Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum
Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 22 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 22.
Anton1 Posted: Dec 29th 2007

Does anyone know what kind of armature Wallace has because from what I've heard it's just a basic wire armature.

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 29th 2007

I don't know either. I'll be checking back on this forum as well!;)

cavor Posted: Dec 29th 2007

Wallace & Gromit have full ball & socket Armatures according to one of Aardmans books.
Similar to one mentioned in this thread.
http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/1638#message_16629

mrpianokeys Posted: Dec 30th 2007

you can use metal armatures but don't forget to wrap it with cloth tape it helps the plastsicne to stick well the to the armatures;)

Wensleydale cheese Posted: Dec 30th 2007

the bunny is furry but they stick the fur to it

Anton1 Posted: Dec 30th 2007

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll keep in touch.

conty Posted: Dec 30th 2007

i use masking tape to cover up my armatures, that works well;)

Mark the shark Posted: Dec 30th 2007

Why do you put masking tape on it anyway?:D

because i make my armatures out of electrical wire, the plastercine doesn't stick to the wire, it kinda slides around otherwise;)

Right. Where do you get masking tape?:D

any hardware store like B&Q, focus or homebase:)

cavor Posted: Dec 30th 2007

I think when professional armatures are being used P.T.F.E plumbers tape is used, it allows for movement on the joints also it stops any reation between the plasticine and the armature, conty's on the right track I have used masking tape before which does stick well to plasticine.

You can get masking and P.T.F.E tape From most DIY centres

Wow, fast reply, Conty! Thank you. I think we're on this web at the same time. Thank you, Cavor!:D

ahh thanks cavor, i didnt realise there was proper stuff to use, il get some, thanks, oohh my uncles a plummer maybe he might have some in his plummers bag!!!!;)

jordan Posted: Dec 30th 2007

very handy then conty :)

well i guess it might be, i might ask him tomorrow night (were having a party) il ask him if i can have some when hes had a few to drink!!!!!;)

lol he might wake up to find his bag been raided hehe

nahh hes cool, he'll give me some, he spoils me:) though if hes drunk he might give me a tenner too!!!hehe

sorry but a tenner doesnt cover much when making models uncle lol ;)

conty Posted: Dec 31st 2007

any gifts greatly received!!!! as they say look after yer pennies and yer pounds will look after themselves!!;)

jordan Posted: Dec 31st 2007

i think down down to about £12.00 lol

Anton1 Posted: Dec 31st 2007

I do have a load of cloth tape and I have covered my armatures in it and it works really well.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.