Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » THE AARDMAN PODCASTS

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 29 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 29.
KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 19th 2010

podcasts.jpg

Ever wondered how Aardman began? Or how the company became an award-winning animation studio?

Over on Aardman.com we’ve started uploading a number of Podcasts looking into the history the studio and we thought the animation fans on Wallace & Gromit.com might be interested in having a look...So keep a look out on this thread as we add each new podcast and feel free to comment on what you see!

Episode 1: The Early Days

Episode 2: The Birth of Morph

Episode 3: The Art of Lip Syncing

Episode 4: Dave and Pete meet Nick Park

Episode 5: The Move into Commercials

Episode 6: Making Feature Films

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 22nd 2010

Dear Kirsten,
I've seen the two podcasts with pleasure but now I'm wondering if the Podcast also could be offered aín iTunes as an iTunes Podcast. That would be great, so I could take it with my iPod everywhere I like.
Thanks,
I love Bitzer

wghtmf Posted: Mar 22nd 2010

cool

mmasonghi studios Posted: Mar 22nd 2010

neeto

Gromit lad Posted: Mar 22nd 2010

I never knew purple and brown were an aardman creation... always saw thm on tv, but nvr knew....... STRANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt evn see a lil Aardman thingy bopper thingy.......... well.................. HURRAY!

lad

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Mar 23rd 2010

I love Bitzer - we would really like to do this but we have to look into it firsst. I'll let you know when I hear more.

Gromit lad - yes, Purple and Brown is an Aardman creation, I love it! Have a look on here for some funny clips http://www.youtube.com/aardmancommercials#p/u/124/1_emsld_o5Y :)

I love Bitzer Posted: Mar 23rd 2010

Great! Hopefully it'll work :)

666joshy666 Posted: Mar 23rd 2010

I have been watching them and they are extremely interesting! I recommend them!

Gromit lad Posted: Mar 23rd 2010

Thanks Kirsten... let the Aardman animation feasting begin.... Eh, that sounds akward... Alrite, let the youtube video watching begin!

lad

wghtmf Posted: Mar 28th 2010

lad - I never knew Purple & Brown was an anything creation apart from a user!

Gromit lad Posted: Mar 28th 2010

Your talking about you didnt know Purple & Brown was from Aardman, or that it was just made by some other place?

Plus, I've noticed Aardman has written the title of their creations with a & if theres two creations together.

Wallace & Gromit : Purple & Brown

lad

wghtmf Posted: Mar 29th 2010

I mean I didn't know that Purple & Brown was a TV programme I thought it was just a user

Grumblefish Posted: Mar 31st 2010

I agree it should be on Itunes

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 8th 2010

Thanks Concon. What did everyone think? I love those early animations that came from real people talking. This episode from Conversation Pieces is a good one

I love Bitzer Posted: Apr 8th 2010

So those episodes are real stories? Or are they made in such way trhat it seems like real stories? It's very good, anyway =)
It's great what you can find at YouTube about Aardman....so many Morph films and all the other films....great!
Thanks for the link, KirstenW :)

I'm watching all the Purble&Brown episodes for now 15 minutes, I think, and can't stop laughting
:D
They are soo funny ;)

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 8th 2010

I love Bitzer - yes, all the recordings are real conversations in the 'Conversation Pieces' series. I think that's what makes them so good! I love Purple and Brown as well, very funny ;)

Yeah, there should be some more episodes! I just search the web if there are some DVDs you can buy with P&B on it
;)
There are so many funny things to find at the Aardman Commercials Channel of YouTube: I for example didn't know before watching some videos there that Aardman also makes animations as advertisement for big companies.
I've also watched the "Conservation Pieces" episode you've sent the link one time again, everytime I watch such an English film again and again I understand more: the connections of the film to the real live etc.!
That's great
:)

Purple&Brown Posted: Apr 8th 2010

Why thankyou KirstenW! |-) Tehe

concon Posted: Apr 8th 2010

They should bring back Pib and Pog! They are awesome!

womble1 Posted: Apr 10th 2010

if you type pib and pog it has got some of the videos on you tube

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Apr 12th 2010

There are some Pib and Pog episodes on the Aardman Darkside youtube channel, here http://www.youtube.com/user/aardmansdarkside#p/u/51/ta7VHKGuoJY if you want to have a look!

@Purple&Brown - lol! ;)

I love Bitzer Posted: Apr 12th 2010
>:-)

Now I know why those episodes are at the "darkside" channel of aardman

But they are great! Are they also made out of plasticine or out of the same material like the STS characters?
I'll now watch some more, thanks for the link Kirsten
>:-)

concon Posted: Apr 12th 2010

LOL, thanks Kirsten! Loved the X Factor one. ;)

boo315 Posted: Jun 4th 2010

new one's up!!!http://www.aardman.com/about-us/podcasts/episode-5-the-move-into-commercials/ is the one were are heroes feature!!!

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 4th 2010

Very cool Beans!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.