Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

LATEST NEWS » "A WORLD OF CRACKING IDEAS" EXHIBITION MOVES TO GLASGOW!

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 22 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 22.
katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 3rd 2010

Glasgow Science Centre announces new cracking exhibition: “Wallace and Gromit present . . .A World of Cracking Ideas”

crackingideas_glas.jpg

It was announced today that Glasgow Science Centre will be the first place outside London to host “Wallace & Gromit present : A World of Cracking Ideas”. The family-orientated exhibition, sponsored by the Intellectual Property Office, presented by Aardman Animations and produced by SGA, will open at the 5* attraction on Friday 2 April in time for the Easter school holidays.

If you don’t know about the setup: Wallace & Gromit are at the heart of the exhibition, guiding visitors around sections of their house (62 West Wallaby Street) and displaying how innovation contributes to everyday life through a range of interactive exhibits. Included in the line-up are some of the animated duo’s crazy inventions like the Tellyscope II, the Shopper 13 and the Blend-o-Matic.

From the kitchen to the garden shed, each room in the house will feature a different stage of the invention process and show visitors how they can protect their intellectual property through patents, trade marks, designs and copyright. There is also the opportunity for visitors try their hand at becoming an innovator by designing their own wallpaper, developing a logo for their own smoothie recipe and creating their own music along with trying their voice in the Karaoke Disco Shower.

Nick Park, creator of Wallace and Gromit said:

"It’s great to see the World of Cracking Ideas exhibition making its way from London all the way up to Glasgow. Inventiveness has always been central to Wallace's character and it is fantastic that Wallace & Gromit can excite young people about innovation in this way. I hope Wallace & Gromit fans in Scotland and Northern England will enjoy the exhibition in its new home."

For more information on “Wallace and Gromit present…A World of Cracking Ideas” please visit http://www.glasgowsciencecentre.org and http://www.crackingideas.com

jordan Posted: Feb 3rd 2010

GromitxFluffles Posted: Feb 3rd 2010

Cool. Will Nick Park be there?

Gromit lad Posted: Feb 4th 2010

I hope one gets moved down to the U.S.

kldceltic Posted: Feb 5th 2010

yeah it is near me:D:)

whoo hoo go katie u rock will you be there:O

concon Posted: Feb 6th 2010

I booked tickets already! :D

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Feb 8th 2010

Good thing, it opens on my birthday.

Sad thing, it's too far for me to go... but well done, Scotland, for the privilege of hosting it North of the Border!

Clay Play Posted: Feb 10th 2010

i working on getting there ;)

Clay Play Posted: Feb 10th 2010

hope np is there

concon Posted: Feb 10th 2010

My dad booked tickets the other day! :D

MotionMe Posted: Feb 13th 2010

to bad it's not in the US:'(:'(

skalouis Posted: Feb 13th 2010

can it come to manchester next

kldceltic Posted: Feb 17th 2010

un lucky motionme

me telled ma mum on tuesday about this well yesterday:D:);)

me going

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Feb 23rd 2010

I do hope the exhibition will come to Manchester, too. How about the Manchester Museum of Science & Industry?

katie Aardman Staff Posted: Feb 26th 2010

I don't think we have any news about where the exhibition will go next, but the good news is that it's travelling so it could be coming to you soon!

kldceltic Posted: Feb 26th 2010

katie will you be at the exhibition if i go:):D

ajmole Posted: Feb 26th 2010

Maybe you should bring it to Chicago in USA. I don't live there, BTW. Is that too far?

skalouis Posted: Feb 27th 2010

i live to far from glasgow:'( but a live neer manchester:)

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 8th 2010

Will it be also travelling in other countries apart of GB, Ireland and Scotland? For example Germany
:D

kldceltic Posted: Mar 16th 2010

we don,t know yet:)

Login to post a comment

No account? Register here

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.