Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » HAVE YA'LL SEEN THIS

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 44 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 44.

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 23rd 2010

Well mmasonghi, dat dem der "Y'all" was mite convincin' I tell yar that much. But y'all better leave that kinda talk to Ian. It would be darn near copyright if yer stole his "trade mark" now wouldn' it?

(Yes that was horrible wasn't it... :plain:)

iantimothy Posted: Jun 23rd 2010

y'all aint a copyrighted word. mmasonghi, just out of curiousity, are you from the US, or UK, or somewhere else. And STL, nah, that wern't horrible, the thing that killed ye, was sayin' y'all referin' to one person, no southron would ever in his right mind say that! Oh and the "dat dem der"???it would probably be more realistic to say "that dern"

Oh, yeah back to the thread! Yeah!!! I saw those a couple months ago, the first time I saw one of those commercials was actually at the dentist, there wasn't sound on the little TV but I knew it had to be Aardman... looked it up when it got home and turns out I was right.

again so we're clear I don't have a southern drawl (deep southern accent) I have a slight appalachian twang.... It is more like the way I say some words, rather than having a drawl on every word... I am trying to improve my Kentuckian accent, I have always sorta fought against it, but now I have sort of an appreciation fer it... After being in New York.... I realized that, Kentucky is awesome!

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 23rd 2010

Yes, yes it is...
I like the Southern US accent better to the northern to be honest... It sounds more friendly.

We got that good southern hospitality.

I think Kentucky is perfect for that because it is pretty much right in the middle. We have some of the good northern stuff (oxymoron?), like industry, technology, and other stuff. Then we got all the awesome Dixie stuff, Amazing friendliness, good food (fried chicken and cornbread )! Southern accents and all that good southern stuff.
Louisville is a big city, (1.3 million) but, it is THE SMALLEST BIG CITY ever, it seems like everywhere you go you run into people you know or someone that knows someone you know. It's great because you have everything you need in the city, but the people act like you're in a small little town.
I am not one of those people that thinks the north is terrible and the south is the only good part of the coutnry, but I do think people in the south just seem more genuine.

concon Posted: Jun 23rd 2010

Yeah Kentucky rocks! They have cool chicken nuggets!

Mmm, chicken nugget dipped in chocolate... :D

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 24th 2010

And there is less crime because most people are friendly and know each other right?

OT: I saw those online a few months ago, they're pretty cool.

iantimothy Posted: Jun 24th 2010

I mean, it is still a big city, so there is going to be crime, but we have a pretty low crime rate... this is from the website NeighborhoodScout "Louisville's overall rate of crime is sufficiently low that NeighborhoodScout's analysis shows the city to be one of the safest in both Kentucky and the nation. Louisville's crime rate is just 1 per 1,000 people, which means that a person's chance of becoming a victim in Louisville is one in 1315."

Louisville is broken up into little neighborhoods, some of them are actually small cities within the big city, so that helps too, Most people in louisville is either from German or Irish descent, so there is a big area called Germantown, and another one called the highlands, there is St. Mathew's, Audabon Park, Old Louisville, and those are neighborhoods, but they are also separate cities of their own with a mayor and everything... I think that is why Louisville feels so small, because you can tell someone which neighborhood you are in and everybody pretty much knows somebody in every neighborhood.

Won't tell ya which one, but I live in one of the ones I listed.

iantimothy Posted: Jun 24th 2010

I love that it has that small town feel because I am not a fan of big cities, one of my favorite places is munfordville, about an hour and a half south, It is this great old little town (about 1500 people) and it just has a great feel to it. It also has a lot of civil war stuff, which I like a lot.

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 28th 2010

Ian I'm from Texas YEEHAA!

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 28th 2010

I am from the Midwest! I am a Wisconsinite! :D

iantimothy Posted: Jun 28th 2010

My Aunt lives in Texas.

speaking of Aunts, I am not sure if it is just a Kentucky thing or a southern thing in general... pretty much everyone here pronounces the word aunt like "aint", like my mom's sister is my aint. sometimes (not often) it will be pronounced, "ant" but never "ah-nt"
being from texas, mmasonghi... how do you pronounce the word Aunt?

ajmole Posted: Jun 28th 2010

Oh my gosh harryboy, I LIVE IN WISCONSIN TOO!!!!!!!!!!

:O

What if I know you and I don't even know it? Oh my goodness. That's crazy!

kldceltic Posted: Jun 28th 2010
:)

i think you should met up with ajmole:):D;):O

But for safety reasons for both ajmole and I, not anytime soon. :D

That is, unless I know her and I had no idea she was ajmole.

I am considering that your name is Harry (your username), am I correct? Because I don't know anybody named Harry.

If you don't mind, are you closer to the upper part of Michigan (like north Wisconsin) or closer to Illinois? :)

Awe- HEY WAIT A MINUTE! I live closer to Illinois too! :O DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

I think the epicness is over now. ;)

And why it's harry, well I'll just keep that a secret. :D

Oh wow.

I couldn't agree more. :D

Hmmmmmmm........ so............ have you ever went to Chocolate Fest (if you know what that is)

Nope. Never heard of it. Let's go to the 'KayLax10!' thread to chat, shall we?

Alrighty

Ellie M Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 29th 2010

Hi Harryboy8080- It's important not to give out information on here, including your real name.

iantimothy Posted: Jun 29th 2010

wait..... really????? I don't think there is a member on here that doesn't call me Ian.

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 29th 2010

Sorry! Not to be rude, but that is kind of hypocritical because your username is Ellie M.........

kldceltic Posted: Jun 29th 2010

you tell her harryboy8080 be nice to him ellie m as he is recovering from an operation:O:-|

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 29th 2010

Now, don't make this into a fight. :D The fact that I am recovering from from an operation has nothing to do with this, and plus I was just proving my point. Thanks for sticking up for me, (you're a great friend) but Ellie M was just doing what she is supposed to do as moderator, keep us safe. :) But, that doesn't make much sense, there are probably hundreds of Eli's in Wisconsin.

ajmole Posted: Jun 29th 2010

I don't think you should (not exactly sure if this is the right word) 'talk back' to moderators kld. ;)

iantimothy Posted: Jun 29th 2010

my honest opinion is that... I don't think saying your name is really that bad, I mean most people call me Ian on here. I don't think that a last name is too bad but probably not the best thing... I don't think saying where you live is that bad... Just not your address or like your school.

I know Ian isn't the most common name in Kentucky... but there are enough that saying my name ain't too bad.... especially on WallaceandGromit.com

mmasonghi studios Posted: Jun 29th 2010

Ian
i say aint

Ellie M Aardman Staff Posted: Jun 30th 2010

I know it seems silly- I was just keeping an eye on you guys

My username is Ellie M but maybe my name is Fluffy McBubbles

Hope you're feeling OK Harryboy!

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 30th 2010

I am feeling well! :D Well that is such a coincidence! That's my real name too!

shaun the lamb Posted: Jun 30th 2010

Well har- Fluffy McBubbles, I like your new Avatar!

mmasonghi studios Posted: Sep 20th 2010

got anouther one
http://youtu.be/W4TF1y9RHxQ

mmasonghi studios Posted: Sep 21st 2010

101Gromit Posted: Sep 26th 2010

Have you seen this?It is a great animation!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9c43q_wallace-and-gromit-a-rude-awakening_shortfilms

Hope you like it!
Gromit101

mmasonghi studios Posted: Sep 27th 2010

Cool

bouncymonkey64 Posted: Nov 9th 2011

That's so Cool,with Animation,life would be super incredible

mmasonghi studios Posted: Nov 9th 2011

i know right?!? :)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.