WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » FANCY A DELICIOUS BAG OF CYBER MINTBALLS, DEAR FRIENDS?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 36 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 36.
SockEyeSalmon Posted: Apr 21st 2010

Hello, my sweetest, dearest friends on this our beloved website! This is a note to let you know that I have not deserted you, thatI have missed you oh, so very, very much and I think about you all constantly - as well as the ANP, The Aards and W&G.

(I'm still sore for the ANP about the lack of an Oscar this year, but he'll be back ... and he'll mean business).

Healthwise, things took a turn for the worst in the past couple of months. I was ordered by the doctors to rest completely - which also meant having to be away from a computer for a while. Now THAT was a bummer!

However, I'm still resting because, although I'm feeling better than what I was, your friendly neighbourhood SockEye is not out of the woods yet and took this opportunity to write because I was desperate to drop you a line.

What an awful lot of catching up to do, folks! :O sigh!

You know, amongst my get well presents have been...SOCKS! Stripey ones, skully ones, Snoopy ones...unfortunately, no W&G. See you on the "Let's Talk about SOCKS!" thread very soon to push for more W&G socks.

Lots of love
Sock Eye Salmon

Nathan M Posted: Apr 21st 2010

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Clay Fighter Posted: Apr 22nd 2010

Sockeye!
You precious member of the forum, you have returned to us....
yummo!!
Thankyou kindly for the mintballs, they seem to taste better every single time!!
I hope your health condition is getting better and its not too serious!
Get betta soon:D

Ursrut Posted: Apr 22nd 2010

SOCKEYE my fishy friend, i am sooo pleased to read you again! Only the other day i was wondering where in the cyberspace you were!
I'm sorry to read that you have been so ill :-( and i hope to mintballs that you get better soon and that you will be able to join us regularly for our swims in cyberspace!

Sockeye have you read on the Sock Thread that indeed you can get wallace and gromit clothing items on the aardman website but no such luck on the sock front! i will be right by your side when it comes to the push to get those socks out! We need socks people!

Fish Posted: Apr 22nd 2010

SockEye!|-) I have been SO worried! I've been praying for you, dear friend - and put in a prayer request on the Lourdes website like you've done for me and for Ralphie-the-Wonder Dog. I am chuffed to mintballs and BEYOND that you are back among us. I will not let up on the prayers, though. It sounds like you may still need them.

wghtmf Posted: Apr 24th 2010

Hello SockEye. I've seen your posts but I'm not sure if you ever knew me.

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Apr 26th 2010

Dearest, sweetest friends! I am heartened,touched and encouraged by your posts. You lovely people, you! :D

Ursrut, dear fruit, we will give our campaign some serious socks. The ANP said that Harryhausen's animations "blew his socks off!" Well, if that isn't evidence that he wears socks, I don't know what is. Please, Almighty Nick Park! Please endorse more W&G socks for us, even if its for charity (all the more incentive for we, the socks-starved public, to buy them and wear with pride). I hope you are fine and dandy!

Fish, old pal! Thank you so, so much for the Lourdes prayer request. Lourdes is never far from my mind even at the best of times. Fish, your prayers brought that hallowed place to me. As well as the pilgrimage itself, I even recalled the day when the French shop assistant pointed at my t-shirt and yelled out with joy "Ah! !"

If I'm not mistaken, the last time I posted you had a health problem of your own to deal with. How are things now?

Here are some cyber cookie bones for Ralphie the Wonder Dog with lots of love from Nutmeg Blue!

wghtmf, I'm sure I've read your posts, too. We'll get along fine! ;)

Here are squillions of more cyber mintballs for you all!

Ursrut Posted: Apr 26th 2010

Sockeye the mintballs are DELLlllllisous! I am well thank you- i hope you are getting up on your feet and are a lot better.

I have an idea now- i'll just write it out now and say what you think. It is based on what you've just said.
What if everyone designed a sock whether it is done by drawing or by computer. Then the sock designs will all be collected together for sending with a small petition and letter about how we've designed these socks because we noticed a distinct lack of wallace and gromit socks on the market and it is definitely needed, even if it is for the grand appeal -some socks to go with the wacky trousers prehaps? and it could raise a fair amount of money if it is sold at the Bristol Childrens Hospital or the Bristol Royal infirmary ( where i got a gromit key ring as a present). what about it? anyone up for it? The Grand appeal is a great charity which the hospital greatly benifits from it.

Fish Posted: Apr 26th 2010

Sounds brilliant to me, Ursrut! :) I'm in - I'll start working on my sock design straight away!

SockEye - it's so good to read you again!|-) Ralphie the Wonder Dog LOVES the cyber cookie bones and asked me to thank you and Nutmeg Blue. He is sending a chewbone and a couple of doggie treats along to Nutmeg Blue a la cyberspace.

Thanks for asking about my health. I am doing pretty well now. The infection appears to be gone. I go in for another check up soon.

Did I tell you I have new hearing aids? Now I can actually hear the cardinals sing AND enjoy seeing them, too! I can hear my guinea pig whistle - everyone told me he did that, but I never heard it before. Music is wonderful!! I can hear the higher sounds...I don't have words to describe what it is like for me! |-):'( <= That's from joy, not sadness.

Clay Fighter Posted: Apr 27th 2010

oh, congrats fish!!!
Whenever i open my fridge, i hear the whistles of delight for hope of food from my guinea pig!

Ursrut Posted: Apr 27th 2010

Fish i am so pleased that you have got those new hearing aids it must be like a whole new world for you.

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Apr 27th 2010

That's fantastic, Fish, old pal! I'm chuffed to mintballs for you. May you hear only beautiful sounds and music to fill you with joy 0:)

One friend of mine used to take them off when he wanted to read a book, a newspaper, get on with some work - or get some peace and quiet! Sure, you have the best of both worlds! :D

wghtmf Posted: Apr 28th 2010

Nice mintballs.

Fish Posted: Apr 28th 2010

SockEye, hearing aids really do make dandy ear plugs if you turn them off! :)

kldceltic Posted: Apr 28th 2010

oh fish i still have the blocked nose:-(

hi sockeye

remember me:)

Fish Posted: Apr 28th 2010

I'm sorry to hear that, KC. I hope you get better quickly!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Apr 29th 2010

That's the spirit, Fish, old pal!

I remember you, kldceltic! Have you tried a decongestant gel for your blocked nose? Anything containing menthol and/or eucalyptus is great for relieving that distressing condition.

If symptoms persist, consult your doctor. 8)

Gromits little bro Posted: Apr 29th 2010

ha ha ha oh sockeye, you once again have cheered up my day which can only be decribed with inappropriate language. <3

I'm so pleased for you fish, you'll be able to hear sockeye sneaking up on you now!

Ursrut Posted: Apr 29th 2010

LOL GLB- Sorry to read you had a bad day- chin up chuck ;)

Fish Posted: Apr 29th 2010

I dunno, GLB - SockEye can be VERY sneaky!:D

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Apr 29th 2010

Sneaky? Moi? >:-)

Tea hee!

kldceltic Posted: Apr 30th 2010

haha very funny sockeye:):D;)

PoisonIvy Posted: Apr 30th 2010

SockEye, old chum! Sorry to hear you've been ill - and, from the sound of it, so has Fish! And so am I, though probably not so ill as you; just a mild staphylococcal infection.

SockEye! I hope you get better tremendously!

Fish! Have you been deaf, or at least partly so, your whole life that you could never hear music or guinea-pigs before? Or has it just been a while? Either way, I hope it's going wonderfully!

I hope both - no, wait, I hope everybody's lives are going wonderfully! Hello everyone! Even people I haven't met before! Hello!

Ursrut Posted: May 1st 2010

Hello, PiosonIvy haven't seen you on here in ages! Sorry to read you've had such a horrible infection.

Fish Posted: May 5th 2010

Thanks, Poisonivy - the new hearing aids ARE going wonderfully! |-)

To answer your question, I have hereditary progressive deafness. It's the same thing Beethoven had - minus the great musical talent. I've been completely deaf to the very highest pitched sounds for about 5 years. I didn't have a guinea pig before I lost that part of my hearing - so I'm hearing guinea pig whistles for the very first time in my life! :O:)

Bird song I used to be able to hear, and I'm now hearing again after a long, long time without it. I could hear music before, but it has been distorted because I could only hear the lower tones.

Thanks for asking - I expect I've given you too much information. Just chalk it up to my JOY being able to hear these things again.

thetopbun Posted: May 6th 2010

Yay! SockEye

Clay Fighter Posted: May 6th 2010

i love guineapig whistling!!

concon Posted: May 6th 2010

Anyone fancy a sock?

Ursrut Posted: May 6th 2010

great concon- should i add it to the sock collection of designs?

concon Posted: May 8th 2010

Okay. :P

Its not very good though. xD

Fish Posted: Mar 21st 2011

COME BACK TO US SOCKEYE!! Are you OK? The last I heard you were sick. Your last post here was 1 January 2011! I miss you SO much! :'(

And....well...I'm running out of mintballs! How can I be chuffed to mintballs if you are not around to keep supplying them?

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Mar 22nd 2011

Fish, old pal! I'm OK, chuck! I miss you, too! I'll send you and Ursrut a long-overdue message. Here is a spaceship load of cybermintballs...

How are you? How's Ralphie the Wonderdog? Nutmeg Blue sends you lots of licks and cyberbicks! I hope all is well and dandy with you...

I'll be sending you and Ursrut an emessage very soon.

A little bit of news. I had a near-and-yet-so-far moment a few weeks ago. My friend informed me of an opportunity to attend a workshop with the ANP and Victoria Wood. Can you imagine how that felt? Any road-up, he applied for us both... only to find that the workshop was overwhelmingly oversubscribed!!! :'( The disappointment was heartbreaking as I imagined 'sharing the experience with you' on our beloved site. Ah, but it was not to be... :'( For a few days, I was reluctant to come on this site... but I'm over it now!

I have been sick, it is true. I've been sleeping a lot and have been getting extra medication. On top of that, I've been pacing myself with another project. Taking my time with it.

Ursrut Posted: Mar 23rd 2011

Thanks Fish for bringing this up again, I have been wondering about Sockeye a lot as well.

SOCKEYE!!! I'm so very glad to read you!!! It's such a shame that you weren't able to attend that workshop with the ANP and Victoria Wood- I can imagine the disappointment must have been great and I hope you will one day get a chance to attend a workshop with him!
Sorry that you have been sick and I'm sure that the sleeping and medication will have helped if my experience of being ill for the past two weeks has anything to go by! And if so, I should hope you are recovering as well as I am now. No more quiet house >:-). Feel better soon.

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Mar 23rd 2011

Ursrut!!! Dear fruit!!!

Thank you for your kind words. I really miss you, my dear pals.

Indeed, having no place at the workshop was an awful disappointing blow - and the workshop was based a few miles 'Up North'. I,too, hope there will be another chance.

When I first heard about it, my heart lifted but you know what they say: plan is a 4 letter word.

I was going to get the W&G socks I wore to Cofton Park (when I saw the Pope) framed to give to Nick; I planned to tell Ms Wood that she played a blinder with her idea for the BBC drama "Eric and Ernie", about the early days of Morecambe and Wise. Ah, well.

I'm so sorry to hear you have not been well, either. I do hope you are pacing yourself and taking it steady.

It's a real pain being ill.

I hope you will get well soon, too. More power to you!

Fish Posted: Mar 24th 2011

SOCKEYE! |-) I'm so glad to read you that I'm chuffed BEYOND mintballs!

Other than my broken arm (long story, that) I'm very well. And my arm is healing up nicely.

Ralphie is an extremely happy doggie at the moment. The town we live in now has a HUGE dog park. We can legally let Ralphie off his lead. He runs and runs and runs - even though he is a wee bit "gimpy".

I'm so sorry about the workshop! That is hard.

How was the Pope's visit? Got any pictures you could upload?

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Mar 24th 2011

Hiya, Fish, old pal!

I'm sorry to hear about your broken arm. Thank everything that's holy that your arm is healing well.

It's great when there is a huge space for Ralphie to run around in. We can make allowances for his gimpiness, after what he's been through of late. One of the simple pleasures I love is watching dogs running freely in a park. It lifts my heart.

Nutmeg Blue is watching what I'm doing on the computer so I'm typing with one hand whilst tickling her belly with the other hand. She sends lots of licks and cyber biccies.

The Pope's visit is as vivid in my memory as though he was here last week. It'll be a long account - too long for this message board - but I'll type it out for yourself and Ursrut soon...

It was hard cheese about the workshop with Nick Park and Victoria Wood. The truth be told, I took it badly but I was not surprised that it was oversubscribed.

My fella was going to bring the camera and take a few snaps. With the BBC moving some departments nearer home, there might be another chance in the future. ;)

My fella still has the camera back at his flat and hasn't had the time to upload any pictures of Cofton Park himself ... even for my own photo album! I'll have to nag him into burning them onto a disc so that I can upload them for you and Ursrut. I'm dying to see them again, too.

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.