Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

WALLACE & GROMIT CHAT » YET ANOTHER AWARD.

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 11 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 11.
iantimothy Posted: Jun 27th 2010

Well, it seems as though I am unable to go two weeks without an award, so I have done it again. On friday I won first place in the AT&T Virtual Science Challenge, a video contest held by the Louisville Science Center. I won in 2008 for the documentary video on beavers. This year one of the categories was "Art+Science=Knowledge" so in february I made a video about the Art and Science of Animation. For first prize I got $500 and a Flip video camera.
here is the video, I think y'all will like it, it is all about animation, narrated by a cute little squirrel... what's not to like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSj019p3h4

By the way... Yes! That is me in the live action parts! Yes that is my voice, but that is not how I sound, it is pitched and it is not my normal accent.

harryboy8080 Posted: Jun 27th 2010

show off...........

Just kidding!!! :D You are amazing Ian! I can't wait to see what your life will be like in ten years. You'll probably be a famous animator like Nick Park. Beaver Creek will be an international series loved by everyone everywhere. So animate and keep at it! :D

-Harryboy8080

Ursrut Posted: Jun 28th 2010

That is awesome Ian! Couldn't have come at a better time, i'm going to be trying different types of animation. First up drawing and then CGI ( hopefully, once i get used to it). But Yeah Really well done, i enjoyed watching that!
P.S what type of film did you use when you done the 2d drawn animation?

iantimothy Posted: Jun 28th 2010

I just did it with istopmotion, just photographed the cels like they were stop motion and because of the paint and ink, it gave it a nice film look.

tiptopgolfy Posted: Jun 28th 2010

amazing! well done

kldceltic Posted: Jun 28th 2010

amazing:)

thetopbun Posted: Jun 28th 2010

Ian I hope you die... Of the weight of awards crushing you! Well done! :D

ajmole Posted: Jun 28th 2010

Awesome video! Great job on winning the award too!

Gromits little bro Posted: Jul 1st 2010

Although I ABSOLUTELY LOATHE AT&T... Well done lad, you've done it again

iantimothy Posted: Jul 1st 2010

Yeah... I didn't tell them that my phone is verizon... :D

Gromits little bro Posted: Jul 1st 2010

Ha ha ha good move ;)

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.