Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » LET'S TALK ABOUT SOCKS!!!!!!!

Oldest
Previous
1 23456
There are 1360 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
Josephine Posted: Jan 10th 2008

Hi! I have a collection of & socks! I'm crazy about my sock collection because they are either brightly coloured or have cartoon characters on them.

But my favourites are ... &

Fish Posted: Jan 10th 2008

Wow...you have sock collection too??? I own about six different pairs of W&G socks. My favourite is a pair that has the dynamic duo dressed in their Antipesto blue hats.

Josephine Posted: Jan 11th 2008

I hope you don't mind me asking but which shop did you buy them from? When 'Were-Rabbit' was out, I looked all over the place for W&G socks connected with the Were-Rabbit theme...I looked on the local market stall, Tesco, M&S, BHS - even my friends went looking for them on their travels...do you reckon I missed a shop?!!?!!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 11th 2008
:D

Where can you get them today?

Fish Posted: Jan 11th 2008

I got them from eBay. I couldn't find them anywhere else either. I haven't seen the Were Rabbit ones again since I bought my pair. If I do, I'll let you know.

Harry Posted: Jan 11th 2008

I Got Some When I Was A Little Toddler, There W&G Red Bed Socks!

Thank you, Fish!;)

:)

You are very welcome, Mark the Shark!

Fast reply!:D

:)

One of my nicknames is "Kid Flash"

Okay, Kid Flash. I'll try to remember to call you that.;)

|-)

Thank you very kindly, Fish/Kid Flash Harry, & BEDSOCKS!!! Cool (or should I say warm as toast?) Bedsocks are great for keeping my feet warm at night (and my Gromit hot water bottle). I still have the socks from A Close Shave (I used to save wearing them for special occasions - that's why they have lasted so long) and some that generally feature the characters. I stock up when the market opens...

I was surprised that, when 'Were-Rabbit' was released, there were surprisingly few related items like t-shirts and socks.

I'm surprised too!:O

:O

Me three! Surprised, that is. I don't even own a W&G t-shirt, and I really REALLY want one from Were-Rabbitt! Oh well....maybe eBay will someday have one.

I Would like a t-shirt of & too!

leopard Posted: Jan 11th 2008

Socks Glorious Socks what would we do without them Wallace and Gromit galore there is nothing else to them:D

I hope there will be some available for when TAM is on BBC One...and socks....and other things besides!

WHAT, LEOPARD?!!:O

leopard!

E - lastic-topped wooly ones, poly-ester and ny-lon
Striped legwarmers, bedsocks, too! You! must! try on!

Oh, socks! Wonderful socks! Warm-as-toast socks! Colourful socks!

GLORIOUS....SOOOOOOCCCKSSSS!!!!!

|-)

I'm glad I've finally found some people who share my enthusiasm for socks...especially colorful and cartoon and W&G socks!!

ENTHUSIAM FOR SOCKS?!:D

|-):O

YES!!!!!!!!!

animationking Posted: Jan 11th 2008

i dont have wallace and gromit socks

Yes, Fish! We are on a mission here! STAND UP FOR SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! SOCKS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially W&G ones.

I wore my Dennis the Menace socks today...I'm spoiled for choice. What do you think for tomorrow? Spiderman? Homer Simpson? & , perchance????

& sounds like the best choice to me, Josephine!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 12th 2008

Wallace and Gromit or The Simpsons! Woo-hoo! Not that I don't like socks I'm just saying it's not my favourite enthusiam.:)

Fish Posted: Jan 12th 2008

It's OK, Mark the shark. Different socks for different flocks! What I mean is, you are just fine the way you are...with your present level of sock appreciation. :)

Gosh, thanks Fish.:);)

|-)

You are very welcome!

Fast reply!;)

cinders1 Posted: Jan 12th 2008

think im gonna get myself some W&G socks, since ive been looking at this thread i keep singing silly songs about socks, thats josephine rubbing off on me!!!;)

Silly songs about songs. You should put it on a music sheet and upload it! Hehehe!;)

Well...I'd just like to say I'm chuffed to mintballs that someone else loves socks as well as I do!
8) And we COULD write some music and upload it. I wonder if that would count as a "creation" for the monthly contest...?

squigly Posted: Jan 12th 2008

Yes...and use W&G characters for the notes!

Cinders, I got that tune stuck in my head too. Was it from Oliver?

Josephine Posted: Jan 12th 2008

Eeeeeeeehhh! Fish!!!! I love what you said about "different socks for different flocks!" It made my day! My mintballs are also suitably chuffed to know that this topic has SOCKS!!!! Keep the faith! Give it SOCKS!!!!! We are not alone!!!! I even have Snoopy socks, London Underground map socks (so's I won't get lost on any visits there), Harry Potter socks, shamrock socks, Animal from the Muppets socks, Dog socks, bed socks, fluorescent (crazy coloured) socks, Taz socks, Daffy Duck socks, Bugs Bunny socks, Weakest Link socks, striped socks, Rocky the Rooster socks, spiderman socks, cuddly toy socks (kidding!) I even owned a SOCK HAT (rather like an oversized legwarmer for your head, tied up at the top! Trendy, eh? But that one disappeared :'( ) - my collection will keep growing!

Cinders1 - crumbs! Do I really have that effect on you :O ? Socks are worth singing about!

I agree with Mark the Shark, squigly and Fish! Sheet music with
etc as music notes! FAB idea!

Worry not, cinders1! Market stalls are good for the character socks...and you might just spot a pair or two of our heroes. Keep us posted if you do, eh? ;)

PS: I got up late today and I put my Snoopy socks on instead! D'oh! :-(|) And, indeed, the music IS from Oliver! The actual song is "Food, Glorious Food" and was written by the late, great Lionel Bart 8).

cinders1 Posted: Jan 13th 2008

no the one im thinking of wasnt from oliver, it was in the charts a few years back, here goes!!!!!

'lets talk about (socks) baby, lets talk about you and me, lets talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be, lets talk aaabbboooouuuuttttt socks, lets talk about socks',

if you figure the tune out beware it will drive you mad!!!:)

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 13th 2008

Yes, I'm sure it could go in the competition! All of us, Cinders1, Josephine and Fish and me and anyone else who wants to can join up and make a song sheet and put it on the competition as a team! ;) WOO-HOO! Go socks! Go socks!;)

conty Posted: Jan 13th 2008

hey mark, like your new avatar:)

Fish Posted: Jan 13th 2008
|-)

Cool, Mark the shark! I'll hop2it right away and work on some cracking lyrics or tune...or both!

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 13th 2008

Thank you Conty. Yes, Fish! Let's go!;)

You must have an amazing sock collection, Josephine!
My collection keeps growing because my family knows I LOVE wild, weird, silly, colorful socks. I have Hello Kitty "punk" style socks, frog with eyes that move socks, "runner girl" socks,socks with wings on the heels like Mercury, clashing stripe socks, snowman socks Christmas socks, Halloween socks, Gromit socks, Wallace socks, W&G socks, socks that sat "Yipes, more poor feet" (lost those :crying:) and Shawn the Sheep socks.

OH! I left of my "Flash" socks!:O They are red with a lightning bolt on them like the official "Flash" costume.|-)

squigly Posted: Jan 14th 2008

It's too warm where I live to have a sock collection. Well, most of the time. This week has been a bit nippy. I'd say it's dipped into the 60s. Brrrrr. Could use some socks right now. Maybe some "Fleece" lined ones!

Fish Posted: Jan 14th 2008

Squigley, you must live on a tropical island!:O It is about 20 degrees here where I am! But where I used to live, 60 degrees was what we got on a warm summer day!:D

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 14th 2008

Arr! The hotest I get is probably like 10.5 degrees celcies or something like that. I'll check it! But where do you get these socks collection! HEEEEEEELP!!:D

squigly Posted: Jan 14th 2008

Fish, I live in the middle of the "other pond" - i.e., the Pacific Ocean.

By the way, when I got into the car this morning, it was 67 degrees with a brrrrrisk wind. We're not used to this coldness!

Mark, I think Josephine mentioned picking up some of her socks at the store or market stalls. But have you tried online? Fish, any suggestions for Mark?

Fish Posted: Jan 15th 2008

Mark,I got a lot of my socks as presents, but the running socks I bought myself from a website call "Gizmo Socks". I run every day so I need what are called "performance" socks - and I was so happy when I saw I could get funny ones!|-) There is another website I've gotten socks from, but I haven't been there in awhile and need to look it up. When I find it I will post the name of the site here.

Mark the shark Posted: Jan 15th 2008

Thank you, Fish and Squigly. Very kind of both of you!;)

Fish Posted: Jan 15th 2008
8)

Mark the shark, the website is joyofsocks.com!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.