Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT PRESENT: A WORLD OF INVENTION

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 29 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 29.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Sep 4th 2009

Aardman Animations has been commissioned by the BBC to produce a brand new live action show featuring Wallace & Gromit.

Wallace & Gromit present: A World of Invention, will take a light-hearted and humorous look at real-life contraptions, gadgets and inventions and aims to inspire a whole new generation of innovative minds by showing them real, but mind-boggling, machines and inventions from around the world that have influenced Wallace’s ‘illustrious’ inventing career.

woi.jpg

The show will be broadcast from Wallace’s basement, where he has created what he considers to be a ‘state of the art’ TV studio. Each episode will have its own ‘theme’, including Flying, Communication, Water and Space, and will made up of live action segments about real life inventors and inventions, with animated Gromit working on World of Invention links by Wallace and Gromit themselves.

The series is expected to broadcast in late 2010, but make sure you sign up to our newsletter for all the latest news, direct to email inboxes, on a monthly basis!

kieran Posted: Sep 4th 2009

This looks so cool have you got any more pictures or is it top secret.

Purple&Brown Posted: Sep 4th 2009

I signed up to the newsletter, I cant wait for it!

jordan Posted: Sep 4th 2009

oh cool more pix more pix more pix lol thanks katie

iantimothy Posted: Sep 4th 2009

Please get it in the US!!!!!

Michael2008 Posted: Sep 4th 2009

omg yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back again! im so glad! thnx katie

wonderfruit Posted: Sep 4th 2009

I agree with the previous comment . . . make sure this makes it on BBC America, okay? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

uggybugger Posted: Sep 4th 2009

This is great news! I hope it is carried on BBC-America! or the 'public broadcast' channels. We Yanks miss our Wallace and Gromit over here!

dachappell Posted: Sep 5th 2009

how are they going 2 do live action?

number Posted: Sep 5th 2009

wow!!!! cool.

number

guitarherosucks Posted: Sep 7th 2009

Wow, looks cool! Also hope its broadcasted in Australia as well as US.....

W&GRule Posted: Sep 7th 2009

Wow looks great!!! :D:-(|)

kameatrix Posted: Sep 7th 2009

Will there be a Production Blog on the new show? I hope so...

Vidpal Posted: Sep 8th 2009
:-(

i don't know it kind of seems like a waste of time i mean what happens if Sallis buys the farm before you go back to Wallace and Gromit shorts/movies again because you spent those last years on a TV show the guy was 88 years old we might not hear him by the end of the shows season

Sammy the lamb Posted: Sep 8th 2009

By Live action Do you mean Live on Tv or previously recorded? Oh and I too hope there'll be production blog.
Oh and Vidpal, They record the dilog before animate, but they do need to write the scirpt first. Still, shaun's series took a long time to come up with...

Sammy the lamb Posted: Sep 8th 2009

And what's all this about peter sallis buying a farm? I seem to have missed that...

wgguy Posted: Sep 8th 2009

Buying the farm means to die, right?

Vidpal Posted: Sep 8th 2009

yes, i happen to care about that happening

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Sep 10th 2009

keiran - I'm afraid most of the images are under lock and key at the moment, we'll let you know when we're allowed to release more.

American fans - it's still very early in the production process so it's not been finalised in which countries the show will be broadcast, although I should think it will be a case of which stations want to acquire it!

Kameatrix - nice suggestion, we'll certainly keep it in mind for production.

Gromit lad Posted: Sep 10th 2009

Will it be on the same channel as what A matter of loaf and death? I'm american so would you have any idea what channel it might appear on...or is it unknown for now since its still in the making?....I WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!:-(

lad

ilkka Posted: Sep 11th 2009
:);)

kieran Posted: Sep 12th 2009

i found this pic on the aardman website.

Tiggs Posted: Sep 16th 2009

how cool is the bbc:-(|):D

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Sep 22nd 2009

The BBC rocks!

cavor Posted: Oct 7th 2009

Sockeye BBC rocks!.....dodgy foundations perchance>:-)

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Dec 2nd 2009

The foundations of the BBC are sound... check out its history. It's not without its faults and failings like any other company, except their errors are made public as it is a public funded broadcaster and accountable. I'm forever indebted to them for Vision On, Morph, and ,

, ... the list goes on. :D

kieran Posted: Jan 15th 2010

Is there any more news on the new wallance and gromit in ventions programme.

thomas121 Posted: Apr 6th 2011

In this show Each episode will have it's own theme. The series is broadcast in late 2010 and I get it's all episodes online on < link removed by EllieM- please do not post links to illegal download sites >

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.