Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » WHEN I STARTED MAKING MODELS & FILMS

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 12 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 12.
jordan Posted: Dec 26th 2007

In 2001 i started making little animated films crude models but i liked them. then i just kept doing films and practacing modelmaking. then in 2003/4 there was a part of the work i was doing at school were you could create a film or animated film. i couldnt belive it! so my modelmaking skills at this point were much evolved and design wise they were really detailed. so i created my first little film , there was no story due to it needed to be done quick i allready ahd a large set ehich i wasnt going to use for the project before it. so i just reused that one. everyone liked it and thought it was great i even had to make another model showing how i craeted teh character and showed it around the class and even to teh teachers. in 2005 i came up witha really funny story based around 2 new characters, i created both of them and time was running out it was GCSE time! i only managed to film 2 scenes! and never worked on it again. then for christmas 2005 i decided to do a christmas animation based around the same characters and that went really well then i was pleased with it in the end of 2005/2006 i started another funny story and this became my first mini film with more characters and sets than ever before and lots more detail!
then i created another christmas animation for 2006.

*Phew* Takes 4 Sups Of Pepsi Max!*

now ive written my 2 bigish film and everything is ready for that models are nearly done and everything has been storyboarded since august 2007.

then i did i christmas animation this december (2007) which was finished 24th dec!!! leaving it abit too late!

now im just trying to finish everything off for my new film so i can start animating in feb/march

hope you enjoyed reading this

Harry Posted: Dec 26th 2007

in 2005 i and some friends got chance to be in yoscars competition. it was basically a primary schools movie making competition. we jumped into action with a amazing character which showed joy to the class. we didnt win but it went well. then the next year in 2006 we got chance for it again. that time the group split up into small croups and the competition was on. me and 2 other friends made a 2 minute film and it went really well. until someone on the second week of time came to the room and put a load of plasticine into our camera lens. it had gone for us. but we never stopped. we got out teacher and he got some of it out but still it was cloudy. at the end we didnt win but it was great fun. also the girls made a fantastic animation with a great set. they came second out of the whole of the town. it was fantastic. since then i have been mad about making a animation and i have come up with my character and its all going well. i need to get some of the characters done and the start of animating will be around april. its hopefully going to have sucess. i wish the best to you in your world of animation and if you start animation look at our tips. i also will say if you animate make it neat and on the cover and description make it so there is no spelling mistake. as jordan said its great for us living in the same area and i hope you enjoyed reading this. well good luck in the new year and hope you get into animation as much as nick, harry

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 26th 2007

In October 2005, I saw Curse of the Were-rabbit and it instantly inspired me to be an animator. At our Christmas talent show that year I made Wallace and Gromit models and did a puppet show called Curse of Santa Claus with my friends. I loved doing it and I got good feedback from my classmates. This was when I had realised that I could make up stories that were action-packed and humourous. But I was quite annoyed that I couldn't tell one that was long and that had special effects. That's where it drove me to animation. Then in round about the start of 2006, I did a W&G puppet show in front of my whole school (I think. Maybe some primaries weren't there)called Attack of the Rats. Once again, animation had proved itself better than puppet shows. So then, I and my friends sent a letter to Aardman in October 06, and was sent one back in November 06. Since then, I have investigated CGI and stop-motion. I hope there were no spelling mistakes and that you enjoyed reading it!;)

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs23/i/2007/360/5/7/Sketches_Drawings_And_Designs_by_JordanB1.jpg

Heres my Collection Of designs , drawings & artwork from years gone by

conty Posted: Dec 26th 2007

aahh that was a disappointment, i thought for a second we were going to get to see some of your drawings and artwork, but its just a pic of folders, can you take some pics of your artwork, you dont have to post your ideas of your movies but maybe something that your not working on, or a pic of one of your models that you dont mind us all veiwing:)

Yeah, show us your artwork!:)

conty why not get a deviantart account?

conty Posted: Dec 26th 2007

never heard of it, what is it?

http://www.deviantart.com me and harry are on there

Where are you on it? And what happens if you have a deviantart account?

you uplaod your artwork and you can fav other peoples

Cool.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.