Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » NICK PARK ON BBC 4 2NITE!!!!

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 64 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
Josephine Posted: Jan 2nd 2008

Ay, up! The Almighty Nick P is on BBC4 (for anyone with a digital telly etc.) talking about THUNDERBIRDS. I'm recording it to watch it later. Eeeeeh, he's a busy lad!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 2nd 2008

Thunderbirds! Thank you!;)

animationking Posted: Jan 2nd 2008

What Time Tonight

Ten past nine. More info is on www.bbc.co.uk/bbc4. Quick! Switch the telly on!

...I might have got the bit after the / wrong but the rest is correct. I wonder if they will do something about Joe 90? Cool show, cool music!

Well, what did you all think?

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 2nd 2008

I WATCHED IT! IT WAS GREAT! Oh, thank you for telling us! Thanks so much!;)

You are welcome! It would have been a crime not to have told you about it.

I enjoy these types of programmes because I LOVE finding out how things are done. Also, for any budding film maker, it gives an insight into how things were done and how they are achieved now. Thank you, BBC Four!

Nick P's contributions were priceless, weren't they?

Did you see the bit about the Thunderbirds play? They were the same guys that brought & to the stage, which was BRILLIANT!

Why not bring Thunderbirds, Joe90, Stingray etc back on telly? I know BBC 2 brought back Captain Scarlet a while back...but I wish they didn't airbrush the strings! They added to the charm!

Adventure Quest 111 Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

Ah man I didn't watch it !

Douglas Hart Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

i've got every episode of captain scarlet and thunderbirds

animationking Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

I Didn't See It Gutted I Wish I Did But My Dad Was Watching The Tv And Woudlnt Record It Or Let Me Watch It He Was Watching Something About World War 2

jordan Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

just watched the special just now t was very good, nice to see W&G rocket too :)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

It was great. I agree! Bring them back! Remember Nick Park said he fancied a person in one of the TV series!;)

he fancied maria from stingray :)

conty Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

hehe i know i watched it too, long before my time but it was interesting, i wonder if in 30 years someone who is very young now will say that they fancied totti, wendolene or piella, the mind boggles:O:D:D

windowleen? LOL , wendolene

conty Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

oopps sorry, ive been helping mum about the house, cleaning mirrors!!!! hehe

Josephine Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

To those of you who missed it, BBC Four might repeat it in the not-too-distant future. Keep your eyes on the TV listings pages.

UPDATE: All About Thunderbirds is repeated in the very early hours of Saturday morning. Get someone - or even yourself - to set the video/recordable DVD from 0245 to 0345 and make sure the date is 05.01.2008. Remember it is BBC Four digital channel, so you might have to make the necessary adjustments. After that, Stingray The Reunion Party from 0345 to 0415 on the same date. Good luck, everyone! :D

By the way, I'm relieved that the orange space ship from A Grand Day Out wasn't destroyed in the Aardman fire...or was it a replica?

cavor Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

Well done josephine I'll be setting my tape machine for that one
Thanks

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 3rd 2008

I think it was a replica because only the really important stuff escaped the blaze.

You could well be right, Mark the Shark!

Whenever I watched the Almighty Nick P talking to Danny Wallace when it was first announced that there was a new & film, there was another orange space ship behind Nick P near the Dalek. It was opened up and the dynamic duo were inside, rather like a small doll's house kind of thing.

My desk at home is a little bit like Nick P's - but more out of co-incidence than my deliberately copying the great man. I have a with an old-fashioned radio tucked underneath his wing that my mum bought me for Christmas a few years ago. I put him standing on top of my small globe of the world i.e. world domination etc. but he always waddles off :D I also have 2 & mouse mats - one was a present and the one I use now was bought at a bric-a-brac stall at my previous workplace - the money went to BBC Children In Need. I would be devastated if they ever went up in flames :'(

Getting back to the Thunderbirds documentary, I was trying to write about Gerry Anderson's live-action series Unidentified Flying Objects (last night, I typed the name of the programme - spelled with initials - tried to send the message and the moderator threw it back at me - something to do with swearing :O it was only when I deleted the initials that the message was allowed through. Strange!). Any road-up, I loved that programme. I even had the space ship with the missile attached - which always got lost in the carpet - and ended up using other things like matches with the heads cut off or they were spent ones. Ah, the memories! |-) I also loved those shiny purple wigs the women wore in the programme.

By the way - you are a good 'un, Conty, helping your mum around the house and Douglas...you lucky person, having the complete Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds! Class!

Cavor and Adventure Quest111 - I hope you enjoy the prog! I have double checked the listings for you. All the best!

PS: Animationking - it should be OK for you to set the video for the wee small hours...;)

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 4th 2008

I read about the blaze sum where http://www.toontalents.com/toonnewsaardmanfire.htm

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 4th 2008

Wow, Josephine you have a lot of Wallace and Gromit stuff. I've got an old collectors W&G tin but that's it.;)

cavor Posted: Jan 4th 2008

That swearing thing happened to me josephine, just before Christmas, what ever I did it would not let me post a reply
I just could not see why as I wasn't And would not swear, anyway had no problems since.
;)

conty Posted: Jan 4th 2008

ahhh me too cavor, and i didnt use a swear word either!!!

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Jan 4th 2008

hmmmm that's odd - it must have been our swear filter being over sensitive! If it happens again would you guys mind copying and pasting what you were trying to write into an email and send it to web.producer@aardman.com?

Josephine Posted: Jan 4th 2008

Yeah, it's funny because I wouldn't DREAM of swearing! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this problem.

Mark The Shark, I have collected & stuff for over a decade - in fact, since the merchandise first hit the shelves. My first one was a pencil case my sister bought for me. There are many stories about how I developed my collection...

When A Close Shave came out in 1995, Ty-phoo tea brought out a collection of small figures on the side of their boxes (I ended up with a lot of tea |-) so it is a good job I am a tea belly :wink:)

I was missing one and do you know what I did? I looked at every single box on display until I found but the tea and coffee isle piled up boxes of tea. I made sure I put them all back in order as quickly and as neatly as possible...that's important to remember when you are looking for things.

Oh, thanks, Katie! Happy New Year to you!

In spite of this, it is better that there is an over-sensitive filter...cracking advice!

Mark the Shark, treasure the tin! Keep looking in charity shops, car boot sales for collectibles. I found one for my collection at a flea market stall for about 25p!

cavor Posted: Jan 4th 2008

I have just flick through the cable remote to check on times of the Thunderbird progam that is on tonight and found 'All About Thunderbirds' is on twice first at 19.10pm to 20.10pm then later like josephine said in the early hours of the morning.
Happy watching;)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 4th 2008

Thank you very much Josephine. Alas, do you know where to get the W&G cups. I got them for Christmas 05. AND GUESS WHAT?! Some eejit breaks the Gromit cup! Do you know where to get a replacement. Yes, the swearing thing's happened to me too. I once said something about CGI and it wouldn't let me?!:D

Mark the Shark do you mean eejit as in eejit? I say eejit, too, as I am of a big Irish extraction to those who haven't a clue what we're talking about, eejit is an Irish/Scottish expression for idiot.

Any road-up, the mugs. Hmmmmmmm! I haven't had a & mug for ages. I keep looking out for them every Easter in the big shops (and small ones) hoping that there is a token choccy egg in them ... there's always this coming Easter (I know, I must not wish my life away!). Are they the blue stripey ones with W on one and G on the other as in "Were-Rabbit"? If they are the ones, I wish I knew where you could get them, too :D

I see you got yours for Christmas, so that throws the Easter connection out of the window. If we are talking about similar mugs, I'm sure they came with Easter eggs or something and the company responsible is called Kinnerton. I remember looking for them on their website and saw a picture of what I have described...and I could not get them anywhere! :-( but fear not! I am on the case...

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 5th 2008

Yes, they are the blue stripey ones. Yes, I'll be on the case too.:)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 19th 2008

This is well old now! Time flies, doesn't it!;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 19th 2008

Yes, indeed! I thought it went into the outer limits when other topics of discussion came up...hmmmmmmmmm!

Fish Posted: Jan 19th 2008

I thought my parents made up eejit to downplay the negative impact of being called an idiot!:O:O

Well...I gues that show you what an eejit I am!:D

Josephine Posted: Jan 19th 2008

You are not an eejit! You are a free person!!!!

(Am I the only one on this forum who remembers The Prisoner?)

Back to the mintballs...

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 20th 2008

Fish are you Scottish? I say eejit all the time!;)

Josephine Posted: Jan 20th 2008

Fish could be of - as I say in jest - either Scottish or Irish DIS-traction (instead of EXtraction, the term used when one is being serious).:D

Fish Posted: Jan 20th 2008

The "eejit" is my mother's term - which means it is from the Irish side of the family. I'm not sure if I've got any Scottish blood coursing through my veins.

Josephine Posted: Jan 20th 2008

Ah, that explains a lot, Fish! As Ireland is in close proximity to Scotland, there are close ties in many customs, sayings and expressions. Och Aye!

Fish Posted: Jan 20th 2008

My grandmother used to tell me I was "a wee bit fey". She said my grandfather was too...but he died before I was born....so I never got to know him myself.

squigly Posted: Jan 21st 2008

Fish...what did your grandmother mean by that?

policeman95 Posted: Jan 21st 2008

I idnt watch it but i wanted to

cavor Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

As this thread has a Thunderbird theme I'm posting a couple of pictures of a model Thunderbird Island I made for my son many years ago;)

Picture 1

cavor Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

conty Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

great job, its before my time as you know, but i did see it a few weeks back and it looks just like it:O

Mark the shark Posted: Feb 3rd 2008

Oh they are FANTASTIC, Cavor!!!! How'd you make him? What kind of metirails did you use?:D

cavor Posted: Feb 4th 2008

It was a combination of chipboard fine chicken wire stapled to the chipboard frame, Fibreglass (tissue) & Resin bonded together, some carved wooden parts then painted;)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.