Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » PERMANENT - SECTOR 43 UPDATE THREAD.

Oldest
Previous
1 234
There are 178 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
shaun the lamb Posted: Jan 5th 2010

Sorry my old one was lost in time...
Ok here the pitch:
EVERY SINGLE LAST MODEL AND SET I made for food world got melted/destroyed in a move...
But I HAVE been able to make new Sector 43 models..
For those of you who do not know what Sector 43 is Read below:

Sector 43 Is a clay mation about an alien race "Valaxians" who had a war centuaries ago... their leader was killed (by his own brother who wanted power) and "Valgarian" the new Valaxian leader has declared humanity as "Vermin whom destroy a perfectly good planet" Valgarian really just wants to rule the universe.

An attack on a U.S.M.C base in Tenesse ends in massive destruction.
The U.N's response was making one huge army of all earths armies united, countries at war with each other had to under stand that they needed to cooperate or be destroyed with the rest of humanity.
Sgt. Pual McCreary finds him self in command of an assault on a base the Valaxian soldiers where setting up so they could make tanks and Anti Air defences.
I don't want to spoil the rest for you but I've got some pictures of models I made.

A Valaxian soldier.
(Males are blue females are silver and infants are green but they get blue or silver spots as they mature)

Oh I forgot the most important thing:
This is set in the year 2056..

Clay Fighter Posted: Jan 5th 2010

isnt there another important thing to mention STL???
(Hint hint)

Jamie Gomersall Posted: Jan 5th 2010

Sounds AWESOME! Can't wait!

Ah yes sorry clay fighter, I would like to give a HUGE thank you! to cf!
He helped alot with ideas for the plot and the looks and skin colours for the Valaxians, aswell as ideas for their home world.
He has helped a HUGE deal in all my animations to be exact!

aww thanks,
i didnt mean to come out looking pushy, if i did

ben 2 Posted: Jan 5th 2010

awesome but they look heaps like halo

no offence ben but if that is so, avatar looks heaps like halo

The helmet was inspired by halo yes but the rest was from me...
Lots of games and movies use HUBS and by the way..
Halo copied off of an old game called Star Ship Troopers...
as for the aliens they look nothing like the elites, the elites have black skin and their mouthes split in to four sections.

Avatar has copied Fall out 3 and Halo (game wise and still Halo movie wise) some of the aircraft look alot like the Hornets and many other aspects of it...

I'm just working on a new marine and weapon now, pictures soon.
(Each charector takes atleast 3-4 hours to make depending on the detail)

as it should!

shaun the lamb Posted: Jan 6th 2010

DARN IT I RAN OUT OF GREEN!
Well here is Corpral.Ronson so far, he is meant be 19years of age, if the sorry in this shot you can't see arm detail but I have given him muscular effects in his arms...
PREFERED WEAPON:
ML3S Shotgun

Clay Fighter Posted: Jan 6th 2010

woah, he looks cool!

Thanks! Just wish I had a bit more green he would be done!

ben 2 Posted: Jan 6th 2010

im not saying it in a bad way it just reminds me of halo thats all :P and any way i was complimenting that it looks so good it looks like hal u know what i man(i bet you don't)

Halo is epic, no offence taken!

crackingtoast Posted: Jan 6th 2010

Well,Halo Is Really Typical A Bit Of A Genre Of Kinda Sci-Fi/War Stuff. So Alot Of Things Are Similair To Halo And Halo Is Similair To Alot Of Things. It Also Rules. Though Halo 3 Is The Best. Halo: ODST Is A Bit Two Warrish With Two Much Of A Backstory.

Gromits little bro Posted: Jan 6th 2010

is this a gaming forum?!

ODST...I was sooo disapointed, it's so repetetive the same old running around in the dark on the same map for about a few minutes of epicness here and there.

haha!
NO.
this is for sector 43 updates, lets try and keep it that way

No GLB, but still we are discussing how this animation relates to certain games.

Wow,I'm Sorry GLB. That's Not Off-Topic. I'm Explaining How Sector 43 Relates To Halo! What Is Wrong With You Guys! You're Doing It Again!

huh?
wait, are you trying to say that i am framing you for off-topic posting?
because im not.

I only made that comment as some users may feel excluded form the discussion and because it getting a tad sidetracked going into which editions were better etc.
And CT it wasn't just you and i'm not having a go at you it was a general point.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR ARGUMENTS!!
Especial not on my thread! Please lets just stop arguing and discuss more about sector 43
;)

yes exactly!

so, when does official filming start?
or are you just going to start when everythings done, and not set an official date?

I'm not setting an offical date that was my mistake with lenny then I rushed it and it well sucked..
I'm gonna take it nice and slow do the best I can and when it's all perfection I will start animating.
Anyone got ideas for a new marine?

maybe a rather wimpy man, who only got on the army because his uncle is in charge?

I know you haven't played halo but in halo combat evolved there are like these U.N.S.C guys who are wimpy and they scream "Oh god get me out of here!" "We're all gonna die!!" "Oh gosh no!! this must be a dream please please this is not happening!" stuff like that, good idea!

thanks!

No prob.

Any other ideas for marines?

Nope no more ideas?

what about a hippy soilder,who,all the time,while they are fighting,tries to stop the war.

Purple&Brown Posted: Jan 6th 2010

How about a fat one which dosen't fight but just eats

True, and all the soldiers keep asking him "why the heck did you join the army if you want peace!?!" and then he'd say "chillax bro I joined the army so I could totaly spread my campaign of peace through out the military, HUG AN ALIEN DUDE!"
But I'd have him as a reserve not an actual soldier, nice idea! ;)

I'd have a fat one just eating cheease burgers watching the rader in an air base, nice idea p&b! ;)

Any ideas for viechles and air craft?

what about a hover car(with green screen like we discussed) that seems to do nothing and the hippy just drives around in it campaigning

Well I think that would be a bit too futuristic.
I want a sense of realism yet a bit sci fi.
And plans for the hippy would be, just him and the fat guy sitting around watching the radar and the hippy talking about how he didn't like all this fighting stuff.
As for greenscreen, I want to stay away from it as much as possible. I want to make as much as this wood wire painted card board and plasticine. Even the lazers.
However I did have plans for a hover SHIP, I'll show you all a drawing of it later.

Here it is the ML98 Drop Ship.

The real one will be made out of painted card.

shaun the lamb Posted: Jan 7th 2010

BUMP!!

shaun the lamb Posted: Jan 7th 2010

GETTING A TON OF PLASTICINE TOMORROW WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Clay Fighter Posted: Jan 7th 2010

woo!
new characetrs, can we expect to see?

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.