Warning: PDOStatement::execute(): SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1449 The user specified as a definer ('aardman'@'%') does not exist in /mnt/data/hotwire/v1.8/libs/Forum/Message/Message.php on line 300 Wallace & Gromit - Forum - Latest News - Ask Your Questions to Nick Park!

Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » ASK YOUR QUESTIONS TO NICK PARK!

Oldest
Previous
1 23
There are 112 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Oct 12th 2009

Ever wanted to ask Nick Park a question? Now is your chance!

As you may know, the 4th of November marks the 20 year anniversary of Wallace & Gromit - and what better excuse for a celebration?

As a special opportunity for members of wallaceandgromit.com we're giving you the chance to get your question answered by Wallace & Gromit creator Nick Park!

To enter, simply submit your question below. It could be anything - from how Nick first got into animation, to who his favourite character is, or even what cheese he is partial to - it's entirely up to you!

Once entries have closed we will select 20 of the most cracking questions, which will be answered by Nick in a special on-screen interview, due to be released on the 4th November on www.wallaceandgromit.com!

You have until 11:30am (GMT) on Monday, 26th October to submit your question below - good luck!

ilkka Posted: Oct 12th 2009

ok

Cameronl Posted: Oct 12th 2009

I've already had him Answer a question of mine on Blue Peter!:D

dan14 Posted: Oct 12th 2009

what is the best thing to start animating and how can you do it?

mr joe kidd Posted: Oct 12th 2009

dear nick iam a big fan
where did you get insiration for w and g from
was it a amily member or a friend.
mrjoekidd

Purple&Brown Posted: Oct 12th 2009

Can you enter more than once? ( thats not a question for nick )

GromitxFluffles Posted: Oct 12th 2009

Are you planning on bringing Fluffles back? Or at least thinking of making a Gromit and Fluffles spin-off series. It'd be really cool of you did. Please? :D

Purple&Brown Posted: Oct 12th 2009

Heres mine:

What other hobbies do you enjoy doing other than directing and animating?

And if you can enter more than once:

If you could be any wallace and gromit character, who would you be?

Gromit lad Posted: Oct 12th 2009

Dear Nick Park,
I was browsing around on the internet and there was a topic about you planning on making a sequal or second Wallace and gromit movie. Is this true?

lad

ryster102 Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Nick,when did first get into animating????

greer Posted: Oct 13th 2009

have you ever ben to N.I

Jimmy P Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Hi Nick,

I've always wanted to know how the cooker got up to the moon, and why is it coin operated?

p.s. I remember going to see you at a show in Sheffield cathedral in 1995/6 it's one of my best memories and inspired me to study animation at university :)

Harry Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Hi Nick

What's the Sheep's fur made from?

gatorbutt Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Wallace is an inventor> Will he ever invent a time machine?

pwot Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Nick

Making W&G seems like a long boreing process, taking shots one frame at a time. Do you ever wish you were just dome with a project?

Pat

BridgetSF Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Do any of your characters embody your own personal traits, habits, foibles, tics, etc., and if so, who and what?

kieran Posted: Oct 13th 2009

which wallace and gromit animation is your favourite and why.

jordan Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Dear Nick Congrats on 20years of W&G, Would you like to animate Wallace & Gromit Again, And What Would You like to animate W&G doing?

AdGaine Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Does javascript:ins('') Wallace have a history. I always thought he may have flown a Spitfire in WWII or something, maybe it's because he reminds me of my grandfather!??!?

Cris_2009 Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Nick, have you ever thought about giving up on working with animation?

horar Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Why wasn't "A Matter of Loaf and Death" released widescreen in the U.S.? Wallace & Gromit have millions of fans in America (after all, we gave you all those Oscars!) but all we have released stateside so far is a pan and scan version of W&G's latest adventure. It's still wonderful, but would be 50% more wonderful if we had the images cut off on either side of the frame restored.

MarkusL Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Greetings

Which things in making animation you want learn more and develop?

AniManga Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Hi Nick, I'm a massive fan and have been since i was about 12 (i'm 32 now and have since studied animation as a result of my love for Aardman films). A lot of what you do is very dark - almost Film Noir. What director has influenced your work most?

kameatrix Posted: Oct 13th 2009

What is it that encouraged you to take a career in animation, what tips would you give to anyone doing it and can you tell us more on A World of Invention?

MoonGoon Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Dear Mr. Park,
I really appriciate you donating such an icon to the film world in the form of "Wallace and Gromit." Thank you so much for what you have done.

What would you say is the greatest advice you have ever recieved in regards to animation?

Thank you for your time. And I can't wait for the next "Wallace and Gromit" film. P.S. I loved "A Matter of Loaf and Death!"

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Oct 13th 2009

To the Almighty Nick Park - many, many congratulations on 20 years of & ... I've loved them since the beginning and always will. A huge thank you ... more than words can say.

I remember the bit where you went bird-watching on 'The South Bank Show' a few years ago. I love birds, too - especially owls! Apart from flightless birds like penguins and chickens, what's your favourite flying bird?

God bless and much love
Sock Eye Salmon (aka Josephine)

Jpfx75 Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Is there going to be another feature film for Wallace & Gromit in the near future, or another Chicken Run Movie,or even back story, on Wallace & Gromit taking Shaun the sheep to the Farm?

W&G_lover Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Will there ever be a wallace and gromit game for the nintendo wii???

CassiexD Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Dear Nick Park,
I am currently doing an art foundation at univeristy and next year hope to get onto a degree course in animation. My main area of interest in animation is stop motion and puppet making (obviously linked to Wallace and Gromit, huge fan, love making the sculptures.) Unfortunalty i have heard, and worry, that the industry is difficult to get into and i am just wondering if you have any tips or anything that will help me get into the industry of stop motion and puppet making... obvioulsy would love to work for Aardman....

Thanks,
Casssie.

kldceltic Posted: Oct 13th 2009

what year did you start animating and ????????????????????

kldceltic Posted: Oct 13th 2009

see if we winned katie will you announce the winners on the email

crisbel Posted: Oct 13th 2009

Hi Nick¡ I´d like to know if your´re thinking of put a foreign caracter in your new movie. We love W&G here in Argentina :-X

anthony12584 Posted: Oct 13th 2009

To: Nick.

I love the W&G Series. Have you ever have any problems with any related Wallace and Gromit projects?

Shermanshead Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Hi, I live all the way over in the Northwest of The US.
I've been a W&G fan for years. My first experience with W&G was "A Grand Day Out." On PBS. My question is:

Have you ever considered making an underwater adventure for W&G?

Maybe it could be called "The Revenge of !" or something like that, but anything would be great. I've loved everything you've worked on, even the Cheveron TV commercials. Keep up the great work!

ronel Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Good day Mr Park
When you pass away one day (like we all do, so there is nothing new or scary about it) what would you like your grave inscription to say? Keeping in mind that people will come from all over the world, so it has to be good.
Thank you
Ronel

Nyree Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Dear Nick,

I am a huge fan and have a room in my house dedicated to my W and G collection, a shrine if you like! Throughout your films there are lots of references to other films which have presumably influenced your work. What is your own favourite film (not necessarily limited to your W and G films!)?

Nyree

puthayalai Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Hi Nick ;)

I'm a HUGE fan from Melbourne! I'd like to ask you about when we would be seeing W&G movies (or any movies from Aardman)? ... Thanks :)

Cheers,

June>:-)

Zayin Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Nick,I'm a Chinese W&G fan.So my English wasn't so good.But it won't stop me to love Aardman.
I know that there is two movie making by Aardman.I wander will you and your team come to China to agitprop the movie.there are lot's of Chinses like Aardman and W&G.If you comes to China,we can buy you cup of tea,haha.
My Chinese name is 周洋,when you comes,call me.

wandgfan21 Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Hi nick,
First of all i would like to say thank you for creating the wallace and gromit films and i have really enjoyed your work for many years. I love wallace and gromit for their britishness and yet still those overseas enjoy it which is something not many films can do.
I enjoy the Wrong trousers the most, but how did you get the idea of having a penguin as the main villian? It works brilliantly but why and how?
Thanks from Callum McDonald.

Pali Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Hi Nick,

What was your inspiration behind W&G when you created it.

jordan Posted: Oct 14th 2009

hi Nick, with 3D technology Becoming Popular with animation films and films in general would you like to see, wallace & gromit or another aardman production using the 3d effect? , like Coraline?

concon Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Hello Nick Park !!!

When did you decide you want to animate and did you want to have any other jobs as a child ? I want to be a actor but I also like to animate ! I have been a fan since I was 3 years old ( not very long ago ) and just wanted to say thanks for being my idol and for creating Wallace and Gromit ! I love them so much I done a project on them in school . Once again thanks !

£$T!KT0K

cyp Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Do you base your characters from wallace and gromit on people you know?

PERSONAL DATA REMOVED BY SEB

gromitsbuddyinginventor Posted: Oct 14th 2009

Dear Nick Park
I can never model Gromit's feet. His toes always end up looking like sausages or stumps! How do you do it?
From gromitsbuddyinginventor

skalouis Posted: Oct 14th 2009

how did you think ofand?

pixiechick Posted: Oct 14th 2009

I live in Canada, will the new movie Of Loaf and Death be released here?
Please tell me there is more in the future for my favourite twosome...

Gromit 007 Posted: Oct 15th 2009

I have 2 questions. First of all. How far do you move a puppet to make the animation look smooth? And secondly. What animation software would you recommend (mac compatible)?

Gromitfan8 Posted: Oct 15th 2009

I am 58 but have passed on my love for Wallace & Gromit to my grandies. Pippa - 7 and Jack - 4. Jack is sold on having crackers and cheese for snacks, and my soft toys of Wallace, Gromit, Preston & Shaun are an obsession with him. I have to have many adventures with Jack and the 'crew' or things go pear shaped.

We live in Australia, but the subtleties of your animation have always delighted me, and my late husband. Now, I'm sure my grandchildren will remember the 'Close Shave', 'Grand Day Out' and the Wrong Trousers' for many years to come. I've always loved art and animation and was fascinated with W & G long before my grandchildren were a twinkle in their parent's eyes.

Happiness and love,
Adrienne

Clay Fighter Posted: Oct 15th 2009

"Dear nick.You have been my BIGGEST inspiration to start animating.Who was your inspiration to start animating and how did they have an effect on you?"

pritam Posted: Oct 15th 2009

Hi, Nick, I'm a fan from China.
After watching all series of Wallace&Gromit,I have found an interesting thing: all problem is primarily made by many small cute animals.Like that penguin hijacker in The Wrong Trousers, the rabit trouble-maker in The Curse of The Were-Rabbit, and also the sheep trouble-maker in A Close Shave.I bet you like animals a lot. And I bet you are forgiving towards mess made by animals. You keep pets? You treat them like your sons or daughters? Does the film suggest that you have your pets made many troubles for you as that for Wallace? Do you sometimes refer Wallace to yourself when making your animation? Or you're more like Gromit?

Replies to this thread have been disabled

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.