LATEST NEWS » "WALLACE & GROMIT - THE COMPLETE COLLECTION" AVAILABLE ON DVD NOW!
The eccentric cheese-loving inventor, Wallace, and his faithful dog Gromit first burst on to our screens in 1989. To celebrate their twentieth anniversary, all four smashing adventures from the four-time Academy ® Award winning director Nick Park are available for the first time ever on one DVD.
The disc includes:
A Grand Day Out: Wallace likes a nice bit of cheese with his crackers, so when he finds his fridge empty and the local cornershop shut for the Bank Holiday, he is forced to look further a field for his cheddar. Gromit is used to his master's flights of fancy but this time his ears prick up with excitement because our two heroes are about to blast off in their home-made rocket on the ultimate day trip - Wallace and Gromit are off to the moon!
The Wrong Trousers: Its action and laughter all the way as our stars are plunged into a hilarious tale of skullduggery involving an extraordinary pair of automated trousers and a villainous penguin. Posing as an innocent lodger, the fiendish fish-eater sets about recruiting mild mannered Wallace as an unwitting accomplice to his dastardly plot - a diamond heist with a technically advanced, trouser-inspired difference. It is left to the faithful Gromit to turn detective and save the day as malice and mayhem culminate in a breathless train-top chase - around the sitting room!
A Close Shave: Trade is booming for Wallace and Gromit's Wash'n'Go window cleaning service and love is in the air as Wallace falls for the owner of the local wool shop, the lovely Wendolene Ramsbotom. But Wallace has a new invention - a Kinit-O-Matic machine - and adventure looms: sheep are being rustled, wool is in short supply and Wendolene's malevolent pooch is on the prowl...
A Matter Of Loaf And Death: Wallace and Gromit have opened a new bakery – Top Bun – and business is booming, not least because a deadly Cereal Killer has murdered all the other bakers in town. Gromit is worried that they may be the next victims, but Wallace couldn’t care – he’s fallen head over heels in love with Piella Bakewell (Sally Lindsay), former star of the Bake-O-Lite bread commercials. Can he save his master from becoming the next baker to be butchered?
20 years on, the clay animated duo haven't lost their appeal, with their latest outing “A Matter of Loaf and Death” becoming the highest rating TV show of 2008. Packed with extras, this fun-filled animation collection is perfect for the whole family.
The complete collection is available from all good entertainment stores, or order your copy online from Amazon UK now »
spotted this in HMV today shame theres no new extras though
it looks great but the title is misleading; without COTWR and the cracking contraptions, its hardly complete!
It's on my xmas list anyway!!
Same here GLB!
Ive already got them all.
Thats a good point Gromits Lil Bro !
Just picked this up on Blue Ray and it is fantastic! All the cracking contraptions are hilarious as I have never seen them before. I finally was able to see "A Matter of Loaf & Death"...I cant believe I had to wait a whole year to see it but it was well worht the wait.
ma maw saw that in hmw thats on my christmas list
What's the point in bringing this out when they are already out seperately?
I own this on Blu-Ray.
I would like to buy the "Complete Collection" on Blu-ray, but now I'm stuck with several questions:
There is an UK release and an US release of the "Complete Collection" available, but information about these seems to be contradictary. The US release seems to be Region-Free, so there would be no problem of playback on an European Blu-ray player.
- According to some web-sites the US release has several Bonus Features (e.g. Audio-Commentaries, 10 Cracking Contraptions) which are not mentioned on the UK release.
- The US release seems to have changed a song on "A Grand Day Out".
- The UK release seems to have changed the original aspect ratio of "A Close Shave" (1.66:1) to 1.78:1 which means that the image has been cropped left and right. I don't know, if this is also the case on the US release.
- The US release has changed the original frame rate (25 fp/s) to 24 fp/s.
- The US release seems to have slight image aliasing on "A Matter of Loaf and Death", which does not occur on the UK release.
I would really like to buy the buy the "best" version of the disc available incl. all Bonus Features on Blu-ray!
My questions now regarding the two Blu-ray releases:
1. Does the UK release also include the Commentaries and the 10 Cracking Contraptions?
2. Do the UK and US releases both include the original song of "A Grand Day Out"?
3. Is it true, that the image has been cropped on "A Close Shave" and is this true for both the US and the UK release?
4. How good is picture and audio quality on the US release? Can it be noticed, that the frame rate has been changed and is the image aliasing really visible?
Many thanks in advance for your help!
Are the films on the new DVD the remastered editions, or just the original?
i got it
there the original on the dvd
Login to post a comment
Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.
Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.