Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » A SPECIAL EVENING OF WALLACE & GROMIT AT THE BRISTOL FESTIVAL OF IDEAS!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 11 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 11.
KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Nov 26th 2009

As a celebration of 20 years of Wallace & Gromit, the Bristol Festival of Ideas is holding full evening of discussion, clips, fun and debates surrounding the eccentric inventor and his dog.

festofideas.jpg

The event, which is being held on 3rd December, has been created in association with Aardman and will feature many people who have worked on the Wallace & Gromit films. The evening will look at the ways that the Wallace & Gromit films have effected British and international culture, as well as what influenced the characters.

Appearing to talk about the past 20 years of the inventive twosome will be Sir Christopher Frayling, former Rector of the Royal College of Arts and Julian Baggini, who will be looking at the pair from a philosopher’s point of view. Andrew Kelly from the Bristol Festival of Ideas will also be involved in the evening.

The evening is being held on 3rd December 19.00 – 21.00.

To book your tickets for this cracking evening of fun, contact @ Bristol on 0845 4586499, or visit the centre from 9.00 – 5.00 on weekdays. Tickets are £7.50 / £6.00. For more information, visit the Bristol Festival of Ideas website.

Gromit lad Posted: Nov 26th 2009

Sounds amesome!
Well of course I can't travel across the world, I hope they post viideos and pictures!

GromitxFluffles Posted: Nov 26th 2009

Cool! Will Nick Park be there?

Purple&Brown Posted: Nov 26th 2009

Just what I was going to ask! ;)

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Nov 26th 2009

Oh, how I wish I could be there! I, for one, would like to hear what the RSA and others have to say about our beloved chums.

It would be great if both the ANP and Brian Sibley were guests ;)

concon Posted: Nov 28th 2009

Looks good. Sadly I can go. :-(

Can I just ask what RSA and ANP mean ?

Is ANP Amazing Nick Park ?

Purple&Brown Posted: Nov 28th 2009

ANP is Almight Nick park, I don't know what RSA means.

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Nov 29th 2009

RSA is the Royal Society of Art, which is a prestigious establishment in the UK.

Purple&Brown, go to the top of the class - ANP does, indeed, stand for the Almighty Nick Park...

:D

kldceltic Posted: Nov 30th 2009

i cannot go either:-(:'(

Purple&Brown Posted: Dec 1st 2009

Hehe, thanks sockeye!!

Gromit lad Posted: Dec 2nd 2009

Well its today! Whats happening? i wish I could be there....even tho i posted a few hours early... Will there be a news crew there? I'd like to see how crowded it would be there!

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.