Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » OTHER HOBBIES AND INTERESTS?

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 39 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 39.
iantimothy Posted: Jun 18th 2010

Most people on here do some sort of animation, or model making. But I thought it would be kinda fun to see what other stuff people like to do.

I'll start. When I am not animating I am probably doing one of either two things, first is playing with trains. Yep, I am a model train person, I love little miniatures and things, and that goes long with it. I have 2 HO scale locomotives, on a 5x8 foot board. complete with a station, mountain tunnel, forest, bears, and of course beavers.
which takes us right into my second major interest, nature watching, especially wetlands, I can spend hours sitting on the bank of a creek watching animals, My favorite things are the beavers, muskrats, and turtles I also love birds of prey, hawks, falcons osprey, vultures, etc.

Not normal interests, for **teen year old boys, but I love both of them.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 18th 2010

I Like to draw and also play on computers I also like puppets

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 18th 2010

I am an artist and I collect LEGO. I am a Star Wars fanatic. I am a HUGE audiophile (look up the meaning of that if you don't know what it means ). Besides animation, I am know throughout my city for the movies I create. I like Albert Einstein and his work, so I have 3 posters of him in my room. My athletic skills are very poor..... the worst sports player in my class. I still try. I am the fastest though, and enjoy track and field aIot. I stink at sports but in the academics field I succeed. I like much more..... I just don't really am feeling like writing a whole page at this moment.

Clay Fighter Posted: Jun 19th 2010

I am passionate about drama,love to draw, love playing sims 2, lovce spending time with my guinea pig, and go on here when i should be doing homework...like noe...I gotta go!

concon Posted: Jun 19th 2010

I love listening to music, watching football (not playing), drawing, reading books, photography, eating, watching anime, reading manga and running. Also I like shouting. :L

ClashOfTheTitans1981Rocks Posted: Jun 19th 2010

I like: Queen, rocking out, Shakespeare (Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet), drawing manga, skiving PE lessons, watching Shane Dawson videos on YouTube, reading books that have been banned somewhere or another and generally having the most awesome and fun time possible. ;)

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 19th 2010

I enjoy modeling and designing sets. I also like playing with my little sister and going PEW PEW PEW with my thumbs.

boo315 Posted: Jun 20th 2010

Im a Guitarist and I draw alot

Grumblefish Posted: Jun 25th 2010

First of all I write my own scifi stories, I am also in to video games.

kathyvseen Posted: Nov 20th 2010

I love painting and listening music.. When I am stressed I love to listen muisc

Chocachoc Posted: Nov 20th 2010

I really love good music, not just the stuff that's really catchy and is forgetton within a month (charts, no offence chart-liking people, but i really don't like most of the popular stuff) but stuff that takes time for you to really love it. My favorite musician has to be Imogen Heap, she is a real musician and also really connects with her fans. I've been to 2 of her live shows. Other artists I like include Florence and the machine, IAMX and Regina Spektor.

I love cats but we don't actually own any because I am allergic to them. I still make a big fuss of the neighbor's cats though! I am a real animal person! I have only ever owned fish, 2 gerbils and we currently own 2 hamsters named Oscar and Charlie. They are sweeties!

I play the bassoon working at grade 6 standard, and just gave up the piano at grade 6 standard. I attend a county wind band once a term that I enjoy very much! It's lovely mixing people similar to you, as most of my friends have never played instruments.

The subjects I take include maths, physics, chemistry and biology which I am starting to find rather difficult and need to re-motivate myself and raise my confidence.

This year I have been working on a project where I take a photo every day and at the end I will post them all into a ring binder, and it's really nice because I can look back to any day of the year and instantly remember what I did that day because I remember taking that photo! My photo diary!

That sums up the main bits of what I do, I would say my hobby is animation, as that is what I would classify as my main hobby, but all of the other things are just as much a part of me as my hobby of animation :D

wallace05man Posted: Nov 21st 2010

i draw and collect any comics (Wolverine & Deadepool, The Simpsons, Batman, Deadpool, The Astonishing Spiderman and alot more) and i collect action figures

Sniggles Posted: Nov 22nd 2010

Okay so I love to draw, sketch, paint, sculpt, make miniature rooms with items inside, and make animation movies (currently working on the evolution of man). But I also love to swim and am on my school's varsity swim team (pretty hard being one of four freshmen on that team). I also love skiing, scuba diving, snorkeling, snowboarding (sometimes), cliff jumping, rock climbing, driving boats, sailing, and photography.
I like building snowmen and making gingerbread houses! HMM... I like to collect teen vouge magazines being obsessed with fashion, shopping, reading fantasy books, harry potter, spongebob, and I LOVE mr. g from summer heights high.
I like the bands vampire weekend, born ruffians, muse, the killers, and duh my fellow school mate lady gaga!!!!
I also love acting and currently doing the crucible at school (real intense, and I fell on my face.... ugh) and I am in my school chorus which is always fun. Oh and I like Canada and chocolate. I am allergic to the cold, (its real), cats, horses (deathly), and possibly wheat and dairy.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Nov 26th 2010

EDIT: FOR GOT I POSTED ON HERE BEFORE

the mag Posted: Dec 9th 2010

l like working on my dad's car with him. it is a classic ford gran torino.

claymotion247 Posted: Dec 10th 2010

play with my dog:D
ps i tot her how to sit a the table like shes playing poker or eating dinner

the mag Posted: Dec 14th 2010

i also like inventing!

the mag Posted: Dec 29th 2010

now here is the car from burn notice. i love cars.

rozlinda Posted: Dec 30th 2010

i play football , volley ball !! and sometimes i go to the gym every week twice !!! and also i practise hip-hop !_! ;)

Cookie Cub Posted: Dec 30th 2010

666joshy666 Posted: Dec 30th 2010

I am either out with mates or Freebie Hunting. For getting freebies I use a site called FreebieJeebies ( http://apple.freebiejeebies.co.uk/336182 ) Its one of those sites which you think are fake but once you start using them, you realise they are 100% legitimate. I did get a free ipod shuffle...

Picture:

666joshy666 Posted: Dec 30th 2010

Grumblefish Posted: Dec 30th 2010

I like to write my own scifi, listen to music and radio programs. Old movies and cartoons.

Ursrut Posted: Jan 1st 2011

Well it's been a LONG time since i've looked at general chat- love the idea of this thread.

Well i suppose beside animation ( which has taken a back burner to my studies unfortauntly! :( ) I have interests in:
Film and Photography- LOVE IT- take them both as subjects at school ( the only reason i bother going in the end), I love the whole process of planning, filming and editing it all together and then watching it back ( naturally) and Photography I love capturing things like wildlife and landscapes and editing them as well.
And when I'm not doing my piles of homework i'm hopefully doing St John Ambulance stuff- I love the different activities i get to do and the duties i get to go on (like at faites, concert halls and anything going on around the county!) and the first aid aspect of it ( even if it is just putting a plaster on a cut finger).
Languages is another thing i love and take an interest in- I've got a qualification in Language leadership and love learning other languages. I've learnt French ( 2 years), German ( 5 years) and now Spanish ( only a couple of months)- I'm also attempting to learn Sign Language but so far my favourite language is German!
Other then that i love reading and animals and i believe that sums up everything up.

Ian- I see animation combines your other two interests that awesome!

JynxTitan Posted: Jan 19th 2011

My hobbies are listening to music, Drawing in my sketchbook and/or with my tablet, and reading books and Manga that catch my eye. :) I like collecting Anime things too. I have a small collection of Inuyasha, Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note items like plushies and keychains. lol

And whenever I get the chance, I like to write fanfiction too. :) And I've made some animation clips as well. It's just a "Stick figure" moving around so far, but it's fun all the same. :D

NeilK Posted: Jan 23rd 2011

Great choice of interests Jynx! :) Collecting anime merchandise is awesome. :D Good luck with the video animation too. ;)

My interests include listening to music, watching anime, reading (all kinds of books), playing PS3 games, and a few other little bits and pieces on the side. :) Drawing is something I enjoy doing from time to time, especially characters from my fandoms, lol :D I've made a few videos for Youtube aswell, though they're mostly made for fun, hehe :)

cheesehead302 Posted: Mar 2nd 2011

i love to draw game characters wen i draw em i take like 1-2hours to make everything just rightwon time i drew wallace,gromit,andbakewell and i took like 4 hours

alibongob Posted: Jul 28th 2011

boxing!:D

Grumblefish Posted: Aug 3rd 2011

As strange as it sounds old radio programs. I even created a blog to highlight certain shows I think are great. http://radiofinds.wordpress.com/

bubbles14 Posted: Aug 15th 2011

i love to paint and draw and watch ants- i know that sounds strange but i find them so interesting when they work together as a team and help eachother carry food hehe. i also like to make products and eat fruit.

morph2468 Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

i am a creative person i do animations make boared games as a hobby but i also have a n gage scale railway in my bedroom that i am working on.!!

iantimothy Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

cool! I almost got an n gauge when I got my trains, but I decided on HO, because it is easier to find things for it, and I like the size better. How big is your layout? How many locomotives and cars do you have?

chicken lickin Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

I enjoy baking and looking after all my wonderful pets (27 pets)

evastar7 Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

My hobbies are mostly reading,i am bit of a bookworm really! I do enjoy painting and watercolors,Listening to music mostly classical is my favorite.

morph2468 Posted: Jan 2nd 2012

i have 2 locomaotives as i just sold one and various carraiges and goods wagons. it is only a small layout in my bedroom as i could only fit a farely small one in my room but i am hoping to put a larger layout in the attic. i have found it quite hard to find things for n gage scale and it is very fidley.

cheesehead302 Posted: Jan 3rd 2012

Papercrafting!!

wallace05man Posted: Jan 6th 2012

i play the drums in my spare time. i also play angry birds in my ipod and listen to music such as David Bowie, Queen, Gorillaz, The Beatles, Rolling Stones and that kind of music.

and i also practice piano and guitar

in the summer i play football with my friend because he has a big field near his house

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.