Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » SOCKEYE IS BACK!?

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 68 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
thetopbun Posted: May 9th 2010

I have proof! Look what I saw on the login messages below! By the way Aardman Staff the time scale is slightly off... But anyway, here is the photo which I took!

TTB/TopBun

Clay Fighter Posted: May 9th 2010

sorry to break it to you but...most people already knew!
she came back last week(or the week before) and posted on some of the threads;)

thetopbun Posted: May 9th 2010

OK... Thanks

SockEyeSalmon Posted: May 13th 2010

Hello, thetopbun! I've been very poorly of late...hence my absence for a while.

Great to see you, too, mate! :D

thetopbun Posted: May 14th 2010

Yes, I heard from Ursrut that you were poorly I really hope that you get better soon because I love to read what you write, as you actually use correct grammar like a few of us, rather than giong liek tis wer ti is rly anying!

Great to "see" you again!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: May 14th 2010

thetopbun, you are very kind indeed :D

thetopbun Posted: May 16th 2010

I have also been 'ill'... Not really I have just been on crutches, and still am!

crackingtoast Posted: May 18th 2010

I use correct grammar aswell,topbun. I HATE text languange. Lazy and Chavvish.

Clay Fighter Posted: May 19th 2010

i dont think text language is 'chavvish' but can be irratating when a whole sentance is constructed using text language.
although i use it sometimes, i try and avoid it

Gromits little bro Posted: May 19th 2010

i lyk h8 txt lnge cz lyk stpd. I hate it. Can't understand and sloes down my life and reduces my life expectancy.

kldceltic Posted: May 24th 2010

SockEyeSalmon Posted: May 25th 2010

thetopbun, I hope you'll be able to hang up those crutches very soon! ;)

nam man06 Posted: May 25th 2010

Howdy sockeye!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: May 26th 2010

Well, howjadoo, nam man06? :D

Fish Posted: May 26th 2010

How are you feeling SockEye? Any better?

thetopbun Posted: May 26th 2010

What fish said...

kldceltic Posted: May 26th 2010

hi fish:)

kldceltic Posted: May 26th 2010

sockeye look at that it tells you why ttb is using clutches:O

http://www.wallaceandgromit.com/forum/read/43662/1/2

Fish Posted: May 26th 2010

Hey, kidceltic!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: May 26th 2010

Hello, Fish, old pal! The road to recovery is a long one but at least I can get back to doing the work I love but at a reduced volume. How are you doing? How are your 'new ears' ? How's Ralphie The Wonder Dog? Nutmeg Blue also sends much love - plus cyber biccies and hot chocolate in a huge cup!

Thanks for that, kldceltic. :D

What a shock :O ! Oh, thetopbun! You poor, poor thing. Thank All That Is Holy the tumour was found out in good time. I pray that your recovery will be a very speedy one and - very important, this - take your time!

thetopbun Posted: May 27th 2010

I am! I am already walking about now! The recovery has been speedy! I hope you recover soon. I want to see more of you!

Fish Posted: Jun 15th 2010
:'(

Our beloved SockEye has gone missing again! She hasn't signed on since May 27 (my birthday, but I digress)!!!:O

Where ARE you, dear friend? I hope you are OK.

thetopbun Posted: Jun 16th 2010

^ Agrees... COME BACK!

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Jun 18th 2010

Never fear...Sockeye is here!!!! :D

The bottom line is...I've been very busy catching up with work, doctors, hospitals and though I have been told to pace myself, I still get tired. Nutmeg Blue sends lots of licks and biccie bones to you and Ralphie.

Sorry to have missed your birthday, Fish, dear friend! Many belated happy returns! I hope you had a very, very, very, very happy one, too! Did Ralphie get you anything - apart from a big soppy lick?! Was it a lovely day? Here are some belated cyber-mintballs for you to enjoy and cyber doggie biccies for Ralphie to enjoy, too.

How are your pins, thetopbun? Are you running rings around everyone yet?

You are all so very, very kind! I miss you too. As always, it's great when we can get a breather between business, eh? ;)

Ursrut Posted: Jun 19th 2010

I'm glad to read your post Sockeye! i was beginning to wonder if you were okay..

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Jun 19th 2010

As ever, it's lovely to read your posts, too, Ursrut, old friend! It's good to be back! :D

kldceltic Posted: Jun 19th 2010

welcome bck sockeye like ma avatar;)

Fish Posted: Jun 19th 2010

You're BACK, SockEye!:D

kldceltic Posted: Jun 19th 2010

like ma avatar;)

Fish Posted: Jun 19th 2010

SockEye, Ralphie asked me to thank Nutmeg Blue and to send lots of doggie treats and chew bones back to her.

Ralphie is a bit "gimpy" - one of his back legs must have arthritis because he limps a lot when he first gets up. No sign of the cancer he had last year - so far at least.

My birthday was great! My favourite gift was a W&G t-shirt from this website.

Are you feeling mostly well now?

thetopbun Posted: Jun 21st 2010

Yay! She is back... AGAIN! :) Yep! I have already done sport! A very quick recovery apparently... I really want your email so I can talk to you about more private matters with my life though because you seem like the one who will understand and might help me... You don't have to post it or whatever but I need your help Good to see you back old pal

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Jun 23rd 2010

Wowza, Fish, old pal! Nutmeg Blue says "WOOOFF" which means 'thank you' to Ralphie and she hopes his leg is OK. Would a little doggie vitamin/oil supplement in his food be able to help with his gammy leg? Do they do such things in the US? They do here in the UK. I pray that you and Ralphie will be OK.

I'm over the chuffed that you had a great birthday. Which W&G design tee were you lucky enough to get?

My birthday fell on Good Friday this year and I was ill anyway. So, a friend of mine treated me to see The Priests in concert at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester UK, as a belated prezzie. I met them afterwards. They are terrific, they are the real deal...and, boy, they are talented! I'm still on baby steps back to the land of the living, had a setback on Monday...but I'm on track once more!

Cracking avatar, kldceltic! :D How are you? Timmy and - the perfect combination! ;) I bet would score lots of goals for England at the World Cup with his soccamatic. My team isn't playing this time - Ireland - thanks to old va-va-voom himself, Thierry Henry! :'( 'nuff said!

Hi there, thetopbun, good friend! It is an awesome compliment you have paid me, I can tell you! The house rules on our beloved website state we can't exchange email addresses, which is perfectly understandable because our safety is Aardman's priority. I would really like to help you because I sense you are having a tough time at the moment - so, for starters, be assured of my thoughts and my prayers. Whenever I can't reach my friends with a warm hug or a broad shoulder, that's what I say. I hope it helps you 0:) at the present time...

Fish Posted: Jun 23rd 2010

SockEye, it is great to hear from you! |-) Like thetopbun, I'd love to have your email address. Lately I've wanted to check up on you since you've been ill so long.

I believe a lot of W&G friends value your comments - both the humourous and the wise. (Actually, some of your funniest comments have been fairly wise as well - and the other way around, too!:O:D )

I will ask Ralphie's vet if we can give him some of the supplements we humans use for arthritis. Thanks for the suggestion!

To answer your question, for my birthday I got the shirt with Wallace hugging Gromit and "hang on old chum" on it. It is my favourite present!

I'm glad your friend took you out for a good time in honour of your birthday! I've seen The Priests advertised, but have never heard them sing. I will try to find one of their albums.

Ursrut Posted: Jun 24th 2010

Sockeye, i am very much in awe that you got to see the priests! That is a lovely belated present for you friend to give you!
I agree with Fish, I really worry when i haven't seen a post of yours for a while, you don't know how happy it makes to see a post of yours; i'd probably go so far as to say it really makes my day knowing your are well enough to post on this forum! I Hope the next step is a toddler step and that you begin to start stepping in full human rhythm.

Fish poor old ralphie, i'm sure you'd be able to get something for old ralphie, my dad has filled a prescription for a horse of all things before, there was a dog as well if I remember correctly. Some of the stranger customers i think |-)

kldceltic Posted: Jun 24th 2010

am fne but i have a blocked nose:-(:O

thetopbun Posted: Jun 24th 2010

Maybe give a link to a website where you have your email address?
Fish it isn't necessary to chuck up!

Fish Posted: Jun 24th 2010

I don't know what you mean by "chuck up," ttb. Here in the USA we say "up chuck" - which means vomit. That's not what you mean, is it?

thetopbun Posted: Jun 25th 2010

chuck up means vomit in the UK... I thought you said you wanted to chuck up over SockEye but now I see it says check up ;) Did you edit it?

Fish Posted: Jun 26th 2010

I didn't edit it, ttb - it always said "check up". I would never talk that way to or about SockEye. :O

Meanwhile, maybe you need to have your vision "checked up" on! :D

thetopbun Posted: Jun 26th 2010

I know you wouldn't! And my vision is fine! :D

kldceltic Posted: Jun 26th 2010

i think fish is right ttb to get your vision checked out;)

Haha! Thanks for the support kld... I will NOT look like this -> 8)

Ursrut Posted: Jun 26th 2010

And what is wrong with looking like that -> 8) <- :O welll...:P
As for the question as to how ttb could mistake "check" and "chuck", did you know when you are able to read fluently then it doesn't matter which way round the letters are in the middle, you just read the first and last letter of the word? So i colud rgiht lkie tihs and yuo wulod siltl be albe to tlel waht i'm wirtnig. 8)

Haha! That is an awesome fcat Urrsut! I cna't bielvie taht atucally wrkos!

Ursrut Posted: Jun 26th 2010

I have to say it really doesn't work with long words though!

kldceltic Posted: Jun 26th 2010

i think i am right you need to get yours checked out if you cannot see some words:O;)

I can see the words, but that is more of a test of your IQ or were you still talking about earlier?

SockEyeSalmon Posted: Jun 26th 2010

Boys oh boys, people! I should have gone to Specsavers! 8) failing that, get a job as a soccer/football referee.

Firstly, whoever bought you your W&G tee, Fish, old pal, put a great deal of thought and consideration into your pressie. It's just the reassuring message we need to see in these troubled times as we take our doggies for a walk or go up the high street.

Ursrut and Fish - If you access YouTube, and type in The Priests (don't forget to put your 'ears' in for this exercise, Fish!), you can watch them as well as hear their songs(Ooops! Well, duh! I've just taught my granny to suck eggs). I did it for ages before and after I saw them and met them. Ave Maria and Pie Jesu being sung and recorded in Saint Peter's Basilica would bring tears to a glass eye and melt the hardest of hearts. Indeed it was an honour and a pleasure to hear them, Ursrut. I was a fan of theirs before their first album was recorded in 2008. How? I just love tenors and bass baritones because not only are they great singers, they are great gas (Irish for incredibly good humoured and funny).

It would be worth saving up to see them and I hope they are at a venue near you on their next tour. The royalties from their albums goes to various charitable causes close to their hearts, which is very reassuring. It's hard to imagine three priests driving Lamborghinis to their sick calls!

You are both very, very kind and I look forward to your posts, too and I also get concerned when I don't hear from you but always acknowledge you are busy with your work and hope you are OK.

As for contacting each other in other ways besides this, our beloved website, I don't have a Facebook or Twitter site or anything like that. The reason? Well, for a start, I don't fancy tweeting that I'm in the Co-Op lol - ing over a misshapen parsnip, telling the world that next door's rabbit is a North Korean spy or that the budgie at the local pet shop writes romantic fiction when the place is shut. Another reason is - joking aside - I'm very,very shy.

There's bound to be a solution... ;)

Ursrut Posted: Jun 27th 2010

As soon as i get a part time job I have a list of things i want to do and see with the money I'll earn, hopefully i'll get to see them :).
Sockeye- i find it so funny to see some of the tweets that get put out there- did you know someone tweeted in an earthquake of all times- that indeed there was an earthquake? My sister pointed this out to me.
Now solutions, solutions, solutions.... Youtube, you don't have to do much to sign up for an account and you don't need to put videos up- you could put all of your favourite priest videos into your favourites and start a collection but best of all, it does not give away your address and we can send mail internally to one another- you will get a notification on your e-mail account of choice when you do get an e-mail on there, so it will be like having your e-mail address, that's about all of the solutions i can think of :).

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.