are moving to Japan they will get to see it! the lucky things that is all from me!

ryster102 Posted: Oct 15th 2009

How did such a successful short film get into japanese cinemas in the first place?!?!!

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.