Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » MY WALLACE AND GROMIT ANTI PESTO MODEL

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 73 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
00Failure Posted: Jan 16th 2010

using the fantastic airfix model

first picture

my pictures arnt loading

Purple&Brown Posted: Jan 16th 2010

Try making them a smaller file size...

works! thanks p&b, heres the rest...

Amazing!! Surely to be another winner on the creations page! ;)

i hope so but i have entered it as this special version....a 3d one...

heres some other projects im working on for an upcomming movie...'i'll be home for crimbo'
first of the island...

the house in progress...

this is an abondoned project that was awesome at the time...i think everyone should recognize it...

close up of the real working bake-o-lite clock....

Cool!! looks like lots of work has gone in to this, cracking job! :)

ajmole Posted: Jan 16th 2010

Wow! Great job 00Failure!

00Failure Posted: Jan 17th 2010

heres another unfinished model...

heres another unfinished one because my current movie is taking priority...

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 17th 2010

That's wicked!

concon Posted: Jan 17th 2010

The 3-D one isn't 3D, I tryed it with glasses. ;)

:O

strange, it should do, it worked with my red and blue glasses

Aardeej Posted: Jan 17th 2010

Great models!

before i forget i'd just like to thank everyone for there nice comments

How do you make the door and how did you make the stairs? :D

number Posted: Jan 17th 2010

those are excellent,love the wallace in his bed ,that must of took a very long time to do,
well done so far!:D

@ 666joshy666 the stairs were just card folded into a stair shape then stuck to the wall then coated in grey platicine and then covered in watered down black paint thats i wipe and smudge to create an aged effect. the door in the basement which i assume is the one you're talking about was just one piece of card painted white then another piece of card with the insets cut out of it stuck on top and painted white. the doorknob was just a ball of plasticine painted with aged bronze and then i stuck a white strip around the edge of the door to cover up the edge of the card and on the white strip i just added the lock details which was just a painted square of aged bronze with a little 3d plasticine cube stuck to it and painted bronze aswell.and again the door was lightly brushed all over and especially in the nooks to create and aged effect.
phew! that was mighty detailed:D
hope it helped;)
and thanks for your comment number

Yeah! That helped loads! Here are a couple of pics of my set so far. The set is Mr and Mrs Mulch's front room so I need to change the flooring:

00Failure Posted: Jan 18th 2010

ther're brialliant, cool to see what mr and mrs mulches house would of looked like inside:D

shaun the lamb Posted: Jan 18th 2010

Those look great guys!
00Failure you wouldn't happen to have any tips on making furutreistic looking Scfi Walls ect ect.. you know what I mean with the blue lights in strange shapes going down the over shiney white walls? Any tips?

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 18th 2010

Thanks 00Failure!

00Failure Posted: Jan 18th 2010

@ shaun the lamb- i've never tries it but id start of with some card and stick a variation of matt and shiny silver paper maybe make the whole wall shiny silver and then add some dull silver patches on the wall with some rivets drawn on to create a soert of riveted panel look, then start sticking some straws or wire of different thicknesses painted silver and stuck around the tops or bottoms of the wall for gas or oil pipes. prehaps add some low level lighting using LEDs which you could get your dad to add some resistors to them so it can be plugged into the mains electricity so you dont need batteries and the lights wont dim. then add some sort of domes on the wall made from spheres of plasticine cut in half painted silver and stuck on the wall and finally make the floor black with some thin card circles painted silver and stuck to the floor.
i know thats probably really difficult to imagine, although most animaters have very good imaginations, i thought i might aswell go the full length and draw a quick picture for you...;)
enjoy!

shaun the lamb Posted: Jan 18th 2010

Thanks for the advice! Thats exactly what I wanted to make!
:D

00Failure Posted: Jan 19th 2010

my pleasure|-)

00Failure Posted: Jan 24th 2010

just finished this today, i used the airfix model but i built my own wallace and gromit to go on it because i dint like the ones that came with it plus i added some lights:D

Purple&Brown Posted: Jan 24th 2010

Thats great!!

May I ask, For the basement set, how did you make the bricks, thanks?!

and just while im having a mass image upload
i thought i'd share these with you. i recently bought an old austin a35 van which was a bargin at £1,900 problem was that it was a rust bucket and so it went to our mechanic last august to be completly remade basically. but to this day work ahs only just begun on it (he's a busy mechanic) no ive finally picked the burgundy seats for it but theres is still tonnes of stuff to do on it but when its done i will furnish it with all of the real versions of the pest control equipment in the movie and even a hutch in the back containing a giant lifesize plasticine bunny from the movie in it. soooo exiting and it will be the best austin a35 in england according to my dad, it will be better than one that has come out of a factory so we will be sure to enter it into competitions.
but just before it went into the garage last year i had 2 sets of stickers made for it so i decided id put the first lot on it before i went....
(im still deciding on whether it should have all the butons and panels on the inside from the movie like: lasso, BV600 and light rain, heavy rain, heavy loam)
but anyways heres the pics before it went away...

forgot to say im actually going to get a triumph tiger club t100 bike like wallace and gromit XD. soo exited, ill post pics as soon as i get it!
might as well say that this is off the subjec but my dads getting a delorean for me, and it is my duty to make it a repica of the back to the future time machine.
and by the way in cas any of you are wondering i am only 15 soo i still have to wait a 1 1/2 years to drive them :(

Purple&Brown Posted: Jan 24th 2010

Thats a shame, it looks amazing!

666joshy666 Posted: Jan 24th 2010

Yeah, unlucky. Like P&B said, how did you make the bricks?

thanks people,i always wanted to write a book on all of this stuff that you usually have to go on a wild goose chase on the internet to find but never do, like how to make eyes, roof tiles ect.
but enough of my ramblings. heres a step by step on masionary...

1: cover a thick sheet of card in brick coloured plasticine, you can experiment with different colours to get the one you want but i generally go with red, brown, black and purple.

2:using a pencil or ballpoint, my preference is a pair of nail clipper scissors from a christmas cracker 2 years ago, kinda gross but by far the best. but using the tool of your choice create the simple brick pattern.

3: the messy bit now... water down some air dry clay to create a sludge and wipe on the walls so it goes inbetween all of the bricks and fills all of the gaps. one that is done get a damp sponge and wipe the wall over to get rid of excess sludge and just leave the stuff inbetween the bricks.

4:once dried get my personal favorite out, the watered down black paint (101 uses). with the pain wipe over lightly to create an aged effect and occasionally colour and entire brick in for realism.

and thats it, my own recipie for walls.
enjoy

00Failure Posted: Feb 7th 2010

hers some more pics of some 2 vehicles that are soon to be finished... the first few are of a ford model T truck and the wooden back is split into two halfs so it can fall apart to reveal the submarine...

00Failure Posted: Feb 7th 2010

still needs the finished touches like headlights ect...

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.