Forgot Password?

Register

Back to forum

GENERAL CHAT » WHAT MAKES A GOOD ANIMATION SETUP

Oldest
Previous
Next
Newest
There are 10 messages in total. Showing messages 1 to 10.
Gromit lad Posted: Aug 7th 2010

the animation software I have just isn't I guess, pleasing lol! If you can just tell me anything about what you guys use or something thats better. And about a camcorder, do you need one for some softwares? Etc. Etc. Etc. If you can explain new stuff to me......... be helping me out.....

lad is stumpted

ooooooh and stuff that makes good scenery and stage props, and what types of clay, etc.

lad again

wallace05 Posted: Aug 7th 2010

well i sometimes print out background pictures from my laptop then use that. i don't really know what clay i use. i use plasticine

Yeah, plasticine is hard to come by. Theres not a place around me that sells it.

lad

iantimothy Posted: Aug 7th 2010

If you have a Windows computer, then you could get Stopmotion pro or monkey jam, if you have a mac you could get iStopmotion. I use a DV camera, they arent to expensive I have a panasonic DV that works great. where are you from, if you can't get it near you, you can buy plasticine online, just so you are clear modeling clay is the same thing as plasticine, so if you see modeling clay that will work. You can always paint your own backgrounds, even if you aren't a good painter, splat some blue paint on a piece of wood, put some clouds and there you go, got yerself a background. For sets, I use a lot of model railroad scenery, it works great for that animation, but a lot of it can be expensive, if you are going to make trees just use real branches. Depending on the size you are working with, dollhouse stuff works good for props. I make a lot of my props too.

If you haven't seen the, here is the link to my animations, the Beaver Creek Episodes, http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A75AF9C769EA009D
if you have any questions on how to do stuff I would love to help.

Clay Fighter Posted: Aug 8th 2010

shamelessly plugging Ian? ;)

Gromit lad Posted: Aug 8th 2010

Thanks Ian. Modeling stores don't carry the plasticine; found some online stores with it. I found a software at Target called honestech Stopmotion animation. It says capture device is needed to onionskin and etc. I plug in a camera but I don't understand why it doesn't except it. What does it mean by a capture device to work on different scenes.... confusing. I thought it was just a camera.

lad....yet another signature.

iantimothy Posted: Aug 8th 2010

what kind of camera are you usin'.

Gromit lad Posted: Aug 9th 2010

I have kodak zoom and DV55 Mitsuba camcorder. Not the best, but I have a lot of GB on the little sd card.

lad

Gromit lad Posted: Aug 10th 2010

Oh, never mind, I oud ou what it is. Is a web cam.

lad stands corrected

The forums are now closed. For all the latest Wallace & Gromit activity and discussion visit the news section of the website

Are you sure you wish to hide this message? You will not be able to read it again.

Are you sure you wish to report this message to our Moderation Team?
You will not be able to read it again.

Ay up chuck! We use cookies to ensure you get a top-notch experience on our website. To find out more view our privacy policy.