Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 63 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
Josephine Posted: Dec 30th 2007

So, Top Bun is a play on the title of that Tom Cruise film Top Gun.

The song in Top Gun was "Take My Breath Away"...so, will our favourite bakers and confectioners-to-be
( & ) have an ice cream van-type jingle that goes: Take my BREAD awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!" as part of their dough to door delivery? In Cob We Crust...

conty Posted: Dec 31st 2007

josephine thats a great idea you should of posted it in the production video blog bit;)

jordan Posted: Dec 31st 2007

well said conty :)

Josephine Posted: Dec 31st 2007

Thanks, Conty and Jordan! Like you, I love sharing thoughts and ideas on the forum with genuine and equally enthusiastic & fans. I'm heartened by the feedback - whether it is positive or whether it makes tumbleweed whoosh across the windy, barren landscape. P'raps I should have done what you have advised, Conty - it didn't occur to me.

Have a Happy New Year and keep up the grand work! :)

conty Posted: Jan 1st 2008

happy new year to you too josephine;)

squigly Posted: Feb 2nd 2008

How did I miss this thread? Thanks to Cybergurl, this thread has gotten new life.
:)
Fantastic idea, sock-eye. Somehow, when I see Top Bun, I think of a Head Rabbit, leader of the group type. Top ?

This is off topic, but your MONDEGREEN idea reminds me of a local joke that goes: What do you call a lady with a stuffy head cold? Chicken nut bread (Translate: "She cannot breathe" - say it without breathing through your nostrils, as if you had a cold.) teehee:D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

Why, Cybergurl?! It's not like you've really helped at all.:-|

Josephine Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

A Head Rabbit, squigly! Cracking idea! A top BUNNY ! A delinquent rabbit would be Thugs Bunny...a rock and roll rabbit would be jive bunny...a rabbit with severe sunstroke would be a hot cross bunny ... a comedy rabbit would be bunny ha-ha ... the possiblilities are endless...

I was thinking about what the Almighty Aards might do with ... he could be a 1970's detective like Sam Tyler in Life On Mars. Something goes terribly wrong with 's Mind Manipulation Machine, gets transported back to 1970's New York and he meets up with Starsky and Huggy Were Rabbit (as opposed to Huggy Bear), the copper's nark/grass. A remake of Starsky and , perchance?

Cybergurl Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

Oh,Josie,you are such a kidder,not much exiting going on for me,so I haven't got much to say about anything. Anything new with you?

squigly Posted: Feb 4th 2008

hahaha...I was wondering where you were leading to with that flashback to the 70s. Very clever (almost typed cleaver but that wouldn't be good).:O

How about, on a rabbit's calendar, everyday would be bunday. Never on a Sunday, a day, a Tuesday....

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 5th 2008

It's pancake Tuesday! I have just finished eating my pandake with chocolate sauce. Hmmm.:D

Fish Posted: Feb 5th 2008

Now it is my turn to say tha YOU are lucky! All our pancake suppers were canceled!:'(

Josephine Posted: Feb 6th 2008

Never mind, Fish! There's always next year, chuck!

Cleaver? Oh, yes! Some baddie runs through the mean streets of Manhattan after with a meat cleaver and starsky traps him in his wooly cardigan!

Good one, Fish!

Sock Eye Salmon

Oh, the Mammas and Pappas could sing a rabbit song...

No, not Bright Eyes!

BUN-day, BUN-day
so good to meeeee. la laaaaa la la-la la....

A bunny rabbit calendar might go from 12 months to 122 months...if you know what I mean! Buns all the way...

etc.

A panda-cake, Mark the Shark?! Either your local bakers or your mum's very clever with the food colouring on those pancakes/pandacakes...especially with chocolate sauce....

Dribble, dribble, dribble!

>:-)

squigly Posted: Feb 7th 2008

Panda-cake...eats shoots and leaves. (munch, ka-pow, swoosh);)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 7th 2008

What happened, Fish!?!:O

Fish Posted: Feb 7th 2008

You mean about the pancake suppers, Mark the shark? We got so much snow that every church within an 100 mile radius canceled their pancake suppers!:-( I always look forward to the Shrove Tuesday activities.

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 7th 2008

Oh, crud for you, eh!:O

cinders1 Posted: Feb 7th 2008

didnt you make your own fish?:) not fish pancakes!!!! just didnt you make your own? ggeeesss fish pancakes yuk what a thought!!!!:O

Fish Posted: Feb 7th 2008

My grandmother used to put a tuna and cream sauce concoction on waffles for dinner. I never gagged, but it was not exactly my favorite. She was lots of fun and a wonderful cook, and I never complained out loud. 0:)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 8th 2008

I love pandcakes!;)

squigly Posted: Feb 9th 2008

you did it again, Mark. As Josephine asked, "A PANDA-CAKE"???? 8} harhar!!! (pancakes doesn't have a "d" in it)|-)

Fish Posted: Feb 9th 2008

Squigly, people who can only think of one way to spell a word are lacking in imagination!8) Besides, for all we know, every Scottish lad dwelling in Mark the shark's space/time continuum spells pandcakes that way due to local custom and pronounciation!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 9th 2008

Thanks Fish. I am (well people say I am, including my teachers) the top speller in my class but I've never been able to spell pandcakes!!! ARGH!!:D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 9th 2008

PANDCAKES!!!! NOOOOOO! I DID IT AGAIN! I mean pancakes!!!:D

squigly Posted: Feb 9th 2008

I thought it was cute the first time Markie Sharkie wrote it. Had the imagination going on about black and white cakes with huge eyes and bamboo shoots and leaves sticking out of its mouth.:) It's after the second time I realized that's how he spells it!:D Got a good chuckle!!!

anti-pesto Posted: Feb 10th 2008

thats funni well done! yes you should post it to the video blog. It's a cracking idea!

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 10th 2008

Hehehe! Good one Squigly!:D

Josephine Posted: Feb 12th 2008

I agree, anti-pesto! Mark The Shark - you are on to a winner there with that "happy mistake" !

Many great things have happened because of a mistake - remember, to err is human!

Josephine Posted: Feb 12th 2008

...even for a Shark! Tee Hee! 0:)

acyoud Posted: Feb 13th 2008

Can not wait must watch NOW!!!!!:D

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 13th 2008

Yes, a happy mistake!:D

Fish Posted: Feb 13th 2008

Hi Mark, Josephine, squigly, ant-pesto and Cinders! I was feeling out of sorts!:-( But then as I thought about panda cakes and a happy mistake, the sorts returned to me!:) I am revived - sort-wise, that is! Thank you all!!! In closing I'd just like to say.....

sssssssppppppplllllllaaaaaassssshhhhhhh!!!!!!!

squigly Posted: Feb 14th 2008

I'm baaaccckkkk...again. What did I miss?

Fish, you were out of sorts? I hear that has a Sort-O-Matic machine that puts you right back into sorts. Give it a spin, shall we? SSSSSWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOLLLLLLPPP-BBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...... Hey, you're back!!!!!;)

Sock-eye, I understand it also sorts out all the mismatched socks. Maybe you'll find the odd sock for your other eye, perhaps?|-)

Ready for a swim, anybody? SSSPPPPLLLLLOOOOOOOSSSSHHHHHH!!!

Fish Posted: Feb 14th 2008

Thank goodness Wallace invented the sort-O-matic! 8) When one is out of sorts, how DOES one sort themselves out??? Having no sorts, it is quite impossible!:O
But here I am, a living testomony to the inventive genius of our dear friend 0:)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 14th 2008

Here I am! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Here I am! In the water!;)

Josephine Posted: Feb 14th 2008

Fish - sorry to hear you have been out of sorts. I hope you are OK!

Have a liquorice Allsort! AND a mintball!

That way, when you're out of sorts you will have plenty to choose from! ;)

's sort-o-matic has patent pending. Press a button and your desired sort will descend to the slot. There!

Tee Hee!!!!

Sock Eye Salmon

PS: My mum is on the mintballs to soothe her sore throat... she's on the waiting list for her new supply of sorts...

cinders1 Posted: Feb 14th 2008

fish, didnt you say you where having your sister to stay with you and she was poorly with shingles? i hope thats not what you had!!!!! glad to hear your feeling better now though;)

Fish Posted: Feb 14th 2008

I LOVE liquorice all sort! Brilliant idea!:D

I don't have a sister - with or without shingles. But I do have a dear friend who is just getting over them - they are no fun at ALL! :-(

Anyhow, thanks for asking. I am quite well now that I've got a solution to my sort problem!

squigly Posted: Feb 14th 2008

Glad to hear you're no longer short on sorts, Fish.

cinders, my sister is the one who's down with the shingles and she's arriving tomorrow! her doctor told her that she isn't contagious. hope he's right or else there'll be a plane full of people getting it!

cinders1 Posted: Feb 15th 2008

oooppps sorry guys got it mixed up!!!! anyway im glad your back to sorts fish!!!!!
squigly, hope your sister enjoys her stay with you, lots of catching up and shopping!!!!! i would of loved to have had a sister;)

squigly Posted: Feb 15th 2008

She's three years older so she can get bossy at times. But she's only here for about 3 days...flies back to California on Monday. She's flying in because my dad turns 90(!!) this month and we're throwing a dinner for him on Sunday, about 30 people. Not sure if there'll be time for shopping. cinders, did you have any brothers? Sounds like your present household is all males.

i am the only girl!!! i have 9 nephews, and 1 brother, but hes dead cool, but i have lots of shopping friends and girlie times so im ok, thats why i said that i wanted a girl dog!!!!!another female in the house, but thats not really worked, cause shes so in love with my husband, she cant leave him alone for one minute and shes bigger than me:O so i get pushed out quite alot!!!!but i like being the only girl in some ways, everyones always made me feel special;)

squigly happy bithday to your dad, isnt he doing well!!!!!:O my grandad lived untill he was 97 so you may have many more precious times yet with your dad, enjoy every moment;)

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 15th 2008

I've got a three-years older sister. And she is quite annoying sometimes. Although mostly we get along. :D

squigly Posted: Feb 19th 2008

Hi cinders and MTS. Spent the last 3 days preparing party things, then recuperating from preparing the party things (today was a holiday here - some dead president's birthday).

cinders, 9 nephews? all your brother's boys? You weren't kidding about being the only girl! haha...I think your dog wants to be the only female in the house! well, you sound like a pretty cool mom so it's no wonder you get the special treatment!|-)

Thanks for the birthday wishes for my dad. Everyone says he looks pretty good for 90. I think he enjoyed himself. I created a game to give away the table decorations. I found old photos and surfed the internet for pictures of things and activities that he enjoyed doing throughout his life then printed them up on these little cards with captions. After the guests had a chance to look at all the cards, everyone picked one. Whoever had the card that matched the ones my dad picked out of a bag, won the table decoration. My dad was touched by the old photos and pictures. My sister and I pulled off this dinner without him knowing about it. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed himself being surrounded by family.

Sharkie, it's a good thing that you and your sister get along for the most part. Makes it so much easier when you live under the same roof. Doesn't sound like she's interested in stop motion and animation like you. Do you share any similar interests with her?

anti-pesto Posted: Feb 19th 2008

i am back! sorry i was doing a bit of chroma key with Wallace & Gromit. hi fish!

squigly Posted: Feb 19th 2008

Hi anti-pesto. What's chroma key?

conty Posted: Feb 19th 2008

hi squigly sounds like you had a good time at your dinner party, and mum is cool but sometimes its not good when your mates fancy her!! ssshhhiishhh!!! talking of brothers and sisters my brother was playing with my set this afternoon and made his first animation, not bad either!!! gonna have to keep my eye on him!!!!:O

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.