Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » GREEN ROOTS, EPISODE 4

Oldest
Previous
1 2
There are 80 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 50.
VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 25th 2010

Well, I am in the early stages of the next Green Roots episode! At present I have done a very rough script. I will be storyboarding and finalising scripts within the next two weeks. In 2 weeks time I should have a fully working script! I've got some big plans for the next episode!;)

Here I will keep you all updated on production!:)

Purple&Brown Posted: May 25th 2010

Great! Was waiting for this thread!! |-)

iantimothy Posted: May 25th 2010

Cool! So, are they staying in the garden or going back in the greenhouse.

mmasonghi studios Posted: May 26th 2010

Sounds COOL!!! ;):D:)|-)8):-(|)

Ursrut Posted: May 26th 2010

AWESOME!
cannot wait!

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 26th 2010

Thanks, staying in Garden definitely, much bigger and brighter!

Clay Fighter Posted: May 26th 2010

oooh. cool!!!
cant wait

iantimothy Posted: May 26th 2010

cool! Yeah i like shooting outside scenes better too!

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 26th 2010

Just out of interest please could everyone write down there favourite vegetable character from Green Roots!
Thanks,

iantimothy Posted: May 26th 2010

I like the Potato!

mmasonghi studios Posted: May 26th 2010

I Like the Pumpkin

Clay Fighter Posted: May 27th 2010

the peas!!
alos i like leek, but he is in a better place now.....

crackingtoast Posted: May 27th 2010

I like leek the best. It's a shame he's gone now. :(

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 27th 2010

Possibility that Leek may make a small appearance, unsure!?

Is it a good idea, return of leek or should he be left out?
8)

iantimothy Posted: May 27th 2010

maybe I am just being a stupid American, but what is a leek anyway??? I have never heard of it before "Green Roots"

I think he should have an appearance.

I always try to give the caterpillar an appearance in Beaver Creek

kldceltic Posted: May 27th 2010

haha i want to see another green roots:)

iantimothy Posted: May 27th 2010

hah, yeah I don't think we have those here.

Clay Fighter Posted: May 28th 2010

i think now that he has left it might look a bit strange for him to return... unless next time he comes shipped in a box, or something funny like that, :D

crackingtoast Posted: May 28th 2010

I think he should return. I would weave the episodes together because I found green roots 3,though it was utterly awesome,It was a big depature from the first two.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 28th 2010

100% agree with you CT! GR3 was defiantly very different to GR1 and GR2!!
It was a big step up, a lot of people preferred GR2 however I much prefer GR3 with the bigger set and more dialogue.
This episodes target is to get real good dialogue and audio as well as keeping the high standard of animation and the odd ''corny'' joke here and there.

I've done the 1st draft of the script, this one is even wackier than all 3 put together!
All I can say is that you'll learn more about the walking talking vegetable world and the characters past!;)

iantimothy Posted: May 28th 2010

cool. Make sure to put a bunch of jokes/gags in there!!! I like the jokes/gags :D

"lost brussel scout" :D that one is my favorite

mmasonghi studios Posted: May 29th 2010

Me 2 LOL! :D:)|-)8):-(|)

VincentAnimations01 Posted: May 30th 2010

Prop making day today!:D
This is the time when the cash outflow is greatest!:O
10 new batches of newplast clay is on its way. Post and Package costs were enormous, thats the issue with buying heavy bulk on the internet.:D

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jun 3rd 2010

All models are made, time for storyboarding!
In this next episode there are more vegetable puns and gags than ever before!
Turning out to be a real good script, just need to tidy off a few loose ends and then start animating.
I also have cleaned the whole set (took ages) and I have added more trees and colourful foliage!

I will start posting updated pics soon!
:)

KirstenW Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 4th 2010

VincentAnimations01, I have your runner-up prize for April's Creations Competition, but need you details so I can send it to you. Please could you either reply to my email, or send your full name and address to web.producer@aardman.com

Thanks! :)

Clay Fighter Posted: Jun 4th 2010

woohoo!!
Keep posting behind the scenes pics!

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jun 4th 2010

KirstenW have done!
Sorry for such a late response!!:)

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 5th 2010

Hi guys,
Not been on for a whole month!!!!:O

Well, the script is done and I have completed the opening titles of the new episode. For the opening titles a small temporary pond had to be made. All done know.

I've finished school!!!!!, 8 week holiday!

Hope GR4 to be complete by October!

No clues of storyline yet!!;)

Voices are being recorded next week. Shooting first 10 seconds this week which don't include dialogue.

Gonna be a good one, I'm gonna mix the cartoon humour of GR2 with the better animation and lip sync of GR3 so hopefully it will be better than any other green roots.

So where have I been all this time??
Well... I've bee to Aardman! Or at least the reception! Was in Bristol and stumbled acroos the brand new aardman complex gas ferry road. Went in the reception saw lots of little models and had a chat with the receptionist. It looks really nice. A big cuddly toy Gromit was laid on a sofa with a tuxedo on, I presume dressed for the Oscars!:D

I've also been very busy looking at uni's which do animation, including the Bristol animation faculty which has great connections with aardman.

GR4 is much shorter than the others (minus GR1). Over the summer I am also creating my portfolio, (Books, pictures of my animated work) which I will present to universities. So this summer GR is more of a background project, but I'm still gonna work hard at it and I hope you like it!

Lawrence

Below, shooting begins:

Ursrut Posted: Jul 6th 2010

Awesome L.V! You planning on studying Animation at uni I presume then?
I am looking forward GR4 like I have the rest of the GRs!

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 6th 2010

Yeah defo! I did consider film production but I'm gonna do animation for sure!
Do you now what you wanna do yet Ursrut??:)

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jul 6th 2010

thats cool VA.

Ursrut Posted: Jul 7th 2010

That's Awesome L.V!
If i'm honest i am soo confused at the moment- It's all depending on grades this August (the fact that i've kept my options so open doesn't help) I could be a Paramedic or a Paediatric nurse ( both hard jobs...)- but to be honest I enjoy film making and the whole process behind the scenes SO much- I don't know what to do. This August i suppose decides it all.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 20th 2010

Started filming today, should be complete late september, early October. Not giving title out yet. for the first time in Green Roots the whole episode is set at a night!

iantimothy Posted: Jul 20th 2010

neat-o I have never done anything at night (which is weird because beavers are semi-nocturnal) how are you doin' it, do you have the set darkened, or are you going to make it dark in post production.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 20th 2010

Bit of both, I've used mostly blue and purple gels to create a darkish wash. I've kept one light white acting as the moon! Then I exaggerate the night fall with 'colour corrector' on Final Cut express deepening the blues etc, I'm really pleased with the result so far!.

Clay Fighter Posted: Jul 21st 2010

OOh!
Sounds Great VA!!
Cant wait!

harryboy8080 Posted: Jul 21st 2010

Hehehe, Vincent the picture you posted shows someone reading a newspaper with a mushroom on it that says "What a really Fun-Gi!" I Loled. :D

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 21st 2010

He he!;)
Always love my gags in the background!

Clay Fighter Posted: Jul 22nd 2010

Yeah, I noticed that but, I love the little Gags in both GR and BeaverCreek!!

iantimothy Posted: Jul 24th 2010

Can we have some hints, as of what kind of movie it is, is it action-y, dramatic, adventure? or anything like that. As long as it is as good as the third one, I guess it doesn't matter.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 24th 2010

Well, I'm combining the humour of Green Roots 2 (RC plane flying scenes) with the more professional look of Green Roots 3 (lip sync and character expression/ movement).

All I can say is it involves fireworks!!:D
So I suppose its a mixture of cartoon action and humour.

This ones going to be only around 4 mins long, I feel I will benefit better from a shorter, 'snappy' episode

iantimothy Posted: Jul 24th 2010

yeah, I like shorter films better, How long was the third one, I think you kept the pace of the 3rd one great, it is really easy to make films draggy when they get too long. But I felt that it had a really good pacing. The longest I have done, is Beaver Creek 3, which is a little over 6 minutes. Beaver Creek 5 will be about the same length, and I think that no more than 8 minutes, or so, works best for an animated short.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 25th 2010

Third one was just under 8 mins I think. Thanks, Ian, yeah it was a real challenge to keep the pace up! Green Roots 4 is going to have a much faster pace with more use of rigs. I really enjoyed using rigs in Green Roots 2, and I was really pleased with the plane flying scenes.Therefore I'm going to use more rigs in Green Roots 4 with lots of objects flying around, and of course the odd explosion trick of putting black chalk over the plasticine puppets. :D

iantimothy Posted: Jul 25th 2010

oh yes, the explosion trick, classic cartoon gag! I did that in Beaver Creek One, and I do it again in Episode Five.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jul 25th 2010

How Do You Do That?
I Mean Like Wash It Off.

VincentAnimations01 Posted: Jul 26th 2010

Well, I just usually remake the puppets, not sure how Ian washes his off? Replacement head maybe!?

iantimothy Posted: Jul 26th 2010

replacement head, still have the burnt Twigs head on my desk.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jul 26th 2010

Thanks!

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.