Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » FAVORITE DISNEY MOVIE

1 2
Next
Newest
There are 91 messages in total. Showing messages 51 to 91.
sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Feb 18th 2012

yeah it is but toy story 3 was good however, they took out some characters such as RC that cute little car for no reason. They took out Etch but why would a teenager keep that? so i guess they had to take that out. Wheezy wouldn't have been wanted by andy so he was out too. But Bo Peep was my favourite character, i think she couldn't suvive daycare and escape, and the director said that he took her out because andy and molly wouldn't want her anymore. But maybe she could have stayed in molly's room as a minor character. But molly did not keep her Barbie so why would she keep a nursery rythme lamp? I could be wrong what do you think?

EmmyRed18 Posted: Feb 18th 2012

sheperdess Wendolene Posted: Apr 19th 2012

i guess so. one of my old childhood
 disney favorites is the little mermaid. grew up with it. i just saw the little mermaid 2. it's kind of just, well RUBBISH. it's the same thing as the first one just diffirent characters. you know what i mean? 

EmmyRed18 Posted: Apr 25th 2012

It's a tough call - I like all the animated movies. However, I think my favorite animated Disney Movie is Sleeping Beauty. I enjoy the fact that the score, including the songs, is taken straight from Tchaikovsky's beautiful ballet of the same name; also, I enjoy the rather obvious references to Christianity towards the end. Flora practically quotes a verse about the Sheild and Sword of righteousness from somewhere in one of Paul's Epistles.

My favorite CGI Disney/Pixar Movie is a tie between Up and The Incredibles. My main reasons for liking them hinge on the creativity of storylines and the amazing visual effects. I especially like Up because it came out shortly after a loved one who looked very much like Ellie (the elderly lady) passed away; the reminder that we still have lives and adventures to live even after tragedy was definitely a comfort.

My favorite live action Disney movie is, hands down, The Muppets' Christmas Carol. The songs are just so good, even taken apart from the movie; also, the humor and the sensitivity shown towards the timeless story. Also, It's the only version of the tale I've seen that has Charles Dickens himself in the story and telling it.

(For the record, my favorite animated movies of all time are Arthur Christmas and How to Train Your Dragon; neither are Disney, I know, but still two astounding and touching stories)

puppylove Posted: May 6th 2012

not really... a short of a movie is not a movie....

cheesehead302 Posted: May 9th 2012

I would give How to Train Your Dragon a 1/10 because i think the plot was hard to understand and it was cheesy.

harryboy8080 Posted: May 9th 2012

In my opinion, How to Train Your Dragon was one of the best films in the decade. The plot was so great, animation was supeb, and the score was beatiful.

puppylove Posted: May 9th 2012

that was disney? wasnt that dreamworks???

harryboy8080 Posted: May 10th 2012

Yes, it was. I know. I was just responding to cheesehead302's comment.

puppylove Posted: May 10th 2012

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... k :P

EmmyRed18 Posted: May 11th 2012

I love the score of HTTYD. I actually asked for (and recieved) it on CD as a gift this christmas. But I think my favorite animated movie to date is Arthur Christmas.

cheesehead302 Posted: May 13th 2012

Well, we all have an opinion, right?

puppylove Posted: May 13th 2012

yeah i guessa just be careful cause disney and dreamworks are very different

cheesehead302 Posted: May 14th 2012

Yeah, I get Disney and Dreamworks mixed up.

puppylove Posted: May 14th 2012

heres a tip so u dont forguet: disney sucks but drewamworks rocks! that y modo

heres a tip so u dont forguet: disney sucks but drewamworks rocks! that my modo

iantimothy Posted: May 14th 2012

What isn't to like about disney, especially classic Disney, the animation they were doing in the 30s and 40s is some of the greatest artistic achievments ever. Disney really focuses on their characters to make them absoultley real and perfect, something which I think dreamworks lacks.

yeah but that was BEFORE! today, they dont care about quality they only care about quantity and winning money! they even copy others ideas and act like its theirs! they keep coping movies to win money! that wasnt the walter disney spirit! they ruined disney by putting series into it!

iantimothy Posted: May 14th 2012

When Michael Eisner took over as the CEO he was all about the money, but now that Eisner is out of there and Bob Iger is the CEO they really are turning around and I think really making a comeback.

harryboy8080 Posted: May 15th 2012

I agree with Ian. Besides, even when Eisner was in charge, the movie's were still amazing and they didn't care all about money when it came to that. They were trying to get some money off of the HORRIBLE t.v. shows, though, but still, the movies are amazing.

harryboy8080 Posted: May 15th 2012

Besides, it seems Dreamworks is trying to get some money, making 5 films revolving around the Shrek story.

iantimothy Posted: May 15th 2012

I think they should just let Shrek go! The first one was good . The second one was okay . The third one was terrible . I didn't even bother seeing the fourth one .

Gromit5429 Posted: May 15th 2012

The fourth Shrek was   
if you know what i mean.

puppylove Posted: May 15th 2012

they said that the 2nd one was better than the 1st on a review or whatever and i like the 2nd movie! i didnt like shreck the third much but i though aurthur was cute... anyways, my point is that they had to contineu the story! it wasnt finished yet! now it is and the fourth one wasnt  THAT  bad, i liked better than the 3rd one. anyways, that still dosent change my opinion bout disney cause they made ALOT of garbage. well.. dreamworks made garbage too like bee movie and that mosquito going to the moon story... whatever, i think dreamworks is better anyways. i just HATE disney channel!

harryboy8080 Posted: May 16th 2012

Which is exactly why if they make a second How to Train Your Dragon I'm going to be enraged.

supercyberlumic Posted: May 16th 2012

i luv PIXAR incredibles, old? probably Pinochio

puppylove Posted: May 16th 2012

ok, pixar is al right in my books but disney alone NOT

EmmyRed18 Posted: May 16th 2012

@harryboy8080 Considering HTTYD is based off the first in a multi-volume book series, having a sequel seems to make good sense to me. 

cheesehead302 Posted: May 19th 2012

I don't care what anybody says, shreck is awesome. (My opinion)

puppylove Posted: May 19th 2012

cheesehead's words of wisdom

cheesehead302 Posted: May 19th 2012

YaY!!!!!! I got words O' wisdom.

puppylove Posted: May 20th 2012

yianni Posted: May 21st 2012

SHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREK
SHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREK SHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREK
SHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREKSHREK! 

puppylove Posted: May 21st 2012

JEZUZ! that ALOT of shrek!

cheesehead302 Posted: May 21st 2012

416 Shreck to be excact. 

? u COUNTED?

cheesehead302 Posted: May 21st 2012

Accually i counted down (32 rows) and counted across ( 18 rows I think, can't remember) and pulled up the ol' windows calculator and multiplied. 

why didnt u just do it in your head? this might sound weird but i kinnah hate the calcullator. if its something as simple as addition or multiplication i do it in the head!

yianni Posted: May 22nd 2012

Hey puppylove are you good at maths?

puppylove Posted: May 22nd 2012

yeah! i hate it, but im good at it.

yianni Posted: May 23rd 2012

same

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.