LATEST NEWS » WALLACE & GROMIT IN NEW NPOWER ADVERT!
Wallace & Gromit are starring in their 3rd npower advert, which features yet another of Wallace’s cracking contraptions!
This time, Wallace has made his very own widescreen TV, made up of lots of small tellys cobbled together in true Wallace & Gromit style. Wallace is watching a scary film but this isn’t the only thing to be afraid of as he soon realises that his new telly has become an energy consuming monster!
The advert is the first to feature new character, Penny from npower. Penny helps by advising the pair on how to watch the amount of energy their household appliances are using, by using a free Smart Energy Monitor from npower.
Keep a look out for pictures of ‘Frankenwallace’ and ‘Dracuwallace’ on the wall as Gromit creeps up on Wallace!
The advert took 4 weeks to create. Here are some fun facts about its making...
• The scary film Wallace is watching, ‘Revenge of the Killer Watts’ was made at the same time as the rest of the advert was shot and features a haunted house built from foam core, an animatable door that slams open in the “we’ve created a monster” shot, and extra gravestones and trees for the foreground.
• The flying bats in the opening shots were produced by one of Aardman’s 2D artists and were then added to the TV footage.
• The smart energy monitor was designed to make it fit into Wallace & Gromit’s world. The real monitor looks very modern so it was “Wallace-ified” by being made to look metallic and given rivets.
• Aardman used 31 TV’s in the commercial that took a day to rig into position. Some of them had miniature lights built into them which helped them look more like working televisions.
• Gromit’s shadow as he walks toward Wallace with the smart energy monitor is in homage to the vampire film, Nosferatu.
• In preparation for the shoot Wallace was given a full makeover - his trousers were fixed, his tank-top repainted and he was also given clean teeth and new eyes. Gromit was also given a new nose and eyes.
Watch the advert here >>
Haha! How did they make a mini widescreen? Sounds impossible... but now its not...
i love the new advert keep them coming
Thanks for the info Kirsten - it's a great advert.
Awesome! I loveeeee W&G adverts! They are practically a whole movie in the space of 30 seconds.
there so cool
best n-power advert yet! i love all the homages and the widerscreen idea with several tv's was very clever
Wow, that advert is fantastic! Great!
Glad you like the new commerical - think it's one of my faves too!
Have you been on their new website too? I like how you can watch all the previous adverts in "Wallacescreen" format
I love the advert as well! haven't seen it on tv yet.
Just replayed it a couple of times to see what program they where watching at the end there
Oh, that's bad, you need to be 18 to take part in the competition.....but I've solved the question anyway
Yeah, I already saw every advert in Wallace Screen! Very nice, I think Wallace would like it....
Can we expect that there are some more adverts coming in the future? Maybe one, two new? That'd be fantastic
@Ursrut - I don't think they're on TV until April - there's an online exclusive first
@I love Bitzer - I believe there's more ads on the way, but not for a few months yet. I wonder what the theme of their next one could be?!
Great! I'm looking forward to seeing it.
hahaha just watched it very funny
Cant! Cant! Cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!
I counted 31 tvs...
I love it
This would be so cool if it was an episode or film, i love this advert.
seen it today on challenge tv
Great stuff, I love these commercials.
It was actually funny.
i wis embarresed when i saw it
i don,t know why
I get embarrsed when Im watching a programme I like on tv and my parents are in the room and the characters start nipping.
Login to post a comment
Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.
Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.